(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google

this castle is made of sand — Mount Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
RE: A cold snap seizes Relic Lore in its icy grip!

Someone from AH perhaps? Otherwise AW! :D

Bastet Akhenaten

She moved in silence, darkness her veil as careful paw placement allowed her to move with the gracefulness of a cat. She had no destination in mind, her paws had taken the wheel and moved her along in attempt to clear her mind of the constant thought of him. Since their meeting, he'd been on her mind more than usual, she dreamed of him much more frequently and they were beginning to feel so real she swore a time or two that she could feel the warmth of his flesh alongside hers and she would lean further into his embrace with pure content. Often she'd startle herself awake, her breathing deep and quick, and her mind a complete jumble of mess that the only way to clear it was to busy herself with border patrol. She knew better than to trust these dreams, it had been a week or more since their last encounter and Lachesis had yet to venture back toward the mount and she was much too prideful to venture to his pack this soon, not with her emotions in a total down spin but that didn't mean she hadn't thought of him everyday since then.

In an effort to keep her mind from wandering to naive wants and needs she sought out the southern end of the Lore for adventure, taking a path that could lead to one of the neighboring packs on the mountain if she ventured long enough but far enough that she wasn't directly in their land--the happy median was Mount Hollow. She enjoyed the eerie silence, noticing that the temperature had dropped and concluded that it probably had to do with the altitude, walking along she wondered if there were others up at this time of night like her, wandering around like ghosts, and kept a keen eye on any movement in case she ran into someone else.

she's the unpredictable sort
Played by Kai who has 109 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn
Throwing him in here, I hope that's okay?

He lay in the communal den unable to sleep but this time it wasn't due to the nightmares that haunted him nightly. It was the wound that he'd acquired on his shoulder in one of his last fights. The sudden drop in temperature that night had it acting up, the pain that ran through it keeping him awake. He had been trying for hours but sleep never came so he rose and let the den to venture away from the pack and pack lands. He hoped the walking would help to work out some of the pain so that he could get a little sleep that night

As he passed through the heights and into Mount Hollow he noticed the scent of another. A female and he just couldn't help himself. He was drawn to her curious about her and the reason she was in the heights all alone at that time of night. He came upon her dark form easily enough and remained quiet though letting his feet crunch the snow so as to not startle her too badly. “It's not safe for someone such as yourself to be wandering about in the dead of night in this cold,” he said allowing a shiver to run down his back as a way of emphasizing his point. “What's your name?” He asked as he came to stand in front of her.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Of course I never mind a thread with you!

Bastet Akhenaten

And then she heard it, the sound of someone approaching and it stopped so abruptly she couldn't quite tell the exact location but that didn't matter because the wolf no sooner spoke, giving her words of advice to boot. She studied him a moment, the darkness made it hard for her to determine every detail about him but she could tell that they were similar in size and weight, with him being only vaguely larger. She recalled his comment, about her being all alone and it not being safe and for a moment she glanced around her, nervous that perhaps this wolf would have her ambushed or ideas of the sort--her past made her anxious around unfamiliar males--but nothing happened and no one came. She spoke finally, her ears falling backward on her head, "It's probably not so safe out here for you either, but here we are." she said, though the words had less venom in them then it seemed and without realizing it she shivered with the passing of a gust of freezing wind. It definitely was getting colder, "Bastet...you?" she asked, wondering if he had caught the scent of the Cove by now, never considering that she was very much still in heat. 

Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn
Awesome and thank you! I enjoy threads with you as well. :)

The last thing that Pyriel wanted was to put the female on the defense before he'd even had the chance to talk to her. He was sure to make his presence known hit didn't speak right away, not until his dark green gaze landed on her. He laughed as she spoke of it not being so safe for him out there alone either at that time of night. “Yes we are and lucky for you I’m quite skilled in defense.” His nostrils flared as her scent reached his senses. It was clear she was in heat but her perfume wasn't so strong it kept him from noticing the scent of pack upon her coat. He took a few more steps toward her dark for as she spoke her name. “Pyriel, and what bring a lovely creature such as yourself out here this late at night,” he asked the corner of his lips lifting in a smile. He was sure that being surrounded by all the scents of heat were finally getting to him.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Bastet Akhenaten

She couldn't help studying him further, noticing once she had come closer that his eyes were a emerald green; a handsome contrast with his pelt. She didn't quite relax, even when he mentioned that he was great at defense but she could feel the muscles of her mouth pull into some sort of smile in a effort to grow more comfortable around him but she only managed to tense with another strong gust of wind. She was ready for thr warmer weather, as long as it didn't grow too unbearably hot. "You look like quite the fighter," she offered him, knowing that the statement was subjective at best. She took in his name, remembering it for future reference in case they would run into each other another time before answering his question."I needed a walk. It doesn't hurt that I ran into you though." she said, inhaling deeply despite the chill that overcame her and came just a bit closer, eyes finding his beautiful green without issue. " your scent I have never come across it before is your pack nearby?" she would be happy to know that there was not one but two neighboring packs that she would have the opportunity to visit.

