(See All?) Announcements
430 Users Online
Google, Armand, Hazelnut, Vili, Finley

Spare a moment or two — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
backdated to 3/9. Two days after the bear thread.

Emrys had tried staying close to Jynx after her return from the mission she'd been sent on. With breeding season in full swing he didn't want anyone getting ideas about his wife but there were many times he had to wonder if she was his wife anymore. He'd been giving her any space that she felt she needed but there came a time when they needed to talk. That time was now whether she was in the mood for it or not. The decision to not have pups had been made for then even though they'd already made it but he was tired of this distance between them and he was tired of feeling like he was losing the woman that he loved.

So he stopped trailing her silently through the surge and caught up to her but staying careful to not get too close. He was determined but not stupid and he rather liked his face attached. “@Jynx, love, we should talk.” He said as he came up in her right side. He only hoped this went well, if it didn't he wasn't sure what he would do.

Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

With both her trip to Oak Tree Bend and the confrontation involving the black bear behind her, Jynx could at last focus on other things. She realized her time away and being preoccupied with her hormonal surge may have made her appear unintentionally distant towards her pack mates. But Lachesis and Lilya were firm in their rules that their would be no breeding among anyone else. She would honor their wishes and did her best to put distance between herself and the males. She would simply have to bite her tongue and wait this out, until the burning itch under her skin subsided.

Emrys was not so easily avoided as the others. He was her mate, closely keyed in to her movements and shifts in mood. She knew he would be trailing her heavy scent, no doubt drawn in despite their resolution not to breed. This season she had been hard on him...perhaps unfairly so. But it was only her way of releasing pent up frustration and grief. At the end of the day, she never meant any of it. With all they'd been through and with their relationship still on the edge, she would have to be mindful that her emotions....and tongue, didn't get the better of her. As he approached, lining up with her right side, she didn't trot off. Didn't turn her face to bear her teeth towards him so he'd buzz off. Instead she drew in a slow, deep sigh, exercising patience. "I know." She murmured quietly, eyes downcast. "I've put it off long enough..." She said, referencing herself instead of both of them. As if were possibly wholly her fault.

(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2018, 01:33 AM by Jynx.)
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

His mates scent was strong in his nostrils as he approached her and for it's credit hard to ignore but he knew that it had to he done. They were not in a position to have pups that year and if he were honest with himself after losing both their children he wasn't sure he wanted to have another litter. They had been through so much that he didn't think it would be fair, neither he nor Jynx was in the right place for it. He wanted to greet her in his usual way but he knew that would be a mistake. It would only cause her more discomfort that he wouldn't be able to help her with. So he opted just to stay at her flank for the time being.

Once he got her attention he waited to see what he would be met with and it wasn't as he expected. Instead she already knew they needed to talk and she said that she'd been putting it off. “Maybe I have too. I've been trying to give you your space so you can recuperate but I think that has gone on long enough. I want to be there for you Jynx and I miss you but I worry about us.” He looked down at his paws for a moment and took a deep breath to prepare for what he was about to ask her. He didn't know if he wanted to hear the answer because he feared it would be something that he had been dreading for weeks which was another reason he hadn't said anything. “What are you thinking about us, staying here in Driftwood, the children?” He needed to know what her thoughts were. “I love you Jynx but I feel like I'm losing you.”

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Slowly she lowered her haunches to the earth, where she could sit comfortably. Her dark tipped tail she curled in and tucked close to her body, a subconscious gesture on her part to try and disguise the scent of her heat. Perhaps later if the itch continued to be this bad she would chance a dip in the river. The icy touch of the water should provide some welcome relief but it would do nothing to change her hormone laced scent. As Emrys spoke up she turned her head to look at him, eyes soft but contemplating.

