(See All?) Announcements
718 Users Online
Bing, Google, Ozark

don't leave me waiting — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
March 31st, Late Night around midnight, Clear, 6°F (-14°C)

She hadn't been able to sleep that night. The Santoro untangled herself from @Lorcan and headed out to the edge of the tarn. It was there she allowed herself to settle into a delicate sitting position. Her head was tilted back in order to examine the skies. There were no clouds in sight which allowed for a rather beautiful view of the starry sky. Even the moon looked lovely at its (almost) full state in the clear sky.

It would have been nice to have someone to enjoy the view with but she was almost grateful for the alone time. There was no bickering to her or sour attitudes, no tension hovering around her. She could simply be. So with a deep breath, she slid down onto her stomach and stretched her legs out.

Sure, it was awful not being able to sleep but at least the view was nice.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Hope it's okay to throw Cheedo in here.

Cheedo had felt the crawling if her skin starting to lessen over the past days, the itching had almost disappeared and the dreadful smell that came from her was much weaker. Her heat was on it's way out and she couldn't have been happier about that. However, the things that had been bothering her hadn't left. She had to push them to the back of her mind and get in with duties.

Since she'd noticed her heat seemed to be resolving she'd decided she needed to make up for lost time. She hadn't left the tarn much since they had claimed it. Earlier in the day she'd left the territory in search of food. They would need plenty of it now with two litters in the way. No matter her feelings on the matter she still had to do her part.

It was late when she returned to the Tarn, she had just dropped her catch, a rabbit into one if the caches that had been established. The Agouti was on her way to the place she'd carved out as her sleeping area when she noticed Piety at the edge of the tarn as she passed. She hesitated a moment wondering if she should go over or not. The pale woman did look rather peaceful after all.

(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2018, 05:03 AM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

It was only the shifting of her position that allowed her to catch sight of Cheedo. For a moment, she was convinced that both of them would let the other go about whatever it was each of them was doing. Then she realized that it truly was late and she hadn't been expecting anyone else up. So what had her second been doing awake?

She pushed herself up to a standing position, swiftly turning around and heading in the direction of Cheedo. A soft bark escaped her with hopes it would stop the woman from going away.

"What might have you up at such an hour?" The leader asked with a hint of concern evident in her tone. Was she not feeling well? Troublesome thoughts or simply unable to catch sleep?

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

When she'd come across Piety by the tarn she'd suspected the woman wanted a few moments to herself. After all they had just started the pack and there was a kit to go into that, not to mention she was carrying pups. Cheedo hadn't planned to disturb her and go on to get a couple hours sleep before returning to her work. She had a lit to do, there was always something to do when in a pack.

That plan seemed to be foiled as she saw the pale woman rise to her feet and coming toward Cheedo. The soft bark emitted from Piety did stop the Agouti woman in her from going to her sleeping place. She turned and greeted her leader with a dip of her head.

“I was finishing up some hunting and putting my catch in the cache,” she said easily. She realized it was a late hour and that she should have already bedded down for the night but hunting was better than laying awake all those hours.

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

The answer was simple enough, and while the hour was odd to be out doing hunting she wouldn't judge. If Cheedo wished to work at night then so be it. As long as everyone did their job.

Mind if I come with? Could stand to stretch my legs some more before heading back to the den. The dove admitted with a soft sway of her tail. Perhaps a stroll to one of the caches would help ease her into sleep. Surely if she lingered near the water for too long Lorcan would notice her absence from the den. She didn't have any intentions to startle her partner into thinking she had disappeared into thin air.

If she was not wanted by Cheedo then Piety was ready to head off back into the forested part of the territory.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

She hadn't expected to run into any one as she passed through the tarn. Finding Piety however wasn't an unwelcome occurrence though she didn't want to bother the woman if she wanted some quiet time. It was the only explanation she could find as to why the leader would be out by herself at such and hour. Perhaps she had been wrong though since Piety's pale form was soon coming toward her.

She seemed to accept the answer that Cheedo gave when asked what she was doing. The tawny woman was a little surprised when Piety asked to join her. “No of course not. Your company is always welcome.” She would never deny such a request from the female alpha. “How are you doing?” She asked in regards to the woman's pregnancy. There hadn't been a chance for them to catch up so she thought it was as good of time as any to make sure Piety was doing well.

Gesturing forward she invited Piety to follow her as she led them away from the waters of the tarn.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She smiled warmly and let her tail sway. It was nice to know that she could seem to always rely on the small female for company and support.

A small sigh escaped her at Cheedo's question. I've certainly been better. I don't think I'll ever get used to this pregnancy thing. It really throws everything else off. Like her sleeping schedule and eating habits. She wondered if it threw the others off as well. Piety figured that perhaps Lorcan might be disrupted by her ever changing schedule during this time. Maybe even Odin as well if he was sticking close to Lenae. Which just reminded her to check on them. Another thing to add to the list.

It's nice here isn't it? She asked softly. It's nothing like the lowlands but...couldn't stay there, you know.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

For Cheedo there would never be a bad time for the pale alpha to come and talk to her. She'd stayed with her to support her through the hard time after losing Wraith. More than that though she cared about the woman and would always be there for her when she needed her. Piety was the only wolf that Cheedo felt she could truly trust so she most certainly didn't mind the woman joining her.

Cheedo was concerned how Piety was doing with her pregnancy despite feeling she had things under control. “It is a hard thing to get used to,” she agreed, “It doesn't last long enough to get used to,” she said offering the woman a smile. “As disruptive as it may be it is worth it in the end.” At least Cheedo felt that it was being able to carry the tiny little lives inside her. She only wished she'd been able to see her children grow and become who they would be.

“It is nice here,” she agreed, “It may not be the Lowlands but I think it's what we need. The Monadnock reminded me so much of my old home, I'm glad for the change.”

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

You're certainly right there. She said with a small smile. There were pains to it too, one that both the Tarn wolves knew but there was usually a greater reward.

Her mind drifted from those thoughts as they discussed the Monandock. Would you want to visit it with me? Not for a while obviously but... The leader's voice trailed off as her gaze looked to the trees ahead. Maybe in the summer or fall, hopefully before the winter. It was a ways off to think about but she didn't mind planning in advance.

Will you be heading back to the den after putting away the rabbit? Or still have work to do? The Santoro asked softly with hopes it was the former and not the latter.

# C W T