276 Users Online
Khalon, Nadine, Bing, Google

i've got to be honest, i tried to escape you — Murkwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
'Dismantle, Repair' by Anberlin
The rain fell in heavy sheets, causing an incessant hiss in his ears as it plummeted at speed to the snow covered ground. The freezing water soaked his thick agouti pelt, darkening his normally tawny coloured hair to a rich woody brown. It stuck up haphazardly, spiking out in all directions upon his lean frame. Lorcan ran his salmon pink tongue across his charcoal lips as droplets trickled down the sides of his muzzle and dripped off from his pale chin. Whilst the rain was certainly annoying, Lorcan knew its significance. The fact that it was not frozen into snow signalled that the temperature was on the rise and Spring was finally approaching. This realisation alone kept him in a good mood as he continued to roam around the area, despite the wet weather.

Seeking shelter in the nearby forest, Lorcan swiftly retreated from rain. Finally under the thick cover of deciduous trees, he paused to give his coat a thorough shake. Water showered the surrounding foliage his body twisted and turned violently from side to side, ridding himself of much of the rain that had been weighing him down. After taking a moment to recompose himself, his golden eyes scanned through the trees and his nostrils flared in search of anything of interest. A familiar odour filled his nose, causing his tail to sway at the familiarity.

He had been meaning to have a word with @Cheedo. He felt that the pair of them were in need of a private discussion to figure out where both of them stood with each other. After only a moment of hesitation and a deep breath, Lorcan gathered his courage and loped after the smaller female. Meandering through the trees after her trail, it wasn't long before his golden eyes spotted her tan figure stalking through the trees up ahead. Quietly he approached her, his tail lifting to wave in neutral greeting. "Cheedo, I was hoping to catch you alone." He called out, a friendly smile tugging awkwardly at the corners of his lips. "Are you free to talk?" He paused in his advancement then, waiting anxiously to see how she would react to his presence now that Piety and the others were not around to witness them together.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

It was raining ridiculously hard but Cheedo had gone out in it and was starting to think it might not have been such a good idea. With the rain came the fog that had grown dense but she saw the rain as a good sign. Perhaps it would even help to melt some of the snow they had been trudging through for months. She hoped it would bring the prey back sooner which was what she was out looking for. A small rabbit to bring back to the group would be ideal but if she were honest she didn't expect to find much in the rain that was falling in sheets.

She supposed that hunting wasn't her only excuse for being out in the weather but she didn't want to think about that. The small Agouti woman had learned a long time ago to accept things but it didn't mean she had to like it. With a huff that brought a breath cloud in front if her face she moved on through the rain and forest that she found herself in.

Her good ear flicked when she thought she heard a sound behind her and it caused her to turn and peer through the fog behind her. When she didn't see anything she returned to her previous path until she was interrupted once again. This time by a voice saying her name. When she turned she found Lorcan behind her. Her expression hardened and a frown crossed her face. What she didn't want to think about was now in her face. Her head canted to the side as he said he wanted to catch her alone but she remained quiet waiting to see what he meant by that. Was he trying to remove her from the group? As it was it seemed he only wanted to talk, “Not doing much else besides getting wet out here it seems,” she threw at him, “What do you want to talk about?”

Seeing a place where there could he a cave not too far from where they were she indicated it with a point of her muzzle, “We can talk there and maybe dry off a little under the ledge.” She didn't much like the man but Cheedo could be civil for Piety.

(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2018, 08:04 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The same frown which she had greeted him with at Clearwater Tarn pulled at her face once more as she looked up to meet his gaze. The male's ears pushed back against his head apprehensively as he waited to see how Cheedo would react to him. Since he had taken up Piety on her offer for him to join the group, Lorcan had been cautious around the smaller agouti female. Whilst their personal history might have tarnished their opinions of each other, Piety seemed to be able to trust them both. The pale woman had only high praise for Cheedo, stating that she had proved her loyalty after the loss of Wraith and their departure from the monadnock. Piety valued Cheedo, and Lorcan knew that he would have to mend his relationship with the small female if she was to stick around and remain as their subordinate.

Charcoal lips parted to speak after @Cheedo questioned what he wished to talk with her about, however before he could muster up an appropriate response, she spoke again suggesting that they should once they were under some better shelter. Closing his mouth, the male nodded in agreement and moved forwards to trail a respectful distance behind the agouti female as she lead him to a small opening in a nearby rock formation; likely caused by large boulders tumbling down from the mountain many years ago. Lorcan allowed Cheedo to step beneath the overhanging boulder first, giving her most of the shelter from the rain, before he sidled in next to her to partially shelter himself from the rain.

