(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Google, Bing

No Need to Clean, Not Staying Long — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Ravenna Inna hasn't stopped over the border but is a respectful distance away.

The search for a den wasn't going well for the raven, she hadn't found one that would be perfect. She'd played with the idea of returning to Hearthwood but it was just too close to where Lachesis had set up the new territory. She knew she would have to return to the ethos and surrounding lands for some of the plants she needed. That was what was on her mind as she traveled back in the direction she knew Kerb to be.

She would then turn south and head away from the woods where she'd last seen the father if her newest litter. It had taken her two days but she finally scented the borders of a pack. She could only guess that this was the pack he'd spoken about. She approached with caution knowing how it might look once she was noticed. She then stopped a few paces from the actual border. With a deep breath she rose her muzzle into the air and called for the alphas. She thought it best to speak with them first.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
and with a spark its going to be

It was nearly a month into her pregnancy and so far the outside signs were minimal. If it wasn't for her scent of a pregnant female one could only tell by the slight plumpness of her stomach, more or less covered by her still thick fur from winter just passed. She had been hungry more so now, tearing into the caches of her home with the hopes that her packmates would be there to fill them behind her. They had luck over the winter, having taken down a large bull moose. Things were good now, quiet, more or less which she enjoyed. The woman felt more drawn to quieter places lately and it was unknowingly due to her motherly instincts kicking in when it came to a safe place away from the hustle and bustle for her pups to come.

The sound of a stranger at her border had been most unexpected. Ravenna was near to the stranger because she had been out both strolling to mark her territory and to search for some newly sprouted herbs. Without it being anyone who sounded familiar, none from the Heights of the Scowle, Ravenna crept towards the call slowly. She waited before coming near or announcing herself. Five minutes... Ten... Hoping Sven or one of her guards or scouts would be by first to handle it. Not this time it seemed.

Clearing her thoat, she moved in closer, easing her way through the sparce forestry of her home until she could see the dark woman waiting there. "Hello." She only spoke with a question in her tone as she continued to move closer to the stranger, stopping at a safe and respectable distance. With a sniff, she could not pinpoint a specific pack of any she knew of though she did catch that she, too, was pregnant. It made Ravenna skeptical, hoping she did not come here seeking shelter for herself and her unborn pups.

the biggest fire they've ever seen

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian Dem 1/3

The promise of pups had, actually, managed to brighten the girl up from her stupor. It gave her something to help with, frequently trailing after @Leotie or Ravenna to make sure they didn’t need anything and eagerly helping if they did. The prospect of being a ‘big sister’ helped ease the pain of her wayward sibling. To her, it was a chance at being better. At proving to herself and everyone else even further that she was valuable, that she could be good and loyal and stick around. That she didn’t just ruin everything.

When the call went into the air she knew that it was for Sven and Ravenna, but she wanted to make sure that Ravenna wasn’t alone if Sven wasn’t busy. Ravenna wasn’t defenseless by any means and it wasn’t like there was a lot Addy could do to protect her, but darn if she wouldn’t try! So, she was quick to take off in the direction of the call. She settled next to her cousin, noting the distance she kept between the two. The dark girl offered a whine and a lick to the matriarch’s chin before settling at her flank, honeyed gaze looking curiously at the woman who smelled suspiciously similar to Ravenna.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2018, 02:17 AM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She had come to the border of this pack with a purpose and it wasn't like she hadn't stood at the border or packs before. She hadn't been nervous about it before but this time her stomach was tied in knots. She knew it was because she was there obviously pregnant by anyone who would recognize the scent. She waited patiently for one of the residents if the pack to show up, time seemed to pass so slowly but she'd been in a pack and she knew how things could be. She also understood that she was putting herself at risk showing up in her condition.

While she waited she looked through the trees to see if she could spot anyone coming to greet her. All the while she remained a safe and respectful distance away. She didn't want to start off on a wrong paw especially since she knew that it looked like she could be seeking shelter with this pack. She even ran through what she would say when in or both of the alphas appeared. She didn't want things to go badly with this pack. She was trying to have a fresh start and having things go well with this pack seemed rather important.

