(See All?) Announcements
539 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Name of the Wind — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin
AW. @Aurek RE:Windy weather and moist snow have caused snow rollers to form all over. Mid-afternoon, cloudy and breezy, cold

It was a strange sight that greeted him as he stepped into the open from the trees. He and Aurek we're out hunting for their most recent of meals. Looking across the clearing his Mismatched gaze fell on many balls of snow with trails behind them. Well this was interesting for sure, “Aurek, come check this out,” he called to his companion. The gray pup wondered what his friend night make of the scene before him.

Their hunting expedition could be put on hold for a few moments while they investigated this. Elyan hadn't ever seen anything like it in his very short life. Part of him wondered if it was one of those signs that his father used to talk about. The near yearling couldn't ever remember coming across a sign like his father said but it did make him wonder about his father and mother. Had there been signs that made them leave the notch?

Played by Ghostpaw who has 92 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek had been in midst of trying to pick up a trail or scent to go after when Elyan called him. His ears perked up and the pale boy thought his companion had found something to aid in their hunt - trail or scent maybe but as he rushed to meet Elyan there was no such thing.

He did notice - almost right away, that there were strange snow rolls ahead of them and Aurek turned to look at his friend, wondering if he had anything to do with it. As he eyed at the snow rolls with a trails behind them, he did notice some of them were nowhere near Elyan's paw prints, making it very unlikely this was some kind of prank done on him by his friend - but that did shed much light to how they were made. "Huhh... what are those?" -The pale boy asked while moving ahead to inspect one of them.

As he poked the deligate snowroll with his nose it quickly crumbled down. There was nothing remarkable about it and Aurek's suspicion that some small animal, maybe mice might have made them also vanished at the same time. There were no recognizeable scents of any animal among the trail. His head turned at Elyan in turn, hoping that the grey boy might know something he did not - his expression wearing obvious question even if he did not word it. What's going on here?

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

After calling for Aurek the gray pup hadn't stepped further into the clearing. He didn't want to mess up the scene before him with his paw prints. He wanted his companion to find it just as he had as it was the strangest thing he'd seen in his young life thus far. While he waited he tried to figure out what had happened to cause such a sight. He went from ideas of tiny little forest creatures rolling the snow into the round balls that he was seeing. Then there was the idea that maybe the clearing was just magical and the snow had done it all on it's own. He of course knew how ridiculous both those ideas were.

His wait wasn't long and Aurek soon joined him. His head turned to look at his age mate to see his reaction. He seemed to be in just as much awe as Elyan was. He shook his head when asked what they were, “Don’t know. I haven't ever seen this kind of thing before.” He was still trying to figure it out when Aurek moved forward.

He watched as his companion investigated one of the rolls of snow, even stepping forward to investigate another that was close by. It occurred to him that it had been rather windy though. He lifted his head to look at Aurek who was already looking at him. “I'm wondering if all that wind has something to do with this,” he said to the other to answer the questioning look he was receiving.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva
S - Language.

"Ppffffttt.... wind?" -Aurek rejected the suggested answer, finding it hard to believe that wind alone could mold snow into such structure. He looked at the scene around them again and then tried to come up with something of his own. "...these look like.. artificially made. Like someone did this. But there is no paw prints... so... maybe it flies?" -the pale boy suggested. He might have not been as smart and as grounded in reality as his friend but he did have very good imagination to think of all kinds of explanations.

Whatever made the snow rolls was not here, nor could they eat snow to sustain themselves. Aurek was quite hunry already and he'd like to eat something today before it would get dark. The memory of that ghostly ( @Anaeia ) bitch that had assaulted him earlier was still fresh in his memory and he'd rather not be wandering in dark in search for food.

He shrugged and then noted they should get back to what they were doing. "Fucking mysterious, but the snow rolls ain't gon feed us. Lets keep hunting, aye?"

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin
So sorry for the wait. I thought I had Already replied to this.

It seemed his friend couldn't see how the wind had made the balls of snow that were scattered across the meadow. He did have to pull a look when Aurek suggested that what had made them flew through the air. Elyan found that rather hard to believe. "Maybe we should find someone who can tell us how they are made,” he suggested. The gray pup felt that it was something his father would know about. Just another thing he wished Emrys was around for.