Now that the pair of them were more comfortable and protected from the wet weather — or partially so in his case — Lorcan continued on with their discussion. The larger male released a heavy sigh, his shoulders sagging as his golden eyes struggled to hold her pale blue gaze. "I would like to apologise to you Cheedo." His pale brows furrowed as he looked to see if she was listening. "I know me and you didn't get off to the best start back when we were in Whitestone." The male gave an anxious flick of his tail through the rain behind him. "If I'm totally honest, I think I kind of blamed you for Craw leaving and," He paused, thinking about his wording. "I guess I never really trusted you after that." Pale paws shifted uncomfortably in the dirt beneath him as he paused for a longer moment. "But, after Piety told me how supportive and loyal you've been to her and Cyril, even after that stunt your friend Mittani pulled, I think you deserve a second chance from me." Golden eyes shot a sincere look towards Cheedo then as his ears pressed back in apology. "I'm sorry for judging you so harshly before." Lorcan hoped that the pair of them could move on from their past now and focus on building a brighter future together.
(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2018, 07:06 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

She didn't trust the male and didn't know that she could trust he would be good for their group and its future. Still Piety saw something in him and all Cheedo could do was hope that he wouldn't put them in a bad situation. After losing Wraith and now trying to start something that would he good for all of them. All the small woman wanted was for them to succeed and find some place where they could be happy again and move on with their lives.

She would allow the man to talk to her and say what he needed to say. She wouldn't make any promises that things could be better until she'd heard him out. She felt like he'd never given her the chance to explain herself to him and had she had that chance he may not have judged her so harshly. She however didn't want to stand in a downpour to have this conversation so she led him to a place that was covered by a ledge. He allowed her to take her place first. She nodded politely before sitting back on her haunches out of the rain. Then she waited for him to settle and start speaking.

It was best she let him go first so she knew where he was going with the conversation. Having no idea what he meant to say to her she was a little surprised by the words that slipped from his maw first. He went on to explain his judgement of her and why he felt the way he did. She looked out into the rain as he spoke but hearing everything he said. She turned her head to look at him once he'd finished, “Craw used to call me fragile and back when he found me I was. I became his wife out of necessity, survival. He took care of me and protected me and I thought that because of that he deserved my loyalty. Then we thought he was dead and I grew close to Mittani, for two years he was there for me, helped me as I grieved my stillborn children. I loved him and I think he loved me as hard as that might be to believe.” She knew the kind of man her White Knight was but that didn't change how she'd felt about him, how she still felt about him. “It took a lot for me to stay when he was kicked out of Whitestone but I knew that I had a good home with Piety and Wraith and I wasn't willing to give that up. I was so used to doing what I had to survive that it took awhile for me to realize that life could be different. Wraith and Piety showed me that and gave me a good life.” She'd never shared any of that with anyone and part of her felt a little relieved to finally share it with someone. “Piety deserves my loyalty more than anyone and I love Cyril as if he were my own son. I was there for her pregnancy and when he was born, they are my family now.” She took a breath before looking out into the rain once more. “Sorry that was a lot but I've wanted to say that to you for a long time, explain that a lot of what I have done in my life has been for survival but this what I have now is for family.”

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan did notice how the small agouti female looked away from him as he tried his best to apologise. Russet ears pressed back against his head awkwardly as he continued. The male was unsure if her lack of eye contact implied that she refused to listen to him or even accept his apology at all. Still, Lorcan would try. As he finished his piece, his golden gaze remained focused on Cheedo, curious to see how she would react. The male felt his chest tighten a little as she finally turned her head back to look at him. Frowning anxiously, Lorcan waiting in silence for some kind of response. 

The male's expression softened slightly as @Cheedo proceeded to explain to him her past relationship with Craw and Mittani. Lorcan listened carefully, trying his best to remain open to her explanation and to see the situation from her point of view. Hearing that she once loved Mittani was news to Lorcan and it concerned him. Black-tipped tail flicked behind him and his head tilted to one side with growing interest as the female continued to talk. He would give her the same respect she had given him, allowing her to say everything that she wanted to say before he would reply. The way Cheedo spoke of Piety did cause a faint smile to pull subtly at the corners of his lips, though his expression for the most part remain neutral and serious. 