When it felt like forever had passed a wolf finally appeared and Inna sighed in relief. The wolf was female and clearly pregnant as she carried the same scent as herself. Inna smiled at the greeting but before she could offer one of her own another wolf appeared. One that was most certainly going to be a yearling soon. She wasn't expecting that but she remembered how often she'd greeted visitors back in Hearthwood. “Hello, I'm Runi,” she greeted them both with a respectful dip of her head. “I would like to say that I haven't come here seeking acceptance into your pack.” She thought it best to get that out of the way first. “Secondly congratulations on your new additions, I hope all goes well with your pregnancy.” She didn't think saying that would hurt either and now for why she had come. “The reason I have come to your borders is from my understanding you have a healer amongst you and I was wondering if I might speak with them about some herbs. Do you think that would be possible?”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Ravenna took note of the smile the dark colored stranger offered her upon Ravenna's approach and small introduction of 'Hello' and was about to speak when Adeltra came prancing along from behind her. Ravenna should have expected it, she would have not been at these borders by herself for long, especially now that she was pregnant. Her pregnancy by far did not keep her from being able to fight and rather well at that (if spending much time sparring with @Sven hadn't taught her a thing or two) but that didn't mean any damage to her stomach would not be a risk to the pups. A risk the mother was not willing to take. Ravenna was happy to have Adeltra here at her side and responded to her warm greeting with a waving of her tail so wide that the end of it thumped on Adeltra's back as she sat next to her.

The stranger introduced herself then now that Del was settled, saying her name was Runi and explaining to them she did not come here to try to find shelter for her and her unborn pups. Good. Ravenna would have rather avoided kicking a pregnant woman out to the curb but she would have. With already two women pregnant within the ranks there just was simply no room for any more. "Thank you... And the same goes for you." She spoke as her silver eyes trailed downwards to the woman's middle and then back to her face.

She had been told there was a healer within this pack and had wished to speak to them. An interesting factor which caused Ravenna's ears to perk and her heart to thump in her chest at unexpected happiness and pride. Her mother had gotten visitors like this before. Wolves who knew how great of a medic she was and in her travels, how vast she knew of different herbs and there uses. Not only were other wolves still giving word about Willow Ridge (it had not become invisible after all) they were coming here to seek her, personally. "Oh, I think it's possible..." She spoke with a small smirk. "I am the medic you are looking for.... My name is Ravenna Archer-Lyall. What is it you want to know exactly?"

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian Dem 2/3

This one, it seemed, wouldn’t bypass her presence like others had. This elicited a smile from the girl in appreciation and she offered a dip of her head as well. Next, she was blunt in stating the fact that she wasn’t seeking refuge in the Willows. This was a surprise to the girl, but she stayed quiet on the fact though she was a bit curious as to the reason. She knew that they couldn’t care for 3 mothers and 3 litters of pups, so Runi’s joining was out of the question anyhow, but the thought that a mother wouldn’t want her pup birthed in the protection of a pack baffled the young girl.

Runi offered congratulations to Ravenna, another good show of manners in Addy’s book. She decided it was a shame that the dark woman had gotten herself pregnant. The young Archer might have liked having her around. The next question was about a medic and her honeyed gaze flickered over to her cousin immediately, who seemed to swell with pride. With good reason, too, as Addy truly did admire the woman’s ability with herbs. There weren’t many injuries the pack members had gotten, thankfully, but it also unfortunately meant that the silver woman didn’t get to practice her trade often. This would be good for her, Addy decided. She went back to watching the interaction carefully, sitting quietly off to the side.

(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2018, 12:57 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Having been a pack wolf and one who met many visitors on the border before her new found independence she understood it was best to he as clear as she could with her intentions. It would make things go much smoother and hopefully reduce the chance for any misunderstandings. She remembered once having been very good at border communications and just because she'd had one bad incident didn't mean she didn't still have that diplomacy inside her. When the woman who she assumed to be the alpha appeared the nervousness she had been feeling started to go away. When the pup appeared at her side it reminded her so much if the says she would stand by Lachesis on the borders of Hearthwood, she missed that.

It couldn't be dwelled on then as she had important business to attend to she smiled at the girl as she offered a dip of her own head. Inna thought she had the potential as a guardian as she stayed quiet but supporting with her alpha. Once she explained what she wasn't there for she smiled at the silver woman at the congratulations offered her. “Thank you!” It had taken some time for her to come to terms with the fact that she was pregnant once again and at first she hadn't been exactly happy about it. Now she had a plan, she knew where the father stood and things we're looking up.

