(See All?) Announcements
663 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Google, Bing

Crash and Burn — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Inna is outside the Driftwood Surge borders and has not crossed.

The last thing that Inna wanted to do before she finally left Hearthwood was to visit her parents. She wanted to say goodbye to them and tell them what had happened even if they couldn't hear her it might help her feel better to tell them. She'd spent most of her last day in the ethos laying between her parents graves talking and napping. For the first time in a long time she had felt close to them and when she awoke the following morning she knew it was time she moved on with her life.

The first thing she wanted to do was visit Oksana and tell her that she wouldn't be able to visit for awhile. She wanted to tell her of the plans she had and to not worry she would be fine. The Raven had a vague idea of where the pack had settled so she left her den and the forest that had been her home for so long behind. It took her a few hours to make it to the lake and then find some scent that was familiar to draw her toward the new pack.

When she finally did come across it's borders she hesitated. Finding a tree nearby she sat back on her haunches. Now that she had found it and traveled all this way she wondered if it was a good idea to visit Oksana so soon after the move. She loved her daughter but she felt that perhaps it was best if Inna wasn't in her life. After speaking with Askan she realized that it would never matter if she did change or try to make the others see how much she was trying they never would and they no longer wanted her in their lives. With those thoughts Inna remained under the tree unable to make the decision to call for her daughter.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

From the moment that she had re-arrived to the Lore, hesitating had been just about the best thing that she could do. No matter the circumstance she always took a step back and thought about pros and cons, bad and good but more often than not she turned away. It was a bad habit that she was trying to break so when she did see a dark figure - a familiar-ish figure - she fought with herself to move towards it rather than away. It took a minute or two to get close enough to really see but she recognized this woman from Hearthwood, though that wasn't the first place she had seen her. A name was lost in translation and her heritage certainly was lost to, otherwise Anastasia might have run away knowing that this was a child of Maksim. A man that had had her heart when she had followed him to Darkwater Rapids but a heart she had never conveyed out loud to anyone. So in not knowing this woman but realizing she probably should, Anastasia set out outside the borders to put her anxiety behind her. Can I help you with anything? While the woman had seemingly backed a little ways off the border to a tree nearby, she was still close and had noticed the borders so there must be something keeping her.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It was a hard thing deciding to leave her daughter be and let her move on or to call of her and tell her that she would be leaving the Kingswood. In a didn't know if she would be returning soon or at all. Since the day the pack had left her behind her feelings on the matter had changed. She often considered leaving the lore altogether seeing that she had nothing left to stay for. She didn't even know if Oksana was angry with her for leaving like Lorcan had. Inna didn't know if she could bare seeing her daughter angry with her when so many others seemed to feel that way about her. Why else had she been forced to stay behind? She had hoped that she wouldn't be noticed, that she could stay there by that tree for just a few moments longer until she was ready to move on. It wasn't to be so because one of the members had noticed her and had come outside the borders. She recognized the woman as Lachesis first love before Lilya and though they hadn't really gotten acquainted she did admire the woman for being able to live in the pack that Lachesis lead with his mate. “I...I was going to visit my daughter. I didn't come to cause trouble.”

She truly hadn't come to start any trouble, she had only come to see Oksana and maybe Andre too if he was around. “Um...I'm Inna, we never really got to know each other. I'm sorry for that,” she added as she looked at her paws.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

In all her months 'hibernating' from the rest of the pack, she would have never believed that someone would be apologizing to her for not officially meeting. Her face quickl melted into one of embarrassment and confusion, perhaps some surprise, as she shook her head and gave a breathy laugh. It's not your fault. I.. didn't really make myself readily available to anyone for a while. Ana regretted that now as she realized that she knew so many by their faces but didn't have names to draw them. Luckily for her, even with a name to a face, she still didn't know that Inna was a child of someone particularly special from her past. Why would you cause trouble? Perhaps Ana really had been out of the loop because she didn't understand why Inna would feel like she might be causing trouble. Do... you want me to call for her? Again, she was met with the fact that she didn't know who Inna's daughter was but she was willing to help out and ease the woman in front of her. Whatever bad blood rested between mother and daughter, Ana was well unaware.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

