(See All?) Announcements
459 Users Online
Google, Bing, Matos, Moonshadow

Lost?! — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 233 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
Ooc: teeheehee Jon Silver... Long Jon Silver... Sorry, lack of sleep. Posting from phone again.

<blockquote>there was no way to contain the wry smirk that crossed the silver males face at her comment about Rhysis. Valiant found himself licking his muzzle in amticipation. Deer was one of his favourites, along with anything else he could manage to lock his teeth around.

He had to admit the kid looked exhausted, it may yet come down to the two older wolves to pull anything down. As long as he gave whatever they stumbled across a good start towards the others they should all eat well.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Kree who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jon Lucain Burvio
<blockquote>Jon yawned, a bit bored of the two older wolves conversation. He couldn't wait to start the hunt so that he could finally eat something. His navigation skills were pretty bad, all the new scents kind of confused him so instead of doing something productive he got frustrated and was about to give up. Good thing this older wolf had decided to help him out or was it really help that the older male was looking for or was it the favor in wish he'd ask in return. Jon narrowed his eyes for a moment. He took note to the males name Valiant; although he wasn't sure of the male's objective, he was sure that everything would become clear with time. As far as the female who called herself Silver, there was nothing really to worry from her. She seemed more interested in Valiant and the scent connection he had seemed to have to a wolf she was familiar with. Jon had noticed that he seemed to be extremely observant, he was so determined to find out the reasons behind everything; so many secrets undiscovered. He wondered if the others knew that he also had a secret of his own. He was sure that these two would see him as no threat whether he was at full health or not. Unfortunately, strength was not on his side at the moment. They were much larger and experienced then he was. The only weapon that favored Jon was his wits. If it came to taking down these two in the future, he'd have to separate them and attack them in a situation in which they would not predict. But of course there was no reason for him to think that way quite yet. His thoughts were nowhere near positive, but he needed to weigh out his odds and find the best ways of defending himself in any situation against any opponent. It was habit he had seemed to have; to analyze any character who he would come across.

Jon looked up at Silver when she had explained what she had scented. <b>"Whoa, you can smell all that?!"</b>, looking around and lifting his nose to sniff the air. He only scented out a mixture of things, identifying them was a whole other problem. <b>"Deer, awesome!"</b> He exclaimed. He would appear innocent since it's probably what they'd expect from a wolf of his age. Although it was obvious, in different ways, that he wasn't but he highly doubted they were interested in his antics as much as they were interested in each other's interest in this wolf that they both apparently knew. Besides, Jon was no threat to them so there was no reason for them to keep him under surveillance to anything of the sort.</blockquote>

( sorry for the late reply )
(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2012, 11:36 AM by Jon.)
Played by Hope who has 110 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver listened to the little wolf, and was proud of herself. His question came and she paused, "No need to tell there not going to be around me later. I hope," she thought.<b>"A lot of practice, and a whole lot of running from others not like you,"</b>Silver wasn't sure she should have said that and quickly changed the subject.<b>"So where are you from Jon?"</b>she asked glancing back at them. The small one didn't seem to be a threat, but she got the feeling that someone here was hiding something.

Silver knew she wasn't telling them the total truth. But this felling was worse,"It must be the fox up bringing. That's the only way I could be sensing something like this. No problem, just keep a eye out for them. Don't get pulled in," she thought. She looked back at the small wolf and grinned,<b>"I can track anything, from a mouse to a bird. Well birds are a lot harder, because they don't stay on the ground that much,"</b>Silver faded off looking at the bigger male, Valiant.<b>"Anyways what where you guys doing in here? No one comes in here unless they have a den here."</b>she asked suspiciously. They where getting close to the deer, only a few more minutes. Silver slowed a bit but kept up, she wanted the answer.
"If I had to chose between you and me, well it depends on my reason."
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
<blockquote>He didn't have a reason for being here beyond looking for somewhere to be alone, and instead the lost male had caught his interest and now he was saddled with a crazy female too. <b>"Shhh..."</b> he whispered to the others, he had seen a flash of brown ahead and the scent of the deer was strong enough now that even he could scent it.