"I can tell that you have grown to care a lot about Piety and Cyril, but it is your feelings for Mittani that concern me." The male explained, his golden gaze still focused on the smaller agouti female. "You said you loved him and you believe he felt the same about you. What would you do if he were to show up again, now?" His head tilted to one side. Lorcan was interest to see how honestly she would answer him and if what she said would convince him that she was really over the male.
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Lorcan apologizes to her for his judgement of her and as she turned to look at him she didn't want to accept it just yet. Cheedo had know before this day that it was because of Craw that she'd been judged so harshly by the healer. She wanted to wait to accept his apology until after she had explained some things to him. She needed to see his reaction to what she had to say because he may end up changing his mind.

The things that she had to explain to him she was sure that Piety already knew most of not all of it. She had no concern about him going to the pale woman and telling her anything. However, what she had to say we're things that he needed to hear of they were going to be living together and also because he needed to understand. He needed to know she wasn't the wolf she was back then. She was more than that now and it had all been because of her life in the Monadnock.

He decided to focus on Mittani and how she felt about her white knight. No matter what he would always be that to her. “You have nothing to be concerned about,” she assured since she believed she wouldn't ever see him again. Apparently Lorcan thought there was a chance she might. “I can't answer that honestly because I don't know. I can tell you I wouldn't leave the pack for him. What he did to that woman I'm Hearthwood was wrong and it broke a trust that I had in him. Would I want to see him or talk to him? Yes I probably would he was there for me when no one else was and that's not really something you forget, you know? I would at least want to make sure he was okay."she wasn't the same wolf that he'd once known so she didn't even know if the white wolf would want anything to do with her.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan perked up his ears and tipped his head to one side expectantly when @Cheedo assured him that he had nothing to worry about, concerning her and Mittani. He wanted to hear what she would say to his question, curious to hear how she would react if they were to turn up in their part of the woods tomorrow without warning. Would she hide his presence from them all? Would she run back to him? Would she lead him right to them? These were all things that the future leader wanted answers to. 

When she stated that she would not leave the group for Mittani, Lorcan's worries lessened a little. So she planned to remain loyal, that was a good start. The fact that she wouldn't outright avoid him and would still wish to talk with him did concern him however. He remained silent for a moment, thinking his answer over carefully before he said anything. "So long as you tell him nothing of our group, not our location, our numbers, nothing — and inform us immediately of his presence — then I think I would be okay with you talking to him." He explained, before mumbling to himself. "I just don't want him becoming a threat to us." Glancing back up to meet Cheedo's gaze, his pale borrows furrowed into a serious frown.

"Can we agree on that?"
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Mittani had been a big part of her life for a long time, he had been there when she needed someone most. It had been hard to remain while he had been exiled bit she had and she'd grown strong. Though she hadn't and still didn't agree with what he'd done to the Hearthwood woman she felt he'd gotten what he deserved. Lorcan was concerned though about what she would do of Mittani were to return. She supposed she could understand so she told him how she honestly felt. Where she was Mittani were concerned there was nothing to worry about.

Her sea green gaze landed on the man as he spoke pushing weight around that he didn't officially have. That rubbed her the wrong way completely. Her expression remained neutral though not revealing any of her thoughts for she didn't not respect the man sitting beside her, he had not earned it in her eyes. As for Mittani, if he thought she wouldn't talk to her white knight if he showed up well Lorcan had another thing coming. Mittani had been there for her through the most difficult time in her life, she couldn't discount that. Still, Cheedo wasn't a stupid woman by any means.

“Yes, of course,” she said offering a smile and a nod.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan hadn't been sure that @Cheedo would agree to his terms, so it came as surprise when she simply smiled and nodded. "Good." He replied cheerily, giving a few optimistic waves of his tail behind him as a smile pulled at his charcoal lips. 

Stepped out of the shelter of the cave and into the rain, Lorcan gave a thorough shake of his pelt and exhaled quietly, glad that their awkward conversation was over and everything was seemingly resolved between the the two of them. The male looked around the woods, not caring about the rain that still fell from the sky. "I think I'm going to re-mark some of the borders, you can join me if you like?" He asked, tilting his head to one side curiously. Now that they understood each other, the agouti male didn't see any reason why they couldn't try to be friends. It was her choice though, if she didn't fancy walking with him in the rain, he would leave her to her own devices beneath the shelter of the cave. 
# P O R C A N