(See All?) Announcements
495 Users Online
Google, Bing

If I lose myself — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
RE:Elias, you've come across a stranded goose that seems to have forgotten to migrate.
All welcome.

Honk honk honk.

That wasn't a sound Elias expected to hear this time of year. By no means was he a goose expert-if anything he was a little intimidated by them, creepy toothed hecks- but he was pretty sure that they should have migrated by now. So what was this bugger doing all alone, waddling about by the riverside, honking as though it's life depended on it? Elias tilted his head as he cautiously approached, was it lost? It certainly seemed confused, as though it had woken up from a bad dream and reality hadn't quite settled in back.

Again, Elias rattled his brain as he searched for his goosey knowledge. They tended to live in groups, right? At the very least he had rarely seen a lone goose and yet here this one was, dazed and confused and probably quite lonely. If it hadn't been a toothed demon he would've felt bad for it. What a sorry state to be in, all alone with no one to rely on, that had been him not so long ago. Before he'd joined the Heights, before he'd found wolves he could count on. He had brought it all upon himself, he'd chosen to come here, to look for Thuban but... like this goose, had he made a mistake? One that would lead to sorrow and ruin?

These were all rather sad thoughts...and in all honesty the goose hadn't really inspired them either. Elias was just- his shoulders felt heavy and whilst his paws didn't hurt the familiar ache ran through them all the same. Perhaps one day the goose would return to it's flock, and Elias would go back home with Thuban in tow.

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Kai who has 109 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn

The pain he felt over Tinley's death was still there strong as always but Pyriel reminded himself that he was a warrior, that he could get through it. She would always be fondly remembered but there were moments, fleeting as they were he wondered if she wasn't in a better place. To not have to have the nightmares and remember the things they had done any longer. He hoped she was much happier wherever she was than she had been when she was alive.

Most days he went moment to moment to get through the day. He did his job making patrols of the border and then he did other patrols in search of Revon. He wasn't fond of the pup but he wasn't one to leave a pup lost if he could help it. It was during one of his patrols away from the border that the link of a goose caught his attention. That was rather odd to him considering it should have flown south by now. Deciding this goose could make a nice meal for someone in the pack he went looking for it.

When he found it he also found that Elias wolf, so far Pyriel had not been impressed with him but perhaps he could turn it around. He approached quietly behind the blond wolf so he didn't frighten the bird. Last thing he wanted if they were going to bring it back to the pack was for it to decide to take off. “So you just going to stand there and look at it?” He asked the male in a low tone from behind.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias was many things, but he wasn't the skittish short who jumped and flinched at unexpected sounds. Nonetheless, he didn't like being crept up on because come on, who did? His ears flitted to his skull as he looked over his shoulder, half expecting to see a stranger but instead he was met with the sight of Pyriel. A frown tugged at his lips as Elias looked back and forth between the goose and his packmate. Not to be rude but...he would have preferred a stranger as he got the feeling that his superior wasn't all that keen on him.

At first Elias had told himself that he'd been making a big fuss out of nothing, that there was no ill will between them. But that look in Pyriel's green peepers was far more familiar than he'd like to admit. Distaste, disapproval, even a little bit of disdain, Elias had seen it all before and knowing that he felt that way about him....Well it hurt and he had a hard time hiding that.

His shoulder slumped as his tail curled behind one of his back legs. He didn't know what to say, it was true the goose would serve as a good meal but-

"Well...what do you propose? Elias asked. He towered over his superior but in that moment he felt anything but tall.

Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn

His previous experiences of the male in front of him hadn't proved to the warrior that Elias had what it took to protect the pack. Despite first impressions Pyriel didn't see any reason why his opinion couldn't change. Perhaps it was him and his idea of what a strong wolf should be. After all he'd grown up with and worked with Warriors until he'd come to the lore.

The pale Agouti had noticed the frown that crossed the larger man's maw when his eyes landed on him. Pyre wondered what that was about but he ignored it for the time being. No point in bringing it up while there was a meal right in front of them waiting to be snatched up. He also wondered why Elias hadn't already caught the goose. Perhaps he was waiting for someone else to come along to help him corral it. If that was the case it was a good thing that Pyriel had come along when he did.

The warrior moved up quietly next to the man just as he saw the posture he took. “No need for all that,” he said quietly giving Elias a light, friendly bump on the shoulder with his muzzle.

His attention turned to the goose as he was asked what he proposed. “Take it back to the pack of course,” he stated, “Sure, it will only need one or two but it's winter and every little bit helps.” He then turned his green gaze on the man curious what he thought, “Unless there is something else you would like to do with it?” He asked curiously.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias wasn't so sure. Was his packmate just trying to be polite, or had Elias read him wrong all along? Oh God, he would be so embarrassed if that was the case. He wasn't the best at reading other's but...heck. What if? He shifted his weight from one paw tothe next, his ears flitting back as he considered how much more awkward this could become. Maybe if it got so bad he could just... limp off? Oh but then, wouldn't Pyriel tell Greer or Kyna? What would they think of him?

