Call if you don't
Call If you love me
Call if you won't
Call me an asshole
Call me a fool
Just call

- Prince Fox, "Just Call"

---

March 30th; Early morning, well after sunrise; Overcast Clouds; 32° F, 0° C.

Hanging out with Mari was actually taking a toll on Niles. Most times, now more than ever, he woke up on the wrong side of his daybed. Either way, though, he had the thought of visiting Willow Ridge. To finally come home. He had most of his words in order, for when he saw his remaining litter mate, but apart from that, he was certain he was going to slip up. On his trek from the shelter of the Scowle, he braced himself to what fall out was to come at long last. What unspoken words would come unbidden. What time had kept from the both of them.

Halfway there, he had to take a deep breath. He knew nothing about what laid tucked away within the Willows besides his parents' graves. Hell, he didn't even know if Ravenna was still there...

A shake of his head brought him to remember Isolde, as if her spirit accompanied him now. 'Hello, Ni.' He imagined that her voice came to him on the early Spring breeze. A quivering smile made his maw twitch and he soldiered on. He had one purpose: to make peace with what he had left behind. What had once been his pack, his family, and things that let him simply run off in the face of abandonment. Enoki's reassurance should have been enough. It was truly Niles' misfortune that it hadn't.

A familiar scent came to his nostrils as he surveyed the familiar trees, those skeleton branches sporting their bits of green with the arrival of the Season. Anxiety and bitterness still clung around him like spider legs in his fur. Behind him, his tail whipped from one side to the other. No, he told himself. He was not going to be violent. No rightful Paladin or Queensguard would treat his blood as such - unless he had been wronged to begin with. He allowed himself an inward growl, pretended to let the vibration leave his chest for the hurt he had carried for the better part of a year, before growing still... seeming as collected as he could manage at a distance.

He squared his paws together before letting out a casual note to the skies. He was hoping for an audience with his pale-coated sister, if she was still there that is...
(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2018, 07:48 AM by Niles.)
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
and with a spark its going to be

Ravenna was already half way through her pregnancy and how the time flew by both excited her and made her nervous of what was to come. She wondered how many pups she held in her stomach now. Would she have two like Enoki had? Three like all her mother's litters or would there by one pup like her brothers Greer and Skoll had? And how many would Leotie have? The thought of how many pups there would be, what they would look like... It caused a pep in her step and her tail to sway happily as she strode towards the border of her home. Pregnancy still had yet to hinder her physically other then being much more hungry and she took these opportunities now to collect as many newly sprouted herbs spring had to offer for both her, Leotie and even still to ease Nicolo.

The morning was still early, the sun high in the sky though the air cool with the clouds covering the sun. She figured another well day was to come now that she had already eaten, rested well and had the whole day to stroll for hunting for herbs. That is, until the call of Niles caught her ear and it caused her to freeze in her placement, muscles tensed and a churning so hard in her stomach she thought she might loose her breakfast right then and there. Ravenna knew that one day or another she would run into Niles again with him living in the same pack as their sister, with sharing the southern edge of Relic Lore. Ravenna had thought of so much she wanted to say to Niles and yet still when the moment came she couldn't find herself prepared for it.

How long she had been standing there she was not sure. For a moment she thought she might ignore the call and hope that he would go away. She could save it for another time. Maybe after she had given birth and her emotions were not so irratic. Maybe after she had more time to cool down...But how long would that be, if ever? When could she ever be prepared to talk to the brother she blamed for the unsettling death of both her father and mother?

She swallowed hard and finally after taking a deep breath she made her way into the direction of Niles. When she was him he was still along, waiting there. He didn't look much different from when she last saw him, if only more worn in his gaze. If anything his years had not been easy on him either with the lose of his parents, the death of his mate... His eyes shown that all. Still, Ravenna did not take pity on him. Her expression was hard as her silver eyes locked on him, then tension obvious. She kept herself from yelling out at him, for now. "What is it you want, brother?"

the biggest fire they've ever seen

Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
Niles fidgeted as he waited, the digits on each of his paws digging into the thawed soil while his ears moved to and fro at every sudden sound. Someone had to be coming. Willow Ridge wolves were usually timely in addressing their borders. Angier and Elettra, up until their old age, had set a standard. He ground his molars together and let his lips and whiskers twitch. Whatever he wanted to say, he was going to say it. All of it.

So, when Ravenna showed up, he straightened, not to his full height, but just enough to wordlessly tell her they were (or, rather, ought to be) on even grounds. He wasn't going to challenge her status or even make any moves that threatened her on Ridge grounds. He was just visiting and he meant no ill will.

He squared his shoulders and gave her a small smile, but when she asked what he wanted with 'brother' as a term of "endearment," he fought the urge to be a bit cocky. He didn't win.

