(See All?) Announcements
680 Users Online
Google, Aven, Bing, Baidu

keep it under lock and key — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Samael Elio Archer
April 3rd; Mid-day; Light Snow; 23* F, -5* C.

Since meeting Sven, Samael chose to be more than cautious. Just the other day, he saw for himself how he looked. His eye milky white from the Mothers’ torment, his muzzle scarred with slivers of white where the fur had grown back. Just like Father. He was not even sure what to make of it. They had talked about destiny, about history, and fates fulfilled as a family (just Skoll with the five, moon-borne Archers) but, never, in Samael’s mind did he think that history could repeat itself.

As Spring brought down a surprise shower of snow flurries, the boy hastily scurried across the marshlands where he had been staying by the Lagoon and headed towards the willows. Even if their branches were just beginning to show a bit of green, their umbrella-like canopies were better than nothing when it came to finding shelter.

The first willow he found at the very edge tree line was the one he chose, ducking quickly through its branches and curling up in the grass not far from its knobby trunk. The snow still fell through the thin branches but being here was better than being out in the open. With his limbs tucked beneath him and his head held up, he simply waited for the storm to pass.
Played by Ace who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

He’d lost his father again. Veho had been hanging around the old stomping grounds (as one might expect), and then all at once, his imagination got the better of him, and he’d vanished. He’d gone north, and then east, and then Felix had lost the trail altogether as the snow picked up. The youth sighed, ears pulled back against his skull as he squinted up at the falling water. It never came when you wanted it.

His best bet would probably be to turn around and wait for the older Macieo to come back. He would. He always did. Probably just hunkered down for the storm, that was all, and Felix should really do the same…

As he began to make himself comfortable, it dawned on the gray wolf that he hadn’t been the only one with this idea. His ears swiveled forward and he eyed up the other loner. “Do you mind sharing? I won’t be long…”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Kai who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER
I don't believe in no devil,'cause I done raised this hell

With the light snowfall Ramiel was looking for his brother Judas. He'd slipped off earlier in the day to do some hunting on his own and when he'd returned he hadn't seen the other Archer. While they needed to stick together more than before since he hoped they'd be heading to the rise soon. They still had their times apart. When the snow started he'd been wandering around dropping willows keeping a good distance from Willow ridge. He didn't want to accidentally tread on their land even if they were family.

It was a lucky thing really when he caught the scent. It had been a long time since he'd smelled his brother Samael’s scent. The young Archer didn't waste time in following it either. He wanted to see his brother and make sure he was okay but quickly discovered as he drew nearer that he wasn't alone. He wondered about this strange wolf, had Samael picked him up in his travels? He approached the tree line and found the scent to be strongest around one tree in particular. Stopping outside the curtain of branches “You finally made it,” he spoke into them, “And who’s your friend?”

Table by Grey
(This post was last modified: Apr 04, 2018, 04:18 AM by Ramiel.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Samael Elio Archer
Samael’s mind had been elsewhere - thinking of what questions he wanted to ask Moon Mother and wondering if She might be able to help reunite him with his siblings - when another wolf came into his midst. The Archer’s gaze immediately found a grey-furred youth; he was older than Samael, it would seem, but not by much.

A small nod was given as an answer, even if his dark brow slightly furrowed. How long had he been there, all comfortable and just as eager to wait out the storm? His thoughts strayed to the Nonno and Nonna he never met, about how they, too, had sought refuge beneath the same willow. Samael averted his eyes to find that another darker figure had the same notion.

He was about to bury his nose into his tail when Ramiel spoke, “You finally made it.” Samael’s breath got caught in his throat and his tail gave a feeble wag as he turned to address the brother he had missed. He whimpered in relief, craning his neck forward as if it would bring his age mate to him. The snow wouldn’t stick or stay for long, but at least they had some sort of hideaway in the meantime.

