(See All?) Announcements
683 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Life goes on... — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
You can make the last post next. He is going to take a hint and just describe the rest of the herbs. Medic Demonstration 4/3. Thoughts. Speech.

Though Jessie's words spoke a different message, Alvar could see from her bodily reactions that he had stepped out of line with his question, he needed to clarify his intentions quickly... "Forgive me, Jessie, I was simply asking so that I could show you how to apply it properly, but I can simply use myself as the patient in this case." He took some of the arnica in his mouth and began to chew, being careful not to swallow, after a moment or two he sat down and spit the arnica out onto his wounded paw, and proceeded to use his tongue to spread it around over the wound.

He then stood up and spoke... "And that is how to apply arnica to a wound." He smiled and pulled the arnica back from the center and pushed forward another. "Now for one that is fairly easy to identify, Chaga mushrooms." He smiled at the fact that this one had been growing so low on the tree he had collected it from, he pushed forward the black fungus and spoke... "Normally this fungus grows high enough on trees to make it hard to reach, I was lucky this time, but besides that, it is an interesting fungus that seems to have a lot of benefits, for example the wolves in my birth pack that used it had better memory and immunity to disease, they seemed to have more stamina as well but that could have just been coincidence." He chewed on the mushroom hunk for a few moments and let the precious juices mix with his saliva, he then swallowed and spoke once more... "If you would like to take some as well..." He pushed the mushroom towards her... "It is all your's." He the pushed forward the pineapple weed and spoke... "This is Pineapple weed, you eat it to use it, like arnica it helps with infection but otherwise it helps with intestinal problems as well as fever and birthing fatigue."

He pulled back the pineapple weed and ate a tiny bit of it, so as to help with his infection, before looking at the rye, it had the thing he had hoped for on it, he smiled and pushed it forward, speaking to Jessie... "And now for a plant you already know as the pack's namesake, Wild Rye." He was interested to hear what she would say when he told her about the medicinal effects of The Rye's fungus... "The plant itself is not medicinal, but if you look closely at the top of it, where the seeds grow, you can see some black growth, that is the medicine, it is called "Ergot" and is a real lifesaver when used correctly, you eat it to use it, and it cures head pains like migraines and can stop uncontrollable bleeding in a dangerously wounded wolf." His smile faded as he had to tell her the other part of it... "But to eat it is extremely painful, do not use it unless you have no choice, when I was young, I had the stupid idea to eat some of it, I had heard it was supposed to be good for you, but I had not heard of it's painful side effects, I ate some barley that had ergot on it, and soon after felt like my limbs were ablaze, it was a terrible pain, I could have died that day, but our healer used Chaga mushroom to help my blood to flow again, and I survived." He looked at his leader and pulled back the plant, saying... "Pray you never need to use it."

He then spoke to his leader in a more cheerful manner... "Tell you what, you go ahead and take that mushroom back to your den for your personal use, just water it regularly by carrying soaked moss over it and biting, I can collect some more of these herbs and come back when I am done."

He turned off with a curt nod to his leader and ran off with a smile on his face.

(Alvar's Exit.)
(This post was last modified: Jan 18, 2019, 12:01 AM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The woman nodded her head in aknowledgement to his apology, glad that he at least could see that she had not appreciated his implication. The monochrome woman's ears perked forward, watching the medic's applications and nodding along with his explanations. It was making a bit more sense now but she still wanted to know more. Once Jessie obtained a piece of knowledge she just wanted to dive deeper. For a moment, the Rye Queen was hopeful that the Ergot might actually be helpful towards her, especially since she'd been getting violent headache's recently. The leading lady did not want to risk putting herself in danger just so she could be in a little bit less pain. The pack needed her and if she was incapitated because of a medication then she would be no good to them. It was a lot of information but Jessie would do her best to obtain all of it.

The Tainn thanked Alvar quietly when he offered her the mushroom and dipped her head in slight appreciation. It was not long before they parted ways. He was not all that bad when he was doing his job and not talking back to Laike and her. A part of her warmed because she felt like the man was finally finding his place in the pack.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]