The deer came into sight just ahead and he crouched. <b>"So I'm guessing we just need Jon to flush them towards us and then we can bring one down?"</b> he whispered to his companions. It would require minimal effort on the younger wolfs part. All that was left now was for them to pick their target.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jon Lucain Burvio
<blockquote><b><i>"A lot of practice, and a whole lot of running from others not like you,"</i></b>

Eh? Jon tilted his head lightly to the side. Did he hear her correctly; for a moment he didn't quite get it but he had to acknowledge how she had seen him. So perhaps she meant that at a time she was being chased by brute males or other females with an attitude. His estimate could be wrong but it wasn't like she was going to clarify much on the subject so there was no need for him to think much of it now. Although his thoughts and plans at times could be quite sinister, for the time being he'd respect her privacy. <b>"Far east from this place.. I don't remember much from my birthplace seeing as how we were always on the move"</b> As we, he referred to his grandfather and himself. He didn't remember his parents much either, his grandfather had made sure he had forgotten about his mother and father. The only things that concerned the relationship with him and his grandfather was learning how to become a proper leader, hunter, fighter, and tactician. His grandfather had told him that these were the only things he'd need to lead a productive life in this world. Anything else such as family, love, and friends were just weaknesses in which every wolf winds up giving into sooner or later. He remembered his grandfather's words clearly: <i>"If ever faced with the decision to love, have a family, or make friends.. only do so for productively. If you are not benefiting out of any situation but to only reveal a weakness, you will die. It is an unavoidable truth in which you may recognize to survive. Live life with a productive reason."</i>
Only do things in which will benefit himself.. Selfish? You could think so. But it was better than taking the risk of becoming weak in the eyes of the enemy. Perhaps Jon would change his mind in the future. But until then, he'd continue this path.

<b><i>"I can track anything, from a mouse to a bird. Well birds are a lot harder, because they don't stay on the ground that much,"</i></b> Jon smiled up at her, impressive! Even birds? A part of him indeed praised her on her rather useful skill. Maybe he could train himself to enhance his sense of smell. <b><i>"Anyways what where you guys doing in here? No one comes in here unless they have a den here."</i></b> Jon was going to reply until the two was shushed by Valiant.

<b><i>"So I'm guessing we just need Jon to flush them towards us and then we can bring one down?" </i></b> Spoke Valiant. Not exactly ordering Jon to do anything but basically giving hm the obvious choice if they were to have a successful hunt. Of course, Jon had knew this already but it was good that the two males were on the same mindset. If Valiant had suggested anything else, surely he'd be stupid. <b>"Very well"</b> Jon replied, his tone, attitude, and aura quickly changing. The look in his hazel eyes became more focused as he stared down the target with a strong intent. He didn't have much hunting experience and at his age even the simplest of tasks were a test to his capability. But Jon was skillful although so young. He was sure that as he moved towards his position, Valiant would tell Silver the rest of the plan; that it was up to those two to take down the deer.

Without hesitation he parted from the two older wolves, not looking back for even a moment. His eyes remained on the deer ahead. Stance lowered, he would keep himself hidden, his steps steady and careful. Jon would lighten his steps in order to use the padding on his paws to mask any sounds that might come from the snow. His ears pinned to the back of his head as he moved but as soon as he'd pause, he'd perk them forward to observe the target's location. Once in position, he was sure that the two older wolves should be preparing themselves. Jon prepared himself before springing out of the brush and herding the deer towards Valiant and Silver. If even possible, Jon attempted to swing a paw towards the deer from it's side, he would try to knock it off balance but the deer continued to move. Guess the rest remained in the paws of the two older wolves. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver nodded at the small male. She new he would get the point of her comment, or at least hopped he would. She saw the small wolf's tilted head, but payed it little mind. Silver thought she saw the beginning of an answer to her question on Jon's lips, but Valiant shushed the both of them. She looked forward to give the male a evil stare, but saw why it had been spoken. Silver lifted her weight in a comfortable position as she inched near Valiant, but not to close.

She nodded to Valiant as Jon went around the back. She flicked her tail balancing her weight. She was impressed at how Valiant took control, and noted it in her memory bank. Lifting her weight onto her back legs she waited for the right time. As the deer neared the location, Silver looked over at Valiant. With out hesitation Silver sprung forward. Cutting of the deer's escape, she lunged at it hoping to catch it off guard.