With everything that had been going on in her life recently Inna had neglected the one thing that she used to try and do. Anytime they had a new member she tried to introduce herself and make them feel welcome. There were many things the Raven had neglected to do but she had been trying to do better, or at least she had been. “I'm glad to have this chance to talk with you I'm just sorry it's come so late.” It seemed that Anastasia hadn't been told of what had transpired in recent months since she didn't know why Inna might cause trouble. “I don't want to,” she said quickly, “But it's why I was forbidden from following the pack when they left Hearthwood. I just wanted to make it clear that it's not my intention. I just needed a few moments before I left.” Then Inna’s eyes grew wide as the woman suggested calling for Oksana. The Raven shook her head, “No, I don't think it would be good for her. She needs to move on and be happy here. She doesn't need to be reminded of me. It will just keep her from being happy.” That was all Inna wanted for Oksana and she truly believed that once she forgot about her mother she could be.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Even though Ana had not been given a whole lot of time to get to know to know Inna, there was something about her that she was already growing to love. Perhaps it was her ease to make conversation that led Ana to believe that there was common ground between them. Or, even better, that she was finally finding her butterfly nature. We get the chance now to make up for it at least, so that the dark woman wouldn't place the blame entirely on herself. As she was coming to find that feeling sorry for the past didn't really help when the present was moving on. Though, Inna seemed to relay the past and Ana was entirely oblivious of anything that had transpired. A mental scolding of not being more aware of those that had lived alongside her. It seemed pitiful now but there was nothing she could do now. That is very brave of you, she idly comments as she wasn't sure she would have the gall to step away from her daughter but circumstances as they might be, she might not get the choice. Where will you go, then? If she hadn't been allowed to follow with the pack, then where did she intend to go? What if her daughter ended up wanting to find her but didn't know where to go?

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna would love the chance to get to know Anastasia better and to hear the stories she might have to tell. Unfortunately it seemed that wasn't meant to be. The Raven shook her head, “I wish there was more time. I would like to get to know you better. From the day Lachesis told me about you I had thought you were nice and caring.” She could see now that she had been right in assuming that about the woman. “Thank you, it wasn't an easy decision to make but I have to do what's best for her. Having me as her mother is not that. They,” she gestured toward the border, “Dont want me here. Except my daughter of course and Andre. I suppose I can't really blame them for that,” she said looking back to Anastasia. She sighed, “I can't make them see things they don't want to see so it's best I go.” The next question brought a shrug from the Raven. “I thought I would visit Oak Tree Bend, my mother has family there that I haven't met and i thought now would be a good time but I don't know if that is such a good idea. I don't want to join another pack so I guess I might wander a bit and see the lore. I don't really know.”

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

As still as the two of them were standing there and talking, she wished that there was more time and better opportunities. More than anything she understood how uncomfortable Inna must feel being so close to her children but not getting a chance to continue living with them. Perhaps it was something that Anastasia would have to talk about with Lachesis next time she saw him because clearly she had missed quite a lot in her seclusion. Another time, then. Ana was more than happy to find Inna at another time when they weren't so close to their new borders. It would probably be more comfortable for the dark woman.

It was quite painful to know that her children were on the other side of the borders but yet she wasn't allowed in to see them. That was the assumption, anyways. That she was being forced to stay away from her children which didn't sound very Lachesis but she would find the end of this rope. I hope the best for you, Inna. I really do. Anastasia didn't want to keep Inna here longer than she wanted to be so the pale dove allowed a quiet moment for the dark woman to leave if she was ready to walk away. If her children managed to ask around then hopefully Ana could be there to say that there was a chance that she was around Oak Tree Bend, a pack she would place to memory just for the occasion.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

There were many things that Inna wished she could change and being able to get to know Anastasia better was one of them. Unfortunately circumstances wouldn't allow for it and she had to accept that like she'd had to accept so many other things. Her life would be forever changed and now that it had crumbled into something unrecognizable she had to pick up the pieces. She just hoped she was strong enough this time to do it but she'd been slowly chipped away at until she felt like there was nothing left. Inna nodded at the woman's words, “I hope we get another chance to talk and under better circumstances.” Since she didn't know what the future held for her she couldn't know if they would ever have another chance.

A smile crossed her dark maw at the woman's words, “Thank you Anastasia. I hope so to and I hope that this place is what the pack needs.” Despite whatever feelings she held toward Lachesis, Lilya, and Ayti she always wanted the best for the pack. After everything they had endured through the last year she felt the move might be the best thing for them. Her not being there was the best too as much as she missed her home and the wolves she loved. She didn't want to force herself on those who didn't want her around and she hoped that nothing happened to her to keep her from seeing Oksana again one day.

With a nod to Anastasia Inna turned and left the border but she couldn't leave the area completely without saying goodbye to Andre. The Raven slipped out of sight before sitting down to take a few moments to collect herself.

Fade Inna

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2018, 07:02 PM by Inna.)