(See All?) Announcements
436 Users Online
Google, Neo, Isla, Sophrosnia, Bing

High Risk Behavior — Murkwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Her heat had come yet again and Cheedo was none too thrilled about it. This year however was different for the small agouti woman, she didn't dread the what could happen. The previous year she had been utterly terrified that something would happen and she would end up having puppies and they would be stillborn like her first litter and there would be pain and grieving and she didn't know if she could go through that again.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing for her to have traveled away from the tarn in her condition. Despite the turmoil in her mind she had responsibilities that she had to keep up with. The start of her hear also signified the return of spring and the return of prey, she thought a good chase might help give her some relief.

That was if she could actually get started on a chase. In that moment she'd had to stop again as the itching under her skin had become unbearable and she'd going the rough bark of a tree to be most helpful in her predicament.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
all you sinners stand up sing hallelujah
Odin Archer

Odin had told Piety he might take her up on her offer and now that he had been to the Lagoon there was no reason for him not to join her and her merry band. But that didn't explain why he was lurking amongst these claustrophobic trees, heavy steps echoing with the crunching and cracking of fallen branches underfoot. There was someone else here, and again, there was something similar in the scent... This close to where Piety had claimed her home he shouldn't have been surprised.

He began to take more care with where he placed his paws, a chuff of greeting sent through the trees when his eye finally fell on her. "Cheedo, it's been a while." He held his distance, wanting to spare himself a bite on the arse if she wasn't up for company. He was stupid, but he wasn't foolish.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The tree was doing what she had hoped it would. It did bring a question of why they couldn't have had them on the Tundra when she'd needed them last year. She hoped that the itch and burning would stay away long enough for her to catch something to eat. The small agouti woman shook out her coat sending fur into the air around her before she stepped away from the tree.

A chuff brought her attention to the approach of another followed by the recognition of his scent and when she saw him her tail wagged. “Odin,” she greeted him happily as she went to brush her muzzle against his in greeting, “How have you been? Well I hope.” She was happy to see the young Archer after they had left him and his female friend at the Monadnock. Though she hadn't had the chance to get to know the dark boy she had missed his presence.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

She didn't hesitate in closing the distance between them and he allowed his tail to wave in greeting despite the warmth that was already starting to gather in the pit of his stomach with her touchy greeting. He opened his jaws to rake his teeth affectionately across the top of her skull in a way he hoped might ease some of the itch she was suffering from. "Yeah, joined a pack, got myself booted," He managed a wry grin and a chuckle, "But I ran inter Piety a few days back an' she offered me a place so I'm makin' my way back up there... slowly." There was a more roguish edge to his smile as he bowed down to stretch before shaking his own coat out in the hopes it might displace some of the scent that clung to the other woman's fur and filled the air around them.

It didn't work. If anything it made it worse, but he held his grin and clenched his teeth for a moment. "How about you?" He tried to carry the conversation. She didn't need him making this weird.

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Running into Odin was the last thing that Cheedo thought she would he doing. She'd thought she'd seen the last of him at the Monadnock and now she felt like the old pack was coming back together. It warmed her heart to have so many of her former packmates together. She greeted him easily but was not expecting the electricity that ran across her skin as he raked his teeth across her crown. She found it hard to listen as he spoke but forced herself to focus on his words. “Well then obviously they don't Know what they've lost,” she commented about him getting booted. He then spoke of meeting with Piety, “You'll be coming to join us then?” She asked her head tilting to the side some. Then he shook out his coat filling the air with his scent, her nostrils flared and her tail rose above her back. This was the first time she was allowing herself to indulge in the way the scents and touches made her feel and she found that she rather liked it.

The gritting of his teeth was lost in her as she was too caught up in the thoughts that ran through her mind before he spoke again. “I've been with Piety making sure she and Cyril are okay and taken care of. I'm sure she's told you of our plan?” She asked wondering what was wrong with her for letting Odin affect her so.

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2018, 05:01 AM by Cheedo.)
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

When she said that they didn't know what they'd lost he managed a chuckle. "Ah, pretty much whole pack was family anyway, not much fun ter be had wi' tha'. I figure you lot are already used ter my antics anyway so it won't be such a shock." His smirk was a friendly one as he reminisced about stirring up the neighbours and dropping things on sleeping wolves and listening to their screams and enduring their rebukes. It was never quite enough to make him stop though. Not that he imagined Piety would be up for him raising hell with the neighbours but at least he could maybe try to lighten the mood a little.

As for Piety's plan, his grin turned a little softer, a little more secretive, "She was a bit vague on th' details but I'm sure yer could fill me in?" He offered with a bump to her flank that didn't quite disconnect when he was done. It was easy being around Cheedo, she was practically family at this point anyway.

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

She smiled at his chuckle and then it was her turn to laugh as he spoke of his antics. “Your always welcome with us Odin. We need you more than they do.” at least that was the ways she felt. She wasn't sure of the others, there was a lot she was unsure of with them just then. “It will be good to have you back at your antics again and maybe it will help the others.” There had already been a lot of improvement but that didn't mean there couldn't be more. She felt that it would really start to feel a little more like home minus Lorcan of course. Wraith wouldn't be there which brought a tightness to her chest as she thought about it but she felt he would be happy to see them back together.

Cheedo nodded but wondered what he'd been told, clearly not as much as Lorcan as he seemed to want to stick his nose in everywhere. Once again she found it hard to concentrate as his continued contact with her flank and closeness drew her attention there instead of where it should have been. “What has she told told you? I don't want to bore you with what you've already heard,” she said as leaned into him just a bit.

Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

If he was truthful he wasn't certain what had held him to the Monadnock after the rest of them left. He supposed it was the same thing that sent him back there once his mother was safely delivered to Torbine. He was born on that rock, it was always meant to be the place he could come home to but after the others left it sunk in that it wasn't really the place, but the wolves that lived there that made it so appealing.

He managed a short laugh when Cheedo asked what Piety had told him, "That I'll be welcome as long as she's 'ere an' if anyone says otherwise she'll bite 'em for me." As his head turned to offer Cheedo another signature lopsided smile his nose connected with the underside of her chin sending another spark racing down his spine. He knew he should really step away, but his paws seemed rooted to the spot and he swallowed heavily before averting his gaze. Yeah he was making this awkward, wasn't he?

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Maybe she was a wolf who liked things to never change, it made her feel comfortable and safe. It had always been that way and even with all the changes that had taken place in her life through the past year she should be used to it. Having the pack back together gave her that safe and comfortable feeling. Having Odin with them would make it safer in the Tarn and maybe his presence could even help Cyril.

Cheedo was a little surprised by how little Piety had told him as she thought Odin would have been told more. “We found a place to settle,” she told him trying to keep her mind in her words and not the feel of his body against hers. “She wants to start over with Lorcan leading with her.” His closeness was driving her crazy, she wanted nothing more than to give into her instincts but she knew that she shouldn't. But then his nose came in contact with the underside of her chin sending shivers down her spine. She turned and pressed her nose into the fur of his neck taking in his musky scent. “What are we doing?” she whispered.