643 Users Online
Google, Bing

twenty years for nothing, well that's nothing new — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 42 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wendigo
M for violence

Revon continuosly surprised the yearling, here she was back in her home and she was defending him against her clearly furious father. As she spoke up, declaring his words true Wendigo side stepped again, inching farther and farther away from the child as if that could make everything better. The stone was slick and freezing beneath his paws, ice lining patches of the mountains since the weather had created a flash freeze a couple of days ago. A fact that he didn’t register right now, a fact that might be the end of him

It was odd with how much stress he was feeling but all he could think was, wow, he talks weird. It was irrelevant but it was still stuck dead in his brain as if he was just meeting a stranger for the first time instead of seriously fearing for his life. Orange eyes widened and he stepped to the side again, ”Oh no no no, I meant I told Revon I would take her back not your sister.” It didn’t matter, nothing he could say would matter.

Greer lunged and Wendigo stood still and let it happen, he knew this was what he deserved and even more. The teeth scraped along his muzzle stung but it was the shove that would be the end. Suddenly he was hyper aware of the ice under his paws, it wasn’t that hard of a push but it was enough to start a momentum that the burly wolf couldn’t stop. Claws scraped along ice, unable to get any purchase and then his paws were met with empty air.

For a second everything was spinning in a way that Wendigo was never meant to see the world. Then he hit the stone on a shelf below. Everything was black.

I have adoptables! pm Ghost for details.
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
giving myself permission to post Greer before Revon -- archiving with Revon's post <3

He hadn’t meant to shove that hard. He was trying to teach the yearling a lesson—show him that he had pissed off the wrong wolves. He had barely heard the youth’s words as he rushed forward. The Archer king did not care. He had just wanted the stranger off his mountain before he changed his mind on killing him. He knew Kyna would have ripped the yearling’s throat out without question.

But it appeared the mountain had other plans.

As he connected with the yearling’s jaws Greer could feel his own paws slip beneath him. He let go of the loner as soon as he started slipping out from beneath him, his own mercury pools widening in fear. He fell to the ground, hard on his rump, as he attempted to steady himself. Unfortunately Wendigo hadn’t been so lucky. The shadow lurched forward in an attempt to grab the boy’s scruff but narrowly missed it by a few inches. His forepaws hung over the edge of the cliff, his jaws falling open in a silent scream as he watched the yearling’s body collide with the rocks below. His heart thumped erratically behind his ribcage, threatening to escape, as he turned to his daughter. He hadn’t meant for that to happen—would she understand that? A low whine escaped him as he flicked his maw in dismissal as he registered the fear on her scarlet features. I know, she uttered before darting down the path that led to Wendigo’s broken body. The shadow shuffled back, gasping heavily. He knew Revon would be okay—she was an expert at the mountain terrain. He’d remain close, just in case, before disappearing to seek out his mate.

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by Arla who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

It happened so quickly. She wished things had moved in slow motion; she might have been able to do something if that was the case. But it wasn’t like that. Before she knew it, before she could say anything to defend the dark yearling further, she saw a flash of ebony rush forward. She took a step forward, her jaws separating as she tried to think of something to say, but nothing came. She watched as her father’s teeth met Wendigo’s muzzle, and then watched as both their legs slipped from beneath them. Panic surged through her, rooting her to the spot. There was nothing she could do—not unless she wanted to join them. Fortunately, her father had been able to steady himself (despite falling to the ground). Unfortunately, Wendigo hadn’t. It was the shove that had sent him forward, over the edge of the mountain. Greer had made an attempt at catching the boy’s scruff but it was too late. The yearling had met his fate. He disappeared from sight just as the older Archer turned to his daughter, his eyes wide with fear. She knew from his expression—one she’d never seen him wear before—that he hadn’t meant to do that. I know, she whispered once her father dismissed her with a quick flick of his nose, the shock still registering on his dark features. The firefox did not hesitate as she descended down the side of mountain, choosing the path etched into the stone rather than taking the same route as Wendigo… 

FADE
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 04:31 PM by Draven. Edit Reason: fade added )