(See All?) Announcements
322 Users Online
Bing, atalietts2772, Google

[bwp][s] broad shouldered beast — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
Northern most area of Mountain of Dire (here)
Takes place before this thread so backdate to later 4/16
Early Evening | Broken Clouds | 30.2 ° F, -1 ° C
For @Kip <3
aleister vuesain
but when you feel the world wrapping 'round your neck, feel my hand 'round yours

He couldn't be there anymore. He couldn't stand being there with the smell of death, the death of his mother lingering in the air. It was all too much. So much guilt and too much sadness. The storm couldn't handle it, so he ran, but his littermate wasn't far behind. She was right at his side. They both couldn't stay within the their birthplace, it reminded them of their weakness. Aleister was the coward son and @Neha cared too much.

So the pair traveled north until they found a safe place to rest for the night. Letting Neha know he would only be gone a few hours, he traveled west along the mountainside in search of anything to distract him from the whirling emotions within him. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 06:38 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
She spent a lot of time out of the communal den at night. She didn’t want to risk accidentally running into Odin and having some sort of awkward conversation. The little sprite didn’t think she would be able to handle it at all, as she hadn’t spoken to him since that one night on the mountaintop. Hell, she had hardly spoken to any of her packmates for a long while.

Perhaps she should start doing that more.

The stars were quite beautiful tonight. It was easy to see them through the broken clouds, and Kip had her head tipped back to look at them. The unfortunate downside to that was that she was not looking where she was going, and that was where it went wrong.

Her face was suddenly shoved into the shoulder of something warm and furry, and her first (ridiculous) thought was that it was a bear she had stumbled into. But the figure she encountered was much smaller than a bear, even though he was also much bigger than she was.

Green eyes darted up to his face as she muttered a quick, ”Sorry.”
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
and when you feel the world wrapping 'round your neck, don't succumb

Aleister wasn't sure what he really doing out on the mountainside that night. Perhaps he could manage to find something for Neha and him to eat or maybe he just really didn't a distraction, something to keep his mind off the thundering storm of emotions within his head. Emotions that that he tried so hard to abandon and forget about. That's why he was a nomadic man at heart, but now he needed company more than ever. Though he needed company that didn't remind him of the guilt.

He had noticed the stars too, so brilliant and bright in the sky above him. Normally, he only used the stars to guide him in his journeys, never taking the time to really appreciate them. So taking a seat upon a the mountainside, the dark agouti Vuesain pointed his muzzle towards the sky and let his mismatched gaze watch the stars above. A few moments passed when his solitude was interrupted, he hadn't heard her coming, but felt her run straight into him.

A gruff exhale left him as his mismatched gaze sharply turned in her direction. The pale female apologized quickly, seizing any retort that could escape his maw. So'kay, was just sitting here anyway.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 03:24 AM by Aleister.)
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Oh thank any higher power out there that this guy wasn’t some sort of happy-go-lucky, cheerful wolf. Kip didn’t think she could handle that at the moment. But, then again, she supposed that the happy wolves usually weren’t the ones who got lost in the stars like them.

He looked like he needed company as much as she did.

So, the little wolf looked him straight in his heterochromatic eyes before he could look away. ”Mind if I sit, too?” she asked, though she really should have said I’m going to join you. Because she just settled down a wolf-length or so away. Her glass-green eyes turned back up toward the stars above. ”The stars are bright tonight,” she commented, trying to map out constellations. ”I always come look at the stars when I need to clear my head.”

The worst thoughts always came at night, when she was by herself. She was used to having the stars as her only company, and she didn’t want to admit that she was pleased to change that tonight. Just for a moment.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
but it's alright

Her bright teal eyes looked sharply into his as she asked if she could join him. Guess it wouldn't hurt, so the Vuesain man was about to nod that she could, but the pale girl didn't wait for his permission. Settling next to him, before he even had time to answer. He scuffed lightly, a smirk threatening to cross his ebony lips, but a yawn escaped his maw to hide it.

Nodding at her comment on the bright stars tonight, the sky was luminous which brightened the pale woman's fur. She continued to mention she would come out here to look at the stars to clear her head. Huh, guess he never thought to look at the stars aside from using them as directions. Returning his mismatched gaze back towards the sky, he stared at the stars trying to figure out the appeal. How do they make you forget? His gaze then turned to her, a somber expression planted upon his face.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 03:58 AM by Aleister.)
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
He was okay with her being there - didn’t even growl or snap or anything. So Kip stayed, scanning the sky and settling back on her haunches a bit. She was content in the relative silence that settled over the pair of them, but he seemed to want to speak further on the subject. Which was fine - talking was just as good. It wasn’t a demanding or emotional talk, but it wasn’t meaningless, either.

”They don’t,” the small wolf said simply, looking back over at him. She couldn’t remember ever meeting a wolf with eyes quite like his - the uniqueness was quite stunning, but in a way that more resembled distant planets. ”For me, anyway. They put things in perspective.” Realizing she would have to elaborate on the subject, she decided to phrase it better. ”Those aren’t just little dots in the sky. An old wolf I knew once theorized that they are lights like our sun, and that there are more worlds like ours out there.”