Yikes.

"Well...you have a point, geese are pretty big." He mused, a hint of caution lingering in his tone, as though he was afraid of saying the wrong thing."It can fly though...how will we catch it?" For obvious reasons Elias wasn't very good at hunting fast prey. Or at the very least, fast prey that knew he was there.

The goose was alone but it wasn't stupid. Aside from honking and wandering about aimlessly by the shore it had been keeping a close eye on him. If they were going to try and catch it then they would have to be very smart about it, lest it take to the air.

Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn

Pyriel didn't see any reason for Elias to look so glum. They had the perfect opportunity for a meal strutting around right in front of them. All they had to do was take it. Though by the way the goose kept looking their way it was rather obvious it knew they were there. So it would be up to them to figure out a good way to take the goose down before it had the chance to realize what happened and fly away. The warrior already had an idea in mind he was just waiting for his packmate to be ready.

His head canted to the side as Elias declared that they were pretty big. “Not as big as a deer,” he commented, “The two of us can catch him easy.” It would be easier with the two of then especially with what Pyriel had in mind. He had to wonder how many excuses the man had. “What do you think their long necks are for? We will use a distraction.”

It was the only way he could see them catching the bird since it already knew they were there. He felt his plan was fool proof as long as it was followed perfectly. He waited for the other man to think about what he'd said while watching the goose.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
Whoops, I lost this in my threadlog!
Hunting dem 1/3

Pyriel had a point. He had no qualms about pursuing deer, what could one goose do? See...the issue was that Elias had sort of dumped his emotions on the beast. So to hurt the creature would be to...hurt himself, in a sense? That didn't really make sense at all, he wasn't a bird and he wasn't lost or alone in the least.

"I suppooose."He admitted, the last word slow and drawn out. Like he was a kid again. What was it's long neck for though? Uh."To catch stuff underwater? To peck stuff that's far away?" At the very least that's what he thought it was for. Or maybe it was just a fashion statement, the longer the neck the cooler the goose.

As things were it was apparent they were going to hunt the creature whether Elias really wanted to or not. It was for the best, he knew that, he was here to serve and contribute but... Elias sighed again and shook out his coat, willing his worries fade away.

"You're faster than I am." Of that he was certain. "Maybe I can distract the goose whilst you jump on it?" At least then Elias wouldn't be the one doing the killing. That made it a little easier to stomach.

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 02:11 PM by Elias.)

Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn
No worries! Hunting Dem 1/3

The pale Agouti had it in his mind that they were going to be bringing the bird back to the pack. He just needed Elias to be on board with it since two wolves had to carry out his plan. In his mind it was a perfect plan that shouldn't allow for anything to go wrong. He was waiting for some kind of response from his pack mate.

He didn't have to wait long as his statement about them catching the goose was agreed upon, he gave a nod to show he heard it. Then Elias tried some guesses about the neck and Pyriel smiled. “Maybe those reasons but I was thinking more along the lines of something to grab the goose by.” The way he saw it a goose's neck was just wide enough for a wolf's jaws to wrap around it. Not to mention it would also make it easier to take back to a cache.

It wasn't the first time he'd hunted goose and probably wouldn't be the last time. It was the reason he'd come up with a plan so easily of course it was part of his job before to come up with plans quickly.

Elias spoke of Pyriel being faster so should he the one to actually do the catching. The man gave a nod, “Do you know how you will distract him?” He asked before telling his packmate what he would do. “I'm going to walk away as if I'm leaving then circle around to the back and once I'm sure the goose doesn't know I'm coming I will make my move.”

(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2018, 11:38 PM by Pyriel.)
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
I am the worst so sorry kai
Hunting dem 2/3

"I'll think of something. Elias reassured. Surely he could think of something, right? How hard could it be to hold a goose's attention? "I'll just be distracting, loud maybe, so it doesn't hear you coming."

Hunting a goose, how hard could it be? Besides, maybe they were doing it a favour. Maybe it was lonely, maybe this would be easier to stomach if he thought about it as though he was putting the beast out of it's misery? It looked healthy enough, strong but....appearances could be deceiving, maybe it was hurting real bad, inside. Shaking his head, Elias moved away from his pack mate, his footfalls loud and thumping. The goose ceased it's honking and turned to look at him, it's beady eyes staring into his soul as though it saw him for who he was, his flaws and all.

"Hello Mr...or er Mrs Goose?"He greeted as he stepped closer, his tail waving in greeting behind him. "I'm not going to hurt you...." He trailed off, heat flushing into his cheeks. He was talking to a goose....What had he become? "But my...acquaintance will, so please forgive us, if you feel like it, that is. I understand if you don't...being eaten is a lot of fun."

He frowned then with a sigh, began to chase his tail, around and around till he felt dizzy. How much more distracting could he be? Not a whole lot more.