"I appreciate that Emrys...thank you." He surely had to be feeling the effects of the season as well. And to resist temptation despite their resolve, maybe a little space wedged between them temporarily could do them good. He went on to ask her opinion about whether she would stay in Driftwood. As well as their children. "I made up my mind when I came back from visiting Oak Tree Bend." She looked him in his blue eyes. "I'm staying." Her lips tightened, ears drawing back a few inches while past memories were recalled. "I'm...just sick of moving from place to place. Never feeling like I am truly settled." First it had been Cut Rock River, then Hearth Wood (by accident) then Grizzly Hollow, Roundstone and the Notch. Now here. It was enough that her early life had started out with wandering paws, packless...without parents. In the prime of her life, she had every reason to want for a truly permanent home. "I didn't find any signs of the children while I was away. But I did spread the word to Oak Tree Bend...just to keep a look out if they are able." His expression of fear that he was losing her was met with a shake of her head and a sigh. "No no that's not it." She angled her head and stared him down. "We are just going through some...challenges, that's all. You know just as well as I do that this year has been very hard on us." Even with how convincing the words sounded to herself, Jynx still hesitated. She wasn't jumping the gun, but rather proceeding with a cautious 'wait and see' attitude going forward.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

As she moved into a sitting position he fell back on his haunches giving her his full attention. This to him was an important conversation and while he felt the timing was bad he couldn't keep guessing. He was tired if wondering where they stood with each other especially with how strained things had been between them. They had come to recover physically but he also felt their relationship needed some recovery too.

He nodded as she thanked him for the space he'd given her, ”Your welcome Jynx. You know I'll always look out for you.” He was sure she didn't need the reminder but he felt better saying it. The first thing that was in his mind was what she was planning to do. They were both now fully recovered from their time on their own. Spring would be upon the lore soon, so the question was would they remain with the surge or go in search of their children. “I was thinking we should stay too. After having lived among a pack I want to be settled as well. I will stay with you.” She spoke of spreading the word to the Oak Tree Bend wolves while she'd been there, “That's good, maybe in time that will bring some good news,” he said with hope in his tone. The more wolves that knew about their children the better, “I don't think they are gone forever.” He believed they would see their children again one day. She was quick to reassure him that he wasn't losing her. He nodded as she spoke of the challenges they had gone through. “We have been through a lot this year and we have stayed together through it all where others may not have. We are stronger together at least that is what I believe.” He wasn't sure what she believed about them. He could only hope that Driftwood Surge would be a new beginning for them now that they had decided to stay.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

"It's settled." She affirmed with a confident nod. "We are staying here, unless fate decides otherwise." Rising, she stepped towards him, bumping her side against his affectionately. "Our children...I like to think that they are out there somewhere. Thriving, I hope." She tried to stay optimistic, but as for any parent, it was in her nature to worry. Yellow eyes met blue, ever vibrant. "I think once we are more settled in we will have more opportunities to pick up our search on our own."

But as pack wolves who had given their loyalty to Lachesis and Lilya, they could not forget the responsibilities here in Driftwood. As understanding as the pale leader was, they would have to divide their time carefully, especially bearing in mind that come spring, there would be pups to keep an eye on. "I know this year has put a strain on our relationship. But what happened...a lot of it was out of our hands. After what we've been through I think it speaks for itself, the strength between us." A small smile graced her lips. "I hope it continues to grow." Like Emrys, she too hoped Driftwood would signal a fresh new start. She wouldn't dwell on the what ifs. She would take each day as it came, all the while being there by her mates side for support.

(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2018, 02:19 AM by Jynx.)
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

“Good, I think we are right where we need to be.” He thought they were anyway at least until something changed. She came toward him bumping her side against his and he rubbed his head against her neck returning her affection. It felt like an eternity since they'd been together like they were then. “I like to think that too and maybe staying here will give you a better chance to find out if that is true.” Staying in one place would in some ways make them easier to he found then if they were moving around all of the time. “Since we are staying here it will be a little safer to check the mountain once spring arrives so we can finally do that.” He was starting to feel there wasn't a rush like there had been before. If there children were out there and he certainly hoped they were they would find them one day. It was a belief that he would never let go of.

He knew they couldn't forget that now staying in Driftwood was permanent they would have to earn their keep. They would have to attend to their responsibilities and still find the time to look for their children. While he wasn't sure he was ready to fully return to working for the pack just then he would have to start soon. “It has but we are still together and that counts for something. We are slowly getting back to what we were before everything happened. I have always thought we were strong, you and me are a good team." He smiled and his tail wagged as she spoke of hoping it would continue to grow. He stepped forward and kissed her cheek, “I makes me happy to hear you say that and I think time will be on our side.” He believed that too because there were so many times that they could have gone their separate ways and yet there they were still together.