"I can't just stop by and say hello?" he half-sneered, all too aware of the harshness of her gaze. To say that time had more than strained their relationship as siblings and age-mates was too clear now, but all he could think of was that there was no better time to try and mend it. He had come back from the other side of the Mountain and letting Castel go meant he had a chance at reconnecting with what he had lost. His own ghost grey eyes looked her over, making assumptions but not voicing them just yet. "You look well..."
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
-tosses in a very intimidating angora rabbit- for now, sven just plans on spectating.

the devil is & always will

It made his skin crawl to hear that voice. The memory of the last time he'd had to suffer it resurfaced vividly, and the emotions charred as they worked their way outward from his coal heart. He peeled himself away from @Leotie's side wordlessly to stalk toward the outskirts of the Ridge. Was he here to leave another corpse at their threshold? It seemed death followed him everywhere. Maybe Morganna had finally ran her mouth one too many times, or Skoll-

Sven moved quicker. God help Niles if he was delivering news of the death of his own father.

There was no urgency in the black and silver man when he saw him, however, already intercepted by the one he had called for. In fact, he seemed to be currently held up by some semblance of a spine, instead of the withering pile he'd been before. What was this, a social visit then? Less dire news Morganna wanted to send?

Sven forced himself to stay a few strides behind Ravenna, out of respect for her; in case she wanted to talk with Niles privately, a discussion she rightly deserved to have with the brother who had done so much to hurt her. Hurt them. A growl reverberated from his throat, however, low and menacing. Sven would not stay his paw if the tarnished queensguard pushed his luck.

be a gentleman.
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 06:08 AM by Sven.)
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Ravenna found herself watching her brother's every move for as simply put, she could not trust him any longer. Not now and likely not ever. He lifted himself as she neared, squaring his shoulders and a smile forming over his lips. The smile did not last, however, as it was replaced by a sneer after his first question which caused Ravenna's nose to wrinkle, her lip to quiver and a small warning growl seething from her jaws. She didn't have any room for games here nor his cocky personal he had developed, either. Perhaps he had been around Skoll too long.

Her mouth twitched, ready to speak when she heard another wolf's approach behind her. It did not sound like the bounding footsteps of Adeltra and as the growl sounded in her ears she knew it not to be but that it was her fellow Lead, Sven. He didn't say a word, only addressed by his presence and warning that Niles was not welcome here at their doorstep and if he had anything he wished to say it best be done quickly. If the warning signs alone was not enough, Ravenna would confirm. "No." She said simply, addressing her brother's more or less rhetorical question. She didn't bother to acknowledge Niles other bit, having no longer cared what he thought long ago. "Unless you have business to discuss on behalf of the Scowle, I have no interest in what you have to say." She waited then for her brother's retort or to see if he would spat out and turn to leave.

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 10:07 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
Before Ravenna could even speak, the sound of someone else approaching sounded out behind her. Niles’ eyes averted from her to find his old “nemesis” prowling at his sister’s back. Sven let out a low growl, and it was all Niles had to hear to comprehend that he had to back off.

His sister answered him, but it wasn’t what he had wanted to hear. She didn’t appreciate his presence and he was not welcome to just loiter about on their borders. Not even to say hello after all this time.

The Lyall’s jaws parted as if he was going to say something but the words did not immediately form. He closed them and quietly backed away, his tail lowering as he turned around. The pressure in his chest returned and his nostrils began to burn. His lips pursed as he took one step away from the Willow Ridge Leaders, but then... without warning, he whipped about, turning to face them both, looking from one to the other. “I knew you two would hold a grudge,” he started. “I came here to tell you that I’m sorry for whatever hurt I’ve caused. It was his idea, y’know...”

His eyes turned glossy and he spat out just a little more of what had caused his heart to ache, ”I’m sorry I couldn’t stop him. I’m sorry I let Dad go off on his own.” At this point, though, he knew he was just going to waste their time. It was a lost cause - and he should have stayed home. He should have let the notion of this encounter go quietly into oblivion. Angier did. Long ago when he and Borden were at odds, he swallowed his pride and let it all go. Then, the brothers never met again.

”I’m sorry you couldn’t move past this,” his voice has lowered to a whisper, but he did not yet leave. He cast one longing look at his sibling and, for the first time in a long time, he didn’t feel Isolde or Castel at this back. Niles was alone.
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Skoll should have been asleep but he could not bring himself to leave his post at Celandine’s sleeping quarters until he heard the sound of paws picking their way towards the Lagoon. He lowered his head to nibble at the back at the ivory woman’s ear before taking his leave. Heavy eyes scanned the boulders and tangled roots for the path most likely taken before setting off to the east. The longer he pursued the wanderer, the more apparent it became that it was Niles... and he was undoubtedly up to something.

The Archer worried.

His eyes squinted in the light of the risen sun as it reflected off the Lagoon; and, as the brothers found their way to Willow Ride, Skoll froze. ”Aw shit,” the word came under his breath as he heard the call for Ravenna reverberate through the air. There was barely any conversation before Niles suddenly let his emotions run away with him.

