(See All?) Announcements
554 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nia, Viorel, Baidu

Come what may — Skyfall Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Backdated to 2/25. Takes place Immediately following this thread.

Her emotions were swirling after what happened with Ody but she had made her decision. Cheedo hated having to choose between Piety and Ody but she knew the pale woman had been right deep down. That everyone had left her on the Tundra to her own devices and that was when she had pledged herself to the pale woman. She hadn't left her even when everyone else had and she had grown close to Piety. She knew she couldn't leave her now.

That however didn't mean she wasn't hurt by the way Ody had been treated but it put something else in her mind. If Lorcan and Piety disliked the Craw's daughter for just that reason could they really care about her? She had been his wife and from Lorcans own mouth he believed she had been the reason that the spider had left. Did they blame her still? Did they hate her like they did Ody?

Piety had wanted to talk after she'd made her decision so once Ody had left Cheedo had gone in search of her former leader. She didn't know what was to be said but she worried about it and maybe those worries were unfounded but it was clear that Lorcan had talked with the pale woman and Cheedo still didn't trust the man not to try and get rid of her due to her ties to Craw and his hatred for him. She soon found who she was looking for and approached cautiously with her tail tucked and head low. “Piety, you said that you wanted to talk with me?”

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

are you really as free as all

the great songs would have me believe?

She had left the scene and let the others do as they pleased with Odysseia. If Lorcan wished to chase her away then so be it. No skin off Piety's back.

So she lounged on the forest floor, without a care left in her. She likely would have dozed off if it wasn't for the familiar voice of Cheedo. It pained her to see the girl hold herself so low but she said nothing about it. "Come, lay with me." She beckoned with ease almost flowing over the question Cheedo had asked.

"I need you to understand that what I did was with the best interest of everyone in mind. Even Odysseia." It was obvious the woman wouldn't haven't lasted long. Especially with the tension between the spider female and Lorcan. Piety would not allow such aggression to flourish in her group.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo had always respected Piety and wanted to believe the woman hadn't done what she had to hurt her even if that was what she was feeling. She didn't want things to become bad for her with Piety and Cyril but she had her fears. She hoped speaking with the pale woman would help answer some of her questions.

When she was asked to lay with Piety the Agouti woman went to her and laid down, her side touching her former leaders. “I don't understand or maybe I do I'm not really sure,” she said shaking her head. “I guess I just wanted her with me again and I had hoped that maybe I could have that.” She wasn't even really sure what it was that she was trying to convey.

She took a deep breath and looked into Piety's eyes, “I feel like a lot has changed for me in the time I've been with you and Cyril,” she admitted but became thoughtful before she asked. “Do you hate Ody?”

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

are you really as free as all

the great songs would have me believe?

Piety leaned her head forward some to gently groom the crown of the small woman, protectively and affectionately, while she talked. Everything said was rather understandable. It had been obvious Cheedo had wanted Odysseia around otherwise the whole thing would never have happened. Piety ceased her grooming at the small wolf's question. "Hate is a strong word but obviously, I'm not fond of her. Neither is Lorcan." She answered calmly.

"Do you think it would be wise of a leader to let a wolf hang around if neither leader enjoyed their presence? How do I know it wouldn't stir another incident like Mittani?" A pale brow raised softly. She hoped that Cheedo would get her point and not take it as anything personal. "I have to protect all of us, not just one of us." It would be chaos if she conformed to the wishes of each individual wolf.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo tried to out what she was feeling into words so that Piety would understand and so that maybe she could work through what she was feeling. She closed her eyes as the pale woman groomed her crown, it had been a long time since she'd let anyone as close as Piety was right then. Her eyes opened when the grooming stopped and Piety spoke of her and Lorcans dislike of Ody. “Is your dislike of her because she is Craw's daughter? Lorcan disliked or dislikes me because I was his wife. I'm not really sure Piety how he feels about me even though I tried to explain things to him. Does it bother you that I was his wife?” These were things that they'd never talked about and things she had never really thought to question but maybe now was the time. Get everything out before they started a new life.

Piety went on to explain her reasoning for why she'd made the decision that she had for sending Ody away. Cheedo listened, thinking about her words as she said them. Her head turned to look at Piety as she uttered Mittani's name before she looked away. “No it wouldn't be wise to let them stay especially if they had a problem with one or both of the leaders too.” Ody had made it rather clear how she felt about Lorcan. “Mittani, I turned my back on him and now I've done the same to Ody. I understand what you mean though. He caused a lot of problems and you don't know Ody well enough to know if she wouldn't do the same.” The truth was that Cheedo didn't believe Ody would cause problems for them but so much time had passed she didn't know if her belief was the truth. “I know like you’ve always done,” she said licking Piety's chin affectionately, “I worry Piety, I want the best for us too. You know that right?”

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

"While her relations with Craw aren't ideal, that's not the reason why I dislike her. What bothered me was her claiming you as her family but she deserted you to follow after the other northerners and Craw. Did she even tell you she was going away? Did she even offer to take you with?" Piety had learned in her years that it wasn't okay to leave on whims. She once had come and gone as fast as a tornado. Nowadays she was more tamed.

"I know Lorcán is willing to try and accept you - see you - for who you are now. I made it clear to him that your loyalty had been with Whitestone until its final moments." She explained as she placed a delicate nip on the female's crown to reassure her of the situation. Piety would have to check in with @Lorcan to make sure things were going smoothly. The Santoro dove thought that any rough spots had been patched up between all the group members. Perhaps she had been wrong.

"And it doesn't bother me, not anymore. I was skeptical of all the northerners when they arrived but you proved yourself out of all of them. Even Craw. He didn't deserve a wolf like you as his wife." Or Morganna for that matter but that was a different thing altogether.

Her head settled over Cheedo's shoulders as the small female made things clear she wanted the best too. Piety couldn't argue with that. She knew the small wolf had meant well through everything. "Of course I know that." Her tail gave a few slow tumps against the earth.

The dove let a few moments of silence pass between them, an air of comfort falling over her.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo looked at her paws stretched in front of her while Piety explained why she disliked Ody. She thought about what the pale woman said before shaking her head when the questions came. “No she didn't tell me and she didn't offer to take me with her,” she admitted, “She was just gone along with the rest of them.” Cheedo looked up to the pale woman, “You dislike her for what she did to me?” Cheedo asked wanting to make sure she understood what she was being told.

Her brow furrowed as They spoke of Lorcan, “It's just the way he was with Ody it worries me. When we spoke I told him of my past but He was only interested in what I would do if Mittani returned.” She could understand the concern but she felt as though he didn't much care about the rest of it and his mind about her hadn't been changed. If it had he shouldn't have needed to ask what she would do if Mittani returned.

Cheedo let out a breath as Piety answered her question and heard that her being Craw's wife didn't bother her. She felt the heat rise in her cheeks as she was complimented, “Thank you Piety that means a lot. You and Wraith showed me a better life and I'm glad that I made the decision to stay with you. There was a time that I wasn't proud of the wolf that I was but I did what I had to to survive. Joining Whitestone was the best thing that has ever happened to me.” She'd never told the pale woman that and though that she should.

She thought that she should also let her know that she only wanted the best for all of them. As Piety answered she rested her head across Cheedo's tawny shoulders. For the first time in a long time she was comfortable with the touch. “I'm glad,” she said quietly her tail sweeping across the ground. Cheedo felt comfortable in the silence that fell between them.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2018, 11:24 PM by Cheedo.)