She explained that she had come to speak to the healer of the pack. With Kerbs pack so close to this one she didn't know the relationship between the two, it was best she felt to keep any ties to herself and Kerb quiet. She had promised not to cause him anymore trouble so she left how she knew about the healer to herself. Her tail waved as the silver woman who she learned was named Ravenna said she would he able to speak to the healer and that she was the healer. “Oh perfect, I'm so glad to meet you. The information I seek is about herbs that can be used in the birthing process and how to use them. I know of Sweet grass and lavender but I am unclear on how they are used. I would also like to know of any others that you might know. I will be birthing my pups on my own you see and I want to have everything prepared before I am unable to.”

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic dem 1/3

While Adeltra fell silent to her side Ravenna remained more relaxed with her here as she listened to the stranger explain herself. She knew of two herbs to use and wanted to know more information on them and specifically ones that would help her during her birth while she did it on her own. The words puzzled her, causing a tilt of her skull and a silent ear to fold back. On her own? But why? With a land so teeming with packs it was a wonder why she couldn't find someone willing to take her in. Or, for that matter, why she had decided to breed knowing there risks. That wasn't her call nor her problem, she guessed.  "Some plants haven't yet grown since its still so early in the spring. I can tell you what I know still but it may be hard to determine the plant without seeing it and smelling it first." Of course, Ravenna had herbs she had collected thus far but had no intention of bringing the stranger in her land to see them nor to use her time teaching the woman who had no intention of joining their ranks and offering a favor of her own. Her mind flashed back to Lorcan who had come to their border where both herbs, time and food had been used on him during the dead of winter. But that was different. @Lorcan may have died if it had not been for the Willow Ridge wolves. He had paid them back by the work he had done in the pack though Ravenna still wished the way he had left could have been better.

She takes a breath, turning her focus back to the dark woman at her doorstep. "If you already know what lavender and sweet grass looks like you can start there. You'll find lavender by the Brooks and creeks and the Hush Meadow mostly. It should help you with anxiety and stress you may get. The sweet grass has a sweet smell to it so it's easy to determine. This will help you with bleeding after the pups are born and to expel the afterbirth. When the pups are going to be born soon, I'd start eating this when you come to it and it will help. For both plants you'd eat the stems and leaves." She paused a moment, trying to gauge by the female's expression now much of this she was taking in. A healer wasn't made overnight and self treating without working with the plants before could be dangerous. A risk of she was going to birth her pups alone. "I used to give my former leader roots of wild ginger alot too. To help with her nausea." Her mouth pulled to the side then with a look of uncertainty and question. "Can I ask why you have decided to have your pups alone? It seems...well, extremely risky." Of course the woman was free to do as she pleased but Ravenna didn't know if this woman knew what she was getting herself into. Any risk to Ravenna's pups safety, even if it meant begging to join a pack, would be worth it to protect her pups. Raising pups in a pack always had it's risks... But as a loner? The silver woman couldn't imagine it.

(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2018, 04:05 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian Dem 3/3

It seemed the woman wanted information about herbs that would help with birthing, something Adeltra didn’t quite understand. Was birthing that bad that you needed herbs? Did it...hurt? She shuddered at the thought, a small frown maring her maw. She mentioned things called sweet grass and lavender, things the girl had no clue about but she assumed they were herbs. Perhaps, if she were going to help, these were things that she should know about. She made a mental note to ask Ravenna about them.

Her auds swiveled as her cousin began to speak, honeyed gaze flickering toward her before settling once again on the dark woman. With Ravenna pregnant she didn’t want to take any chances. She began explaining where to find the herbs as well as their uses, her interest peaking. Adeltra didn’t have any interest in being a herbalist, but she thought that having a base knowledge of herbs could be helpful especially if she were going to be a scout. What is she was out on a journey and got hurt? She’d need to know at least some first aid. Again, she made a note to ask.

Ravenna mentioned it being risky for Runi to have her pups alone and her brows rose in surprise, though it made sense. From what she knew, only the leaders were allowed to have pups because it took a lot of wolves to care for pups. If everyone went around having them, well then the pack could call apart or pups could die. If Runi ended up having 3 pups or more, how on earth would she care for them? She listened curiously for her answer.

(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2018, 01:03 AM by Adeltra.)