(See All?) Announcements
703 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Vili, Vanadis, Bing

Mysteries of the Deep — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin
AW, RE:Elyan, you wander across a frozen lake and notice there is something stuck half in, half out of it.

The Agouti Myrddin had remained amongst the white firs that he used to call home for a time after discovering the pack was gone. Instead if staying in the den that the pack had shared he'd sought out the den he'd been born in. There he made a temporary home until he'd decided what to do next. Most days were spent hunting and avoiding the bear that had taken up residence in the notch den.

On one excursion down to the spring for a drink he found the spring to be frozen. That wasn't the only thing that he noticed. Something was sticking up out of the ice. For a long moment he sat on the edge of the spring trying to figure it out. He wasn't able to tell exactly what it was from where he sat as it was half in half out of the ice and covered in a thick frost. So he rose to his paws and stepped slowly onto the ice.

Played by Ghostpaw who has 92 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva
@Elyan

Everything was covered in snow and ice! Aurek had been trying to find source of liquid water, some creek or pond that would not be utterly frozen but alas, he had been unsuccesful. He already knew art of munching snow but it wasn't ideal way to remain hydrated, and thruly, he missed feeling of liquid, running water in his mouth. It was strange how one could miss something so simple as soon as he was denied of it. On normal day he would not even think of water but now...

Hmmmmmmmm....

There was figure ahead of him, seemingly occupied with something. He soon realized that his search had brough him to a spring, but someone had already made it here before him. Was he trying to break the ice? The character seemed young, just like him and perhaps because of it, Aurek felt less fearful. Not even wasting a thought on it, he called "Hey!" -Barking to get the stranger's attention, the pale white boy standing some distance away, awaiting for response.

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

It was a curious thing sticking out of the spring. Elyan had managed to get out into the ice without falling through. He supposed that since the spring wasn't too deep it would make sense that it was frozen with a thicker sheet of ice. When he reached the place where the thing was sticking out he saw what had happened.

It looked like whatever it was, he was still having trouble figuring that part out, had fallen through when the ice wasn't so thick. The ice didn't seem disturbed like it had recently happened. Instead it looked like it had refrozen around the creature, he could tell that much. His thoughts about what he'd found were interrupted by a bark and a greeting him. He turned his mismatched gaze on the pale stranger. “Hello,” he called back, “What are you doing around here?” He asked since he thought all the wolves had left the area.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

The other youngster did not seem hostile. Aurek dared to move closer, his tail waving behind him diplomatically as he tried to ease any possible tension. He was certainly friendly fellow and if the other one was too, they would get along just fine. He came to the edge of the spring and then put his paw on the icy surface, looking down and then up again at the other's twin colored eyes. "Why, I am trying to find water, but its all there. What are you doing here?" -he questioned in turn.

The ice seemed to be thick enough to support the other's weight. The pale boy noticed there was something poking up from the ice and he nodded at the strange object. "Is that a stick or foot?" -he noted, describing first two objects that it might have resembled.

@Elyan
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

Elyan wasn't worried about the other pup and if he was hostile, he knew this forest better. It didn't seem that would he a problem since the stranger seemed friendly enough. So much so that he'd come to the spring and answered his question, “You just have to know how to get the water,” he told, “This used to he my home. I came looking for my parents but found the territory empty and unmarked,” he explained. It had been quite the disappointment and now he had to figure out whether to do next.

Elyan had turned back to the creature stuck in the ice, he wanted it out as it was a meal. He just hadn't quite figured it out without ending up in the same predicament. He looked to the other pup as he spoke, “I'm almost certain it's a foot and there is more below the ice.” Perhaps this boy could be of some use to him.

Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva
Warning: post includes horrible pun.

"Thats a bummer. You don't know what happen to them or where they might be?" -Aurek replied, finding it curious a whole pack could disappear like that. If the other pup had once lived here, then he supposedly knew the area pretty well. Perhaps he could offer Aurek some directions. The pale boy was quite honestly bit lost.

It seemed the two got along fine enough. Aurek felt quite relaxed despite the other was complete stranger, perhaps the fact that they were near same age and both supposedly alone adding to this feeling. His eyes turned again from the other boy down to the object sticking from the ice. "How you plan to get it from there?"

Aurek dared to step to the ice himself. It seemed to Be strong enough to support both of their weight. He offered radical solution to the dilemma. "Maybe If I take you from scruff and use your head as a hammer we might get through?" - he offered, that boyish grin on his face making it obvious he was jesting to break some ice between them.

@Elyan
(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2018, 11:40 AM by Aurek.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

“Tell me about it,” Elyan said before shaking his head, “I went to look for my sister and after talking to my friend I came back and they were gone.” Elyan had no idea where they could have gone so it seemed his family was lost to him. He was beginning to think that maybe it was time he moved on and not let it consume him any longer.

The other boy seemed friendly enough so the Myrddin didn't mind his company and beside he might need help getting whatever was in the ice out. His mismatched gaze fell on his visitor as he was asked how he was to get it out. “I hadn't got that far,” he admitted, “But I'm sure we are going to have to break the ice.” He just hoped that the ice was thick enough to take the breaking and hold his weight.

He'd turned back to assess the situation and figure out the best place to start when the other boy spoke. His head quickly snapped in the others direction followed by an eye roll. “Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a nice size rock or sturdy stick.” They would need to be cautious especially now that he'd been joined on the ice.

Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek stared at the frozen object sticking from the ice with a slightest wag behind him, finding this mystery quite interesting. His proposal to use Elyan's head to break the ice did not seem to catch much wind, and he had to agree rocks sounded like more solid option. "Rock was like my second option... " -He smiled, while looking around. If there were rocks here, they were definately under snow, so some searching had to be conducted.

Aurek proposed further, this time with more serious intent. "One could lay by the edge and be ready to pull other back in case the whole ice breaks. Im sure we can trust one another that much, can we?" -he asked, only now realizing that he had not even introduced himself yet. The pale boy briefly introduced himself while turning to search for rocks. "By the way, Im Aurek. Nice to meet you."

@Elyan
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

Elyan was soon joined by the newcomer and as he join a glance toward the other pup told him he too was looking at the stuck creature. The suggestion was easy to see as a joke and one that hadn't amused the Myrddin. What the youth said next did bring a slight smile to the Gray boys face. “We're on the same page then.” As far as thinking a rock might do the trick. They just needed to find the right one.

His mismatched gaze fell in his companion again as he proposed a plan, “I think we can trust each other that much and it's not a bad idea. Now all we need is the rock.” Elyan began looking around the snow covered banks of the spring. He remembered there being rocks around the edge from when he'd visited with his father. His attention was brought back to his companion as he introduced himself. “Elyan, nice to meet you too.”