God, she loved it up there. She longed to visit, but she knew it would be impossible. She had no wings, after all. ”Countless other worlds just like this one. It kind of makes everything else seem so small. Me, with all of my problems and issues. I’m just a speck.”
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
sorry he got all weird >_<
aleister vuesain
take it out on me

"They don't." Of course they don't. Logically speaking, he knew they didn't make you forget, but there was a small part of him that hoped somehow they did and this woman knew how. She looked at him then, their gazes clashing. The girl told him they put things in perspective for her. Perhaps that would still help. At least it would distract him.

The pale vixen went on to explain what the stars were and the tales of some of them being planets. The thought was hard for Aleister to completely process, though. Other places like this up in the sky? It seemed too good to be true. Places he'd never be able to explore, but the thought was enough to make imagination spark. Huh. Never heard that before.

She said simply, her problems seemed so small in comparison to everything and everyone that could be out there dealing with the same things or worse. She's just a speck. You're a pretty big speck then. He stated, the smirk creeping back upon his ebony lips. In his eyes, he still only believed in their land though her story was interesting to think about, so he didn't see her as just a speck. Her problems mattered, just like his did. He turned his mismatched gaze away from her then and turned back towards the illuminated sky.

So, you're saying there's another world like this one? He was rather thinking out loud than asking her a question, trying to deceiver her story and really understand it. Where there could be others like you and me? Another Aleister with mismatched eyes and fleeting smiles. Another pale vixen with ocean green eyes and a sharp gaze. Would they make the same mistakes, do ya' think? If you had a second chance, would you change anything? His mismatched gaze turned to her then, his gaze sharper than before.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 01:51 PM by Aleister.)
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
It wasn’t surprising that he hadn’t heard of this idea before. The philosopher she once knew had been confined to the mountains she was born in, doomed forever to simply study the stars. Kip was glad she had spent so much time with the rickety old man, learning from him and developing new ideas of her own. ”I understand that it might sound crazy. Maybe it kind of is,” she reasoned quietly, scanning the sky.

Seafoam eyes clipped back to him when he mentioned that she was a big speck. It almost made her feel... important. Like maybe she wasn’t a complete failure. Maybe she had redeemable qualities about her.

”Thank you,” she said, a small smile of her own crossing her maw. This conversation reminded her of the first time she met Odin, over half a year ago. But that one was... playful and fun. This one had more serious undertones than pretend sacrifices to gods and sparkling stones. But the conversation they were having now felt more important, somehow. More soul-searching or some shit.

The little wolf let out a soft sigh when they looked back at the sky again. ”I can’t prove it or anything. But it’s what I believe in,” she murmured, looking over at the dark agouti man beside her. ”Could be countless worlds where wolves just like you and me are talking right now. Looking up at the same stars... except we’re a distant planet to them. There are endless possibilities.”

He went on to talk about mistakes, and Kip lowered her ears a bit. ”I hope that any other me’s out there would be smarter than I am,” she remarked truthfully, looking away from his mismatched gaze to stare at the stars once more. For some reason or another, she felt that her next words were important.

”Mavis,” she said aloud, to test the word for the first time in almost a year. ”My name is Mavis.”
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
You encounter three coyotes marking a nearby tree.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
S for swearing
ps. don't feel the need to match length!
aleister vuesain
and now its you who's floored by fear of it all

She admitted her ideas may have sounded crazy and there was a possibility they really were. Surprisingly, her words made him feel a little relieved that she saw some logic in her story. That she knew it sounded so far-fetched, it was hard to believe. She wasn't going to shove her ideas down his throat and try to make him believe them. Her own slight doubt made him believe in the theory a little more.

Unexpectedly, the nomad made the pale girl smile with his big speck comment, his own smirk lasting a little longer than usual as their gazes clashed again. It was nice to be in someone's company and not feel pressured to keep up the small talk which always seemed to be the norm for the introvert. Their conversation came easy, like they were just old friends meeting up again.

Her answer was identical to his. I hope for that too. Aleister said simply. He didn't know if he would change everything that had happened throughout his life, but he wished he would have been smarter about it. Perhaps if he had visited his parents and family, told them he was doing alright by himself, his family wouldn't be so torn apart. Aleister wouldn't have been dubbed the deserter son. After all, he didn't mean to be a deserter or a coward for not coming back, Al feared the disappointment and anger from his family. So he chose to ignore it, try to forget about it and then. But now look where that go him.

The pale girl then introduced herself as Mavis, a meek smile crossing his lips at the name. I'm Aleister. He couldn't know the significance of how she introduced herself, though he noted how unique and smooth her name could roll of his tongue. Once his own name left his lips, his tawny ears picked up a noise close to them, bi colored eyes scanning to find the origin. Three coyotes were just east of the trail the two of them were on, marking along a shrub. Confused as to why they were marking so close to two wolves baffled him, but he was about to just simply ignore them until one of them, the largest of the three turned to look him straight in the eyes.

Mismatched eyes narrowing as he lifted from the ground and onto all fours to scare the vermin away. Pearly whites of the Vuesain man were flashed but the coyotes didn't budge or run, instead the three of them showed him their yellow rotted teeth as they approached the wolves in a defiant battleline. Uhhhh, you seeing this Mavis? Aleister has never seen coyotes not run when he rose to his feet in challenge. They were always just pesky vermin that could be scared away by a simple snarl even in numbers like this. Coyotes were normally scared shitless of wolves, but apparently not these ones. No not these ones.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 06:42 PM by Aleister.)