(See All?) Announcements
512 Users Online
Bing, Google

flames kissing my back — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

While the sadness that he felt for Namid was still there a part of him felt a little better for having talked with Birtie. She had a way of putting things into perspective for him that he wasn't sure any of the other cove wolves could have done. Maybe in time he could come to terms with Namid's fate but he didn't think it would be anytime soon. She held a special place in his heart because she had always reminded him of his mother before she'd become what she had.

The cream coated wolf beckoned him to follow her with a motion and a word. He didn't hesitate to follow her as she left the lakes shore. He gave her a small nod and didn't question her as to where they were going. Though he did realize that he had been so wrapped up in what he was feeling he failed to ask her why she was awake. “Are you okay?” He asked as he fell into step next to her.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her ear flicked softly at his question. What makes you ask? She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. Had she done something or said something to stir his interest? Birtie thought she had done rather well in avoiding topics about herself. She didn't even think she did anything out of the usual.

Not to mention she wasn't the one dying or was close to someone who was dying. So if that was where they set the bar on being okay than she was rather dandy.

She steared them in the direction of her hidden spot out on the borders. Birtie knew Kajika already knew of the place after following her there after the fight with the loner. It wasn't fancy and it wouldn't be new but it'd be somewhere nice to settle. If the male intended on talking all night then she was going to be comfortabe while listening.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was rather selfish of him to not take note of the fact that she was out wandering the territory late at night. So when he finally took the moment to realize this he asked her if she was okay. She didn't disappoint in her usual manner of avoiding the question. “Most don't go wandering around the territory at night unless they have something on their mind.” He knew she'd lost the rank challenge and the scuffle with the loner a girl with her spirit couldn't have taken those two incidents well.

His attempt to talk to her about the scuffle had turned into a conversation about caring. The conclusion of which she felt he shouldn't and he felt he should. It ended up it seemed they would have to agree to disagree on that one.

He recognized the area in. Which they were heading, he'd been there plenty of times in his patrols or just walking around the territory. After almost three years there wasn't much of the territory he hadn't seen. However, he also recognized it as the place he'd found her after the scuffle. His Amber gaze fell on her, “You want.me.to join you?” He questioned in slight disbelief that she would share this space with him after their last conversation.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Maybe I just like to wander. The large female hummed in response. She was here doing the work of a scout after all, shouldn't he expect her to wander as she pleased? Granted she had been out here because of a cluttered mind. Just couldn't sleep. Her shoulders gave a small shrug, showing her lack of interest in the topic.

She gave a stiff laugh at the sound of disbelief in her voice. I'll change my mind if that's how you're gonna react. Birtie had no problem saying good night here and telling him to get lost. She was just trying to be nice.

I just figured if we were gonna be chatting all night I'd much rather be in a comfortable place. The large female explained before looking over at the alpha. Is that a problem?

(This post was last modified: Feb 22, 2018, 06:57 AM by Birtie. Edit Reason: cleaning up )
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She didn't reveal anything after he’d spoken of her being out wandering at night. “I gathered that from our deal,” he commented. Who wanted to be a scout if they didn't like to wander to some extent. What she gave next was a little more what he figured. “We all have bouts of that from time to time," he said with a small nod. He'd sure had his times of not being able to sleep.

He raised a brow at her laugh and then scoffed at what she said, “Do you think I would let you change your mind,” he said giving her shoulder a slight nudge with his nose. “You're not the only one you can be stubborn.” He'd had his times of that as Moonshadow could attest to.

“No, no problem at all,” he stated certainly not having a problem with being comfortable while they chatted. He then took it upon himself to get comfortable, “Are you going to join me or stand there all night?” He asked his brow raising once more before waiting to see what she would do.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

I don't think you'd argue with my word.She shoved her own nose into his shoulder, teasing and almost daring him to argue back. I think your stubbornness is no match for mine. Birtie had already made it clear in subtle ways that she was head strong and stubborn in her ways. No one had seen the full brunt of her stubborn ways yet.

The large female gave a soft shake of her heard as he made himself right at home then asked if she was going to stand around. Have you forgotten your manners, Kajika? Your lands or not this is my private section of it. Without much protest she settled down beside him, close enough to be touched but not close enough for them to be constantly touching. She still wanted her space even if she invited him here.

What now? Birtie asked with a slight tilt of her head.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“I think you would be sorely disappointed my dear,” the dark man said with a smile as she shoved her nose against his shoulder. He most certainly would argue with her word if he felt he could get away with it or that he would win the argument. “It's that a challenge?” He teased suddenly curious as to who was more stubborn him or her. He hadn't been looking for a way to take his mind off what Namid had told him but in her way Birtie was helping him with it and that was something he could certainly appreciate.

He smiled innocently up at her as she spoke of him forgetting his manners. “It seems I have, won't you please join me Birtie?” He said with a dip of his head. The alpha was fully aware that she meant the fact he'd made himself at home in her space. It didn't take much to convince her to settle down next to him. Though she wasn't leaning against him she was closer than she'd ever been.

Of course she had to ask what was next when he didn't have any clue. Deciding he was more seeking company not wanting to be alone with his thoughts all night he decided to check in. “You've been a busy girl lately,” he commented to see where that would go. Would she talk about the challenge or her scouting or would she about it?

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

I'm not your dear. The Parlow corrected him firmly but in a hushed tone. She was not looking to cause a scene or draw attention to them. He may have been the alpha here but that didn't stop Birtie from trying to get the upper paw in every situation. Just might be. She quipped back with the faintest hint of a devious smile.

She would have snorted with laughter at his words if she had it in her. The female would never admit it out loud but she certainly got a kick out of making others play by her rules.

The corners of her lips pulled down slightly at his comment, one ear giving a gentle flick. Can't keep anything from you, huh? She could only imagine what he had heard she'd been up to. Birtie hadn't left the mountain in a few days and her time spent up here had certainly been busy. She had it coming you know. Her voice was a hushed whisper that was meant only for Kajika. If he knew what she was referencing than certainly she wouldn't have to say much more than that.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“Very well,” he conceded when she corrected him. He didn't see any reason to upset her with what to call her. He also wouldn't challenge her about it at least not on that day. He was feeling in better spirits but not enough to start that argument. “Well then challenge accepted,” he expected that in due time they would know which of them was more stubborn. He and Moon had figured that out between them a long time ago and as it turned out they were equally stubborn.

As he watched her settle herself beside him he did have to admit she had picked a nice spot for her resting place. It was also close to the border where she could keep a watch on things which he found somewhat interesting but that was a conversation for another day.

The topic he chose to discuss with her was her rank challenge with Bastet. “What kind of alpha would I be if I didn't know what my subordinates were up to?” He asked with raised brow. He didn't have a problem with rank challenges, it was a natural order of things in a pack. “Why so soon?” He asked understanding her meaning. From what he understood of Birtie she was no stranger to them so he wasn't surprised when he found out she'd challenged Bastet. It was the timing that surprised him.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her head gave a gentle nod. She supposed it was his business to know the going on of the Subordinates - rank challenges and all. The large female hadn't been expecting his question though. One brow raised sharply before it settled down again. If I know what I want why should I wait? No offense to any of you but I don't care too much for formalities. She wasn't going to sit around and wait just because it maybe be respectful. She was wild at her very core and wild things rarely had patience.

Birtie was still toying with the idea of giving another go at it. She hadn't succeeded the first time and now she had a rough idea of what to expect. The large female would be more prepared the next time.

Would you be mad if I tried again? Not that she cared too much but despite all her dominate ways, at the end of the day this wasn't her pack.

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2018, 01:46 AM by Birtie.)