(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2018, 04:34 AM by Bastet.)

Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn

He'd come closer to her in an effort to get a better look at her and allow her a better look at him. He took note of the different colors of her eyes. He had not often come across wolves with two different colors especially ones so contrasting. He noticed the small smile that played across her features as he spoke of being good at defense. It was his turn to smoke at her compliment, “I have lots of training to thank for that.” Though at that moment he wasn't sure how well he'd do in a fight with the way his shoulder pained him. “It seems we have the same motive and I can't say I'm disappointed running into you.” she stepped closer allowing him to get another whiff of her scent. Hidden under the strong scent if her heat he could also smell that of her pack. He’d come across the scent before but only in passing. “It's not far from here at all, Aurora Heights. I've come across your scent but have not had the opportunity to learn the name of your pack.” It wouldn't hurt for him to have that information in case he ever needed to travel there.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Bastet Akhenaten

He came closer and she watched him without movement, her eyes traveling over him and stopping on the bright color of his eyes. Though she couldn't quite tell in the darkness, she figured they had to be either a dark brown or dark green and his pelt was pale, perhaps tawny in color but then again the darkness often played tricks on her vision. She noticed him looking her over too and for a moment she felt a tingle of nervousness, as though he were searching her with a specific purpose but she didn't particularly take him as a threat, despite the scent of heat that traveled from her. "That's good to note." she started off, backing from him ever so slightly and mentioning, "it's probably best if you stayed a distance from me, I don't need the confusion." she suspected he knew what she meant, considering her stench had been the primary smell since her arrival and when he complimented her she merely smiled, not wanting to continue on something when there clearly was nothing there. He gave his pack name, some information she could actually use, and she stored it almost immediately and after nodding her head she spoke. " I have never heard of your pack before, or your scent but then again I'm one of the newer members." she said, with all honesty. He asked for her pack name and for some reason she hesitated, wondering if it was a good idea to give him that information but since he had been so transparent with her she assumed it wouldn't hurt to return the gesture. "Fallen Tree Cove. We're just up the mountain, but you probably already know that." she said, and before she forgot to ask, "who leads Aurora Heights?"

Inactive No Rank
Pyriel Albarn

His movements were made without threat to her, he had no intention of doing her any harm. They both seemed to be studying the other and he took notice of the way she almost blended into the night unlike himself. Had there not been snow on the ground his pale coat would have stood stark against the background of the forest. A smile slipped momentarily across his maw at her comment before falling at her next. He frowned as she backed away, “Very well,” he said understanding his meaning. The warrior gave a respectful dip of his head not needing to be told twice. As their conversation went on he sat back in his haunches not seeing a reason they shouldn't be comfortable for it. “From what I understand it's fairly newish maybe a year old. I'm not exactly sure of the length of time since i have only been with them since before winter.” Fallen Tree Cove was the name she gave for her pack, he nodded, “I've been near there. Never knew the name though.” He wouldn't mention he'd been looking for Tinley at the time. “Kyna and Greer. What are the names of your alphas?” He returned. It was starting to feel like they were playing a game.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
She lowered her tail in an attempt to conceal her scent, knowing that it would do very little but at least it would let him know that she was not interested. She had other matters to attend to and giving into her cravings were not one of them, even if she had begun to realize that it had been years since she felt that type of touch from the opposite sex. She had avoided that activity on purpose and preferred it that way. She leaned in as he spoke, taking note of the length of time that he assumed his pack had been open, and for a moment she wondered just how long the Cove had been claimed. She realized that she didn't quite know either but she knew it had to be longer than a year. "The Cove is being lead by Kajika and Moonshadow." she said, neglecting to mention the length purposely. She did not want him to assume that her leaders were juvenile, since if she could recall, Kajika and Moonshadow had not been leading very long. "I'll make sure to mention to them that I spoke with you, perhaps if there is not one already, we can build an alliance." she said, knowing that having friends on either end of the Lore was much more beneficial than isolation. "Are you their scout?" she wondered, perhaps that could also be a reason he was so far out.