538 Users Online
Google, Bing

Out with the old — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Rory Thanne

It felt like her cheeks would fall off from smiling so much, but Oksana had definitely won over Rory's attention and every mention of the pack she gave made her tail sway with emotion, her eyes bright with happiness. She had so much to thank Lachesis for, his persistence coupled with the niceness he'd given her had finally convinced her to make the pack her home and she couldn't be happier to have made the choice, even if her nerves had often times gotten the best of her. When Oksana showed her leg Rory couldn't help but wince, the story sounding nearly as painful as she was sure the pain had been and she felt a soft whine of sympathy leave her mouth, sad that the young girl had to experience it. "That sounds super painful, I'm glad nothing else happened." she said, giving the girl a once over, a habit she was beginning to develop since joining a pack; a family. She commented on Lachesis and his potential worry for her leaving the pack, perhaps for fear of her falling off of a ledge again and she nodded her head, understanding the concern he could have with her injuring herself or worse, leaving and not coming back. It wasn't uncommon after all, she'd met plenty of adults in search of their lost pups. "I can see that being an issue. It's probably best that you do keep to the border, I'd feel horrible knowing you got hurt again," she nudged Oksana with affection, learning about her incident made her afraid that she would harm herself again. "I'm happy I'm here too, especially since I met you. So, I think I'm pretty decent at tag, wanna play?" she asked, bowing playfully with a growl and tail lashing quickly behind her.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2018, 04:37 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She relayed what had happened to her leg to Rory and as scary as the whole ordeal had been for her she was determined to get past it. She wouldn't let her leg or any of the feelings that came with it hold her back. She wasn't her mother and she never would be. It did hurt quite a lot, still does sometimes but I'm doing okay. That was the truth. She offered the woman a smile, Me too! She exclaimed knowing what the woman meant. I still have too much to do. Once her leg was healed up she would get back to it but for now she would take it as easy as she could. Oksana wasn't sure if Lachesis would let her venture out, she needed to speak with him and Lilya anyway regarding the announcement at the meeting. She hoped that the pale alpha would allow her too. She didn't see why he wouldn't when this was the first time she'd ever gotten hurt. I think I might for a little while and maybe practice to be a guardian. I do appreciate the concern though, she said returning the nudge with a lick to the woman's chin. That wasn't the only thing that Oksana wanted to be good at though, she had lots of plans. How could she not after laying around since her accident with nothing to do but think. She smiled and her tail thumped at Rory's words, I'm glad to have met you too. She nodded when asked if she wanted to play tag, Yes, I think I can manage, she was getting pretty good at getting around on three legs. As Rory rose to her feet and moved into a play bow Oksana was up and hopping toward her to tag her.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Aurora Thanne

She listened without uttering a word, nodding only her head when Oksana made mention of how bad her injury was and that although it was painful she was doing much better. It made her smile knowing that the incident hadn't killed her spirit, it was always so uplifting to know that others had overcome an obstacle without allowing it to hinder them and Oksana, being so young, was beaming from overcoming her injury. The young often did have more guts than the older wolves, probably because they knew very little about true fear--it was a beautiful advantage. She found herself beaming when the young girl made mention of pursuing a guardian position and for a moment she wondered how the position would suit Oksana, she seemed so caring and sweet but perhaps that was only with wolves she liked. "I'm sure you'd make a great guardian." she said, happy that the girl would take up the busy task. Rory had never liked putting herself deliberately in way of harm, since guardians was usually the first to intercept trouble, she knew that Oksana would need to be tough and prepared for anything if she wanted to be successful. She figured that the young girl already knew that though. She had forgotten just how handicapped Oksana was, and figured that her determination kept her too stubborn to accept that perhaps she wasn't quite ready for such a vigorous game like tag but she wouldn't pester the young girl, at least not yet. "I hope you can keep up." she mentioned after darting away from her, tongue falling out of her mouth. Despite how much she liked the dark pup, she wouldn't allow her to win by default. She took her games very serious and bounded off with a woof in the opposite direction of her opponent to avoid being tagged.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 07:06 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

What had happened in the mountain wasn't ever far from Oksana's mind. Her hurt leg was just a reminder of the decision that she'd made while up in that mountain waiting to be helped. She had to move on with her life, she loved her parents but she felt her mother had made it clear she wasn't coming back. She could only assume the same for her father since he'd promised to fine and visit and hadn't. She had to make her own life and she would as soon as her leg was better. Part of that she felt was gaining a role within the pack and for the time being she had her sights set on Guardian. I hope so, I want to be very good at it. I know it's going to be a lot of work but I know I'm up to it. She couldn't say think because that would leave her open to failure and she refused to fail. She was strong she knew that, she had to he to have endured all that she had and not ended up curled in a den like her mother. Even with a broken leg she still looked toward each new day with goals and hopes. She was going to be better and stronger than both her parents.

When a game of tag was offered Oksana couldn't pass it up even if she had a hurt leg. She'd gotten much better at getting around without it and she was confident she could play for a little while at least. She let out a bark at Rory’s words, I can keep up, she assured laughing as she ran after the woman. She would tag her Oksana was determined.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Care to fade? 

I've been living life all wrong,

Her tail wagged slowly behind her in excitement, listening as Oksana assured her that she would be a great guardian (to which she agreed) and easily she tipped her head with a nod. She couldn't help her tail moving faster behind her when the young girl made to mimic her and without warning Rory was off, bounding in the opposite direction before Oksana could finish her sentence. If she could keep up then there was little worry from the pale woman and without a second thought she sped up in an effort to keep from being caught. She would not be tagged so easily, nope not at least before a few laps were run and she could feel the air burn in her chest--maybe then she would let up. The wind in her air kept her motivated, no sound to distant her and no visual to remind her to keep a steady pace, instead she ran until her hearts content and without warning she felt a fit of giggles flow from her mouth from enjoyment. Now this was the life.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
You can Fade with your next post or I can add a fade, just let me know.

Oksana would remain confident in her abilities and she would accomplish her goals. She had to because letting herself give in to all the things that had happened wasn't an option. She was getting older and she was ready to not be a pup anymore. Her puppyhood had not been the best and she was just ready for it to be over.

While she knew that playing a game if tag with Rory wasn't the best idea she couldn't help herself after being cooped up for weeks. She'd been doing what she was supposed to, resting as much as she could. She kept her weight off her leg whenever she made the short distances to new resting places. She was trying to do everything right but she needed to do something to release some of her energy. Whether or not she could actually keep up i didn't matter. It was more about doing something other than later around. So when Rory took off Oksana hopped as quick as she could after her. She smiled at the happy sounds coming from the woman. For the time being she lagged behind only able to go so fast in three legs and that was okay. One day she and Rory could play a real game of tag.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Her paws ate up the ground greedily, allowing her slender body to flow like water across the chilly land. She would look behind her occasionally to see if her companion was still behind her and increase her speed in short bursts whenever she thought that Oksana was catching up. In this moment she wasn't concerned over the young woman's leg, she also wasn't bothered that she had much more pressing issues to tend to, all that mattered to her in the moment was keeping her distance from the dark youth. She would successfully do so for a while before guilt would take over and she'd slow up just enough for Oksana to catch her, and then she'd chase her with ease as the game continued on for hours.

--fade--