He of course couldn't fault his father since he had been the one to leave without a word. It still bothered him that he didn't know what had happened in the notch for it to be gone now. He had many theories but he knew he would never know for sure until he found his parents. Like Arwyn he never planned to give up hope that he would find them one day.

His thoughts were brought back from the notch as Aurek spoke again. He smirked, “No, they won't,” he agreed, “Yes, we should get back to it so we have something to eat tonight.”

Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva
@Elyan

"Should we meet a soothsayer along the way, I be sure to ask about it." -He murmured humorously in response, his tail waving lazily behind him.

Aurek took another passing glance at the snow rolls before turning his attention to the hunt that they still had ahead of them. He really wanted to see how well the two could perform as a pair and if - with opportunity given - they could even down something bigger than just hares. Aurek was going to give Elyan chance to take lead for this turn since he seemed like a type that knew his way around.

"You wan't to take lead this time around.. if I take the lead next time?" -He proposed rather diplomatically. Neither was decisively stronger than the other - and neither was thruly a submissive type, so a sort of equal stance was how their interaction had been working so far. Aurek was content continuing on the same path, provided he got chance to lead every now and then.

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

“It might not be a bad idea. My father was very big into signs, maybe this is one of them.” Elyan had paid attention when Emrys had spoken of them but he wasn't sure he followed it much.

They had plenty of hunting to do in the next few hours if they wanted to he eating by dark. It was time he forgot about the snow rolls and turned his attention to that. If they were lucky maybe they could snag a fawn or a small doe. It would maybe last them a little while and they wouldn't have to hunt for a day or so depending on it's size.

“Sure, it sounds like a good plan,” he said not minding to take the lead in the hunt. He and Aurek seemed to have a good give and take kind of thing. He didn't much mind just letting things happen and not having plans anyway. “We’ll head off this way,” he gestured toward a small copse of trees. “I think I see some tracks over there,” he said before moving in the direction he’d indicated.

Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva
OOC: Did you want to make this one hunting thread too or make it separate one?
@Elyan

Aurek had noticed that Elyan often spoke of his father very high regard and respect and truth be told he was starting to get rather curious about it. "I really hope I get to meet your dad some day." -He admitted to his friend, being slightly envious that he himself did not have such an great relationship with his own dad.

When Elyan picked direction where to go, Aurek followed dutifully, little bit overplaying it and roleplaying that his friend was a true alpha male. "Yes boss sir! Your command is my... I guess pleasure or something" -he joked about it, obviously not viewing himself in any way lower than his friend but willfully and happily submitting for his directions for now. Aurek had worried a little that their similar age and strenght might pose a problem later over whom should lead, but so far it had gone well for the two.

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin
We can do the hunt in this one or another, I'm not picky. Which would you prefer?

Deep down Elyan wasn't that surprised when Aurek voiced that he would like to meet Emrys one day. He spoke of his father often enough not to mention the near yearling knew that his father knew Aurek’s uncle on some level. “I hope so too, I'm sure he would be happy to meet you as well.” Emrys after all was a friendly wolf though he didn't know what had become if his father since he hadn't seen him in months.

Once they had decided on continuing their hunting expedition a direction was chosen for then to go. Elyan hoped that it wouldn't take too long so they could rest up through the night and maybe explore the woods they now found themselves in the following day. His brow rose at Aurek's comment, “I didn't realize you were still so willing to give up the lead,” he jested right back. Perhaps Aurek saw him leading them and was happy with the way things were. Elyan wouldn't argue, he rather liked having a traveling companion so wasn't really willing to do anything that might upset that.

Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva
OOC: Very well then. We can continue with the hunt in this thread. ^^)

@Elyan

By now Aurek wanted to find Elyan's father as much as he did, although he had still not given up on re-uniting with Lorcan. At this point he was however starting to enjoy the adventure he had with his friend, being here one day, somewhere else next day. "Who would not be happy to meet me?" -He smirked at his friend in response to his comment.

They were now back on the hunt. Sure, Aurek did not mind following but he wanted to make sure Elyan always remembered they were equals. Hence, next time would be his turn to lead. "Only for now, my friend. You'll experience my tyrannical reign next time." -He chuckled, while idly looking around and sniffing air. Elyan had been right about there being tracks ahead, although they belong to something smaller than a deer. Still, food would be food and even if they caught something smaller, they could comfortably share.