“Get in here,” he huffed, not wanting his brother to weather any more of the elements if he didn’t need to. It wasn’t an order by any means, but it certainly was something of a request. “Shake the snow off your coat.” If there was anything to be learned about Samael it was this: he was nothing without his siblings, and if he could care for them for the whole of his life, he would.
Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

Oh… Oh, he had a friend. Or a brother? Or something?

Felix had barely started to take Samael up on his silent offer (or agreement?) when the second wolf appeared. A quick glance showed they looked quite similar, at any rate. The yearling folded his ears back against his skull, quickly stepping back to make room for the two to pile in together. The first one clearly wanted it, anyways. They weren’t strangers.

This was all very terribly, horribly awkward, and the loner was starting to think that maybe just hugging a tree and waiting out the snow was actually a better idea.

He cleared his throat softly. “I’m fine. Never mind me.”

Without another word, Felix slunk back to his original tree, content to wait there. And if he wasn’t content (he really wasn’t), then he was at least willing to wait. It was less painful.

Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

Samael was most certainly a sight for sore eyes, yes missed his brother and would be damn sure not to let him out of his sight. It would if course be luck there he found him in the middle of a snow storm no less and with a strange wolf. Ramiel couldn't help but wonder how that had come about. At his brothers urging he shook the snow off and slipped between the branches to join him and his friend.

What was when he first took in the state of Samael’s face. Right then and there he wanted to ask what had happened but he remained quiet on the subject for the time being. Instead he placed a lick across his brothers muzzle as he settled in behind him.

The friend however seemed to think it was his cue to leave. “You didn't have to leave,” he called to the strange boy, “We don't mind the company do we Sam?” He said nudging his brother behind the ear.

Table by Grey
Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

After a few moments of watching the pair of younger wolves together, Felix had had enough. He wasn’t sure what it was – the familiarity, the friendliness, something strangely reminiscent but totally foreign all at once – but it didn’t sit with him right. The boys were probably very nice (certainly seemed it), but whatever this reunion was, the Maceio only felt like a trespasser. A voyeur.

It made his heart do weird things in his chest. The snow wouldn’t be so bad.

He cleared his throat and shook his head, offering the pair a weak smile at best.

“Uh, thanks. But I think it’s best I’m going, after all. Ancestors guide you.”

And then he was off.

Exit.

Inactive No Rank
Samael Elio Archer
As quiet and polite and oh-so-modest as the other boy was, Samael found that it rubbed him the wrong way. So, when Ramiel tried to "remedy" the situation, he steeled himself despite being nudged behind an ear. His silence answered his brother as a subtle 'Fine, whatever.' He very much would rather have his brother to himself rather than share the conversation with a stranger or have their whispered words be eavesdropped on.

"Uh, thanks," the rogue then lent, much to Samael's pleasure, "But I think it’s best I’m going, after all. Ancestors guide you."

The Archer's eyes lessened into slits as he watched the lighter-coated man leave the shelter of the willow tree. His dark ears came up, turning to and fro until he could no longer hear the stranger in their midst. "Ancestors guide you?" he sneered after some time, looking back to Ramiel behind him. "What a weirdo." He gave a sharp scoff, "I'm pretty sure I gave him a look that told him that I wasn't into company. Should've been his first cue..."
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

It felt like forever since he'd seen his brother so he wanted to have their reunion to be just between them. However it would have been wrong to not offer for the other boy to stay. He wasn't so cruel to send him out in the weather they we're currently having. It seemed that perhaps Samael may have felt the same way since he didn't say anything when Ramiel gave him a nudge to back him up.

The boy left anyway and perhaps it was for the best. Neither of them spoke until the he was out of earshot and then Samael was the first to speak. “What do we need the ancestors for when we've got Moon Mother.” She was all they needed. The young Archer did laugh at his brothers next words, “Definitely weird. It seems he got the message loud and clear and now we can talk. I have something to share with you brother.” How he'd missed Samael and to show it he gave his brothers dark head a lick, “And you will have to tell me what happened to you,” he whispered because he wanted to know who had hurt his brother.

Table by Grey