(See All?) Announcements
613 Users Online
Bing, Google

darling starlet — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 17 posts.
Inactive
Sienna

She felt flattered by Leotie’s desire to know her name, or more of, the reason she said she wished to know it. She grinned. Oh, you flatter me, Leotie. She offered a bashful reaction, her head dipping down softly in a nod. My name is Sienna. She’d never had a surname – it was the beliefs of the place from which she came that when a wolf came of age and could pick a mate, then they would decide their own surname… something that meant something to them. She’d played around with a couple ideas from time to time, but nothing ever stuck.

I believe that the gods are to thank for these amazing stories… I’m merely a humble messenger. Yeah, humble her ass… but Leotie didn’t need to know that, if she couldn’t see it already. She loved the rush of these stories, the reactions she drew out of others. Carlos just happened to be her favorite story to tell… what he did really depended on the day and how she was feeling… some days he was a savior… some days he was a warrior who fought off thousands of wolves at once… stories fit for cubs or stories fit for adults… all in her average day.

Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The Agouti woman smiled at the woman's words, “Well I feel it important to voice the truth. You should know how well you tell your stories.” Then the woman spoke her own name which brought a wag from the ridge wolf's tail. “It's a pleasure to meet you Sienna, you have such a pretty name.” She'd never heard a name like that before but she had learned that Relic Lore was full of wolves like that. Didn't change the fact that it was pretty and she felt the woman should be proud if it.

“You are very modest,” she commented when the woman spoke of thanking the gods. Leotie wasn't sure about God's or any of that kind of thing so she didn't really have anything to say on that. She did however have something else to say. “Thanking the gods is certainly important but they are lucky to have such an eloquent story teller to tell the stories for them.” It was of course Sienna who had told her the stories and not the goes whom she'd never met.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive
Sienna

The woman continued to flatter her, and Sienna couldn’t help but grin at the thought. Thank you ma’am… never before have I met someone so pleasant. It was true – most cast the lowly bard aside like she was spewing nonsense… which, of course, she might be… but it wasn’t the stories that were important. It was the meaning behind the stories that were meant to be told, just elaborately disguised through the actions of ages past. Yes, she very much liked this woman in front of her. Thanking the gods is certainly important but they are lucky to have such an eloquent story teller to tell the stories for them. That caused her grin to grow, almost appearing to be Cheshire as she spoke once more.

They have my father to thank for that. Where I come from, my family passed down these stories from parent to child for generations – like a pack role that we were born into. He passed the stories on to my siblings and I, making sure we understood them all, so we could share them with the pack, with our children, and our children’s children. Of course, Sienna never really planned to have children of her own. The idea, in and of itself, was mildly romanticized, and she had seen the struggles of others as they attempted to care for their young while also surviving in such a cruel world. I can tell you're from a pack... the one nearby. Do you know any good stories? I like to learn the lay of the lands I'm travelling in, helps me avoid unpleasant situations...

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
not looking for some fairytale bliss

The Agouti woman shrugged at the comment, she didn't think she was so kind. “Then you haven't been meeting the right wolves but maybe you will find more here in the lore.” Though she'd had her bad experiences for the most part Leotie hadn't met too many wolves that weren't kind. The woman in front of her seemed rather kind herself so the ridge second didn't think she would have too much trouble. The important thing was knowing when to get away from the not so nice wolves of the lore.

As Sienna spoke of how the stories had been passed down until they were told to her Leotie couldn't help but think that it sounded like an ideal way to grow up. Nothing like her childhood had been, humans didn't know the stories of wolves. “That sounds like a wonderful way to grow up, listening to your father's stories. You'll be able to carry those and the moments spent learning them from your father forever. Are you going to share your stories with your children?” This was something that had been on her mind, that if she ever did have children she would like to have stories to tell them. It was almost as if the woman could read her mind. She shook her head, “I do belong to the nearby pack but I don't have any stories to tell at least not the kind you have. I don't know if my pack has any stories like that but now I want to ask.” She wondered if Sven or Ravenna might he able to tell her some.

i want something just like this
Inactive
Sienna

She continued to smile at the woman, offering a soft shrug. I’m not certain children are a possibility for me, especially not right now. I think that’s why I share them as often as I do with strangers. She offered, hoping for a sympathy pull, albeit she did so subtly. This Leotie wolf did not have any stories of her own, and did not have any stories from her pack. This was the point in time her father likely would have made a comment about uncultured swine but Sienna was not as quick to judge. What they might have lacked in cultural heritage could have been made up with other things.

Perhaps, if there are none, you should make some… even if they aren’t the truest… stories that have a reason. Stories that teach something, I’ve found, are probably the best… my history is just that, history, it’s the fables of old that really help others. She offered as a suggestion, though she did wonder about this pack. What is the pack called? Perhaps if I’m in the area again, I’ll stop by and offer you another story. She offered, glancing up at the sky and knowing she should be moving on to find a place to settle down and get some rest. She had been going for quite some time.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The truth was Leotie wasn't sure of the possibility of children for herself. Having always been a subordinate she'd always known that it wasn't her place in the pack. Now however, Sven was an alpha and if he chose to she didn't know that he would choose her. “I understand but sharing them with strangers means that you would be sharing them with children if those strangers share them with their own.” It was an optimistic way of looking at things but maybe in some way it could help Sienna.

Leotie gave the words that Sienna offered some thought. “Perhaps I can come up with some stories. I do agree I think stories that teach something are the most valuable and may be the ones that stick with their audience longer as well as your histories.” Maybe she would lay under her favorite Willow and see what she could come up with. “Willow ridge, I would live for you to stop by if your in the area. I do enjoy your stories,” Leotie smiled and looked to the sky when Sienna did, it was getting late. She should get back before she was missed.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2018, 09:46 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive
Sienna
@Leotie - fade with your next post?

She tried to counter, and in a way, Sienna could see she was trying to help. Other’s children… not my own… I’m not sure I even want children, even if it were a possibility. She honestly didn’t know how she could be as a mother. Leotie agreed with her about the stories too, and Sienna was genuinely happy to pass on the piece of advice, even if it meant she might have exposed her own agenda. Leotie didn’t seem to notice it at all.

Willow Ridge. She saved the name as she nodded. It was very nice to meet you Leotie, but I must be moving on so I can settle down for the night. She did not want to stay too close to this pack – she wasn’t sure everyone would have the same reaction to her as the woman in front of her had. Though she supposed she could note that she did have a friend there if anyone questioned her about it, along with the fact that she was still outside the borders. Until next time. She promised with a dip of her head as her loner made her leave, leaving the pack woman to her own devices.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
Fading and archiving

Leotie nodded, she was sure there were plenty of women out there that weren't sure they wanted children. “You can enrich many children’s lives even if you don't have your own. They aren't for everyone.” Though Leotie thought it was for her, to one day have children and raise them. She'd been around Reiko and Treyah as they were growing. She'd known plenty of pups and found that she liked being around then and helping them learn new things. She didn't know if that day would ever come for her but maybe one day.

Leotie had given her the name of her pack, maybe she would decided to settle down and choose the ridge. “Of course, I should be getting back but I really enjoyed talking with you and your stories.” She was sure that she would remember them and maybe when the day came she had her own children she could share them. Night was falling and she needed to get back to the den before it was pitch black out. “Until next time,” she replied with a dip of her own head. Once Sienna had taken her leave Leotie turned back toward the Ridge.

Fade

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2018, 03:55 PM by Leotie.)