Skoll, barely hidden in the shadow of a nearby willow tree, stared at Niles’ back before catching sight of his son and his youngest sister. If he didn’t do something, he was certain Morganna and Celandine were going to line their dens with the boy’s hide. He stepped out from behind the veil of skeleton branches, his head and tail high enough in the air as to make his message clear, ”Niles! Go. Home.”
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
S Warning: For a very furious Ravenna.

Sven's growl seemed enough to cause the arrogant smirk to wipe from Niles face, allowing him to know he was not welcome here. He backed up, his tail dropped. So he thought that after all this time he would stop by to finally say hello? That Ravenna and anyone else who knew what had happened would let bygones be bygones? Time would not wash the slate clean. Time would not make things right. Time would not change what he had done.

And then, suddenly, he wiped around so quickly it made Ravenna's body tense, the fur along her spine standing on end. His first sentence caused her body to quiver in rage. Hold a grudge? Yes, yes she was. And who wouldn't who gave any ounce of care for Angier or Elettra? And then he said he had come here to say he was sorry, an apology worth spatting at the moment he then quickly placed the blame on their father. 'It was his idea you know.' And there it was. He was still just a child, blaming what had happened on anyone else other then himself.

His words did not make any sense to her what so ever, his explanation of what happened causing her to sneer and she made it obvious she wasn't falling for his crap. "That's a load of shit and you know it. Dad would never just up and leave his mate and pups unless he was trying to protect them, trying to protect you. Couldn't stop him?? He wasnt exactly young you know and he was blind for crying out loud! And you told no-one. Not mom, not me, no-one. And it was winter!" She piled up the reasons with their father's age, his lack of sight, the bad timing, and having not informed anyone. Nothing which he had been considering in his youth but certainly everything he knew now. Now, that it was too late.

By now another wolf had joined the scene, Skoll, who for the time being as Ravenna focused her attention on Niles was just a dark splotch on her radar. "While you were out and about dragging dad through the mud I was here being responsible, growing up, taking care of mom. Do you ever think how much longer our parents would have lived if dad had stayed home? That they might have been able to grow old together in their last years? That's your burden to bare and I hope it eats at you inside." Her last sentence was like a hiss from her parted jaws, tongue flicking past her insisors. At this point her display of dominance and aggression was jb full spin with her tail high and twitching behind her and her head high, silver eyes narrowed and they locked on her age-mate brother. "Maybe your fully capable of just 'getting over' the death of our parents, but I care more then that. I'll never forgive you."

She had said alot to Niles by now, every word she could think of having wanted to say spilling from her lips and harshly into the morning air. There was nothing more she felt she ever needed to say to him now. "Skoll." She then snapped the name of her eldest brother, eyed finally side glancing to him after he spoke, directing Niles to leave too as even he thought it to be the best option here. "Get him off my fucking doorstep."

Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
"Niles! Go. Home." The voice that crashed over him made him shudder and his ears fell back in defeat. Of course he could not evade Skoll for long. For the time he spent looking after Skoll in his delirious state, he knew he was going to get it back in kind. He was being supervised.

His jaws parted but his tongue felt heavy and while he desperately wanted to turn about and tell Skoll that Ravenna had to hear all that he had to say, he found himself only staring at his sister's pale face. He did not meet her eyes, not wanting to challenge her further, but he fixated on her jaws and every word she spoke.

She sneered at him and he felt himself growing smaller by the second. He was wrong, he should have done more to dissuade Angier of his dreams of retiring in Torbine, and he should have felt fully responsible for tearing their parents apart, for robbing them of their last few days together. He swallowed as he stood his ground, shaking like leaf but still holding strong to the walls he had put up to shield himself from the guilt.

"Skoll," Niles had been expecting the white queen to address him and, instead, his gaze finally went to their older brother. "Get him off my fucking doorstep." Again, his jaw fell slack and he shook his head, "No. Wait. Please."
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Much to his pleasure, Skoll and Ravenna were figuratively on the same page. His chest swelled and he strode forward to place himself between his brother and sister. To Niles, he flashed his teeth and offered an authoritative growl. There was no choice but to back off and he would make certain of it. "Shut up," he urged under his breath. "Don't make it worse. Turn around and start walking. Now." To finalize his order, he jabbed his nose at the air, pointing back to the way they had come from. He would accept nothing else apart from Niles' departure from the Willows.

To Ravenna, he lowered his tail in a genial, apologetic wag and bowed his head as a showy form of respect. "I'm the one who ought to be sorry," he offered. "He won't be troubling you any longer." His choice of words were almost cookie-cutter, but for anyone who knew Skoll knew that he would give credit and formalities where they were due. For him to choose such statements to his own kin showed that he was willing to see Ravenna as more than family. In this case, she was regarded as any other pack Leader. His next statements were honest, perhaps even heartfelt and potentially laced with his brand of darkness, "If he ever comes back, feel free to let me know or take care of him yourself." His characteristic grin made an appearance on his scarred face and he gave a humble nod of acknowledgement. "I will handle it from here."

If there was anything else to be said, he lingered for a few moments longer while still listening for his brother's footsteps to retreat further into the distance...
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away