Lunging again she bit into the leg of the deer hoping to weaken it for Valiant. As she held on the deer reared, striking out with its hooves. Still holding onto the deer's leg Silver was flung into the bush. Shaking herself off Silver reevaluated the deer's strength. Getting up she growled in anger at the deer. She sprung from her landing place; she landed near the wounded deer. Passing the deer she watched for the right time to attack.
(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2012, 03:37 AM by SilverWintercoat.)
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
<blockquote>Valiant didn't bother to bite back a growl, openly baring his teeth at the stupid woman. She moved too soon, and launching herself from his side only spooked the deer into shying away from him and the fact was, he just wasn't a fast wolf. But he had to try, if only for the scrawny males sake.

He moved through the trees, keeping his presence unknown to the panicked beast. He had to pick his moment and there it was. The stupid animal darted straight for him and he launched himself from the cover of the bushes, aiming for her neck and hitting his mark. Hooves flailed and grazed his side but he had endured far worse in his day as teeth sunk deeply into the soft flesh, crushing the animal's wind pipe and flooding his mouth with blood as it crumpled to the ground.

In his usual fashion he didn't wait for the animal to finish dying before he ripped into its stomach, tearing at chunks of fresh steaming flesh. The deer was done for, and it wouldn't be long now, sped up by its eviseration. He waited for the other wolves to join him with a chunk of flesh hanging from his maw. <b>"Well?"</b> he questioned, indicating they should join him.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jon Lucain Burvio
<blockquote>Jon continued to chase the deer, after rushing to it's side again he attempted another swat it it's hip to try and knock it off balance but of course his attempt failed. He slowed down to a halt once he had rushed the deer towards the older wolves. He watched as Silver jumped out of the brush way too early and outcome wasn't very good, he winced when he saw her get tossed into the brush. Surely that must of been painful. But if she would of cooperated with Valiant then that little incident probably would of never happened. He figured once the deer came close enough they'd attack from both sides; confused and lost the deer would lose it's footing in attempt to get away but it would of already been too late. But obviously Silver was use to hunting alone, since she had went off on her own.

Panting heavily, Jon took a moment to catch his breath; he would stand his ground just in case the deer decided to run back his way in a suicidal attempt to get away. It was all up to Valiant now; Jon watched the larger male take down the deer with a few slick moves and a killer strike. He smirked lightly. <i>"Finally, food!"</i> He thought, his tail swaying in excitement. Jon trotted towards their kill. The smell of fresh meat was alluring, he would sink his teeth in the carcass and began to feast. He ate as if the food was going to run away. But the expression of joy on his face was rather obvious. I guess any wolf would be happy knowing that they no longer had to starve.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver watched as Valiant took down the deer. She was aware of what she had done, but it had not bothered her. She was use to the looks wolves gave her when she was wrong. She sat idle by while the others ate. She was hungry but the others had to eat to. Rather then answered Valiant she turned her head away and walked over to where she had sprung from, and sat watching them.

While they weren't looking she bent down to her leg and inspected it. She had made sure she showed no signs of her wound, not even limping thought she wanted to. It was bleeding, but it looked like blood from the deer, and she was glade. Looking back at them she watched them eat, not wanting to intrude."Its not like they'll care," she thought. Then she glanced down at the oracular wound, and winced."Not that bad," she replied to her mental question."Its nothing I haven't dealt with before," he mind said. The silver female starred off into the bush wondering what the wolves would do next, "Probably leave," she thought defiantly. She had changed her mind about her Rhysis problem, she would find him soon enough.
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
Wind it up soon?

<blockquote>Valiant had eaten until he was bloated and wandered a short distance away to wait for the others to finish up. He wasn't so concerned about the female, she could go wherever she wished from here, it was the young male who needed a guide out of here. His rutilant eyes observed the young pair and he began to wonder if the young man would be a good fit. Not to worry. Couldn't hurt to ask. When it looked like he was close to bursting the silvery wolf raised his hulking form and questioned <b>"Ready to go Jon?"</b></blockquote>
user posted image