(See All?) Announcements
610 Users Online
Google, Mouseling, Bing

Somebody's watching — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

The Keep wolf did his best to reason with her. She had only her inferences to go on to give her a clue as to why - trying to keep the peace, probably - but as he continued on despite her annoyance, dismissiveness, and bitterness, she had to hand it to him; he wasn't going to give up, was he?

She gave him a sideways glance, a smirking grin playing at her lips. "You're hopeless, you know," she poked, a little more lightheartedly than before.

Side by side, the two of them gave the band of coyotes their best attempts to deter them from coming any closer, to keep the situation from escalating. As their growling and snarling echoed through the darkened forest and the air between the trunks of the silver-lined tree trunks, she wondered if the sound of the face off would draw any of her pack mates to investigate. For a moment the coyotes seemed to be rethinking their approach. The lot of them hadn't moved any closer, but they obviously weren't happy about the wolves standing their ground. The closest to her snarled viciously, snapping its narrow jaws in her direction, a string of saliva hanging grotesquely from its lips.

Ears pinned to her head, Lyanna returned the threatening gesture by lunging forward without delay. Her chest puffed out and her tail waved above her like a battle flag as she closed her jaws over most of its ugly face before shaking with every pound of weight she had. Blood gushed in her mouth, dribbling out of the corners as something popped. The coyote's shriek was shrill.

Ugh. It tasted disgusting, salty, even. Releasing her hold and shuffling back a step or two, she found some satisfaction despite her inconvenience from this as one of her victim's eyes seemed to hang and ooze from the orbit. It turned on its heels and stole into the woods as quickly as it had appeared in the first place.

Played by Kai who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER
I don't believe in no devil,'cause I done raised this hell

His hard work had paid off and the woman had come to join him, he did offer her an appreciative smile. Though he could could see how this might benefit the keep wolves if this girl was an honest one. Ramiel for his part felt confident that she was in all of his powers of being able to judge another's character. He did chuckle at her words finding them and the smirk that went along with them humorous.

He shrugged, “I like to think of it as more persistence,” he said of course that didn't mean he didn't consider her words. Perhaps she was right, he might just be hopeless.

In that moment like many other things it didn't matter because they had much bigger problems or problem rather to deal with. She stood beside him as they faced the three. Ramiel was so confident on the inside that they could face this band of coyote's. He didn't show it on the outside, he knew better than that, if he showed worry she would be worried. No Ramiel gathered himself keeping the aggressive appearance as he stepped forward to face the snarling and growling fiends.

The girl, for her part surprised him by lunging forward and taking one of the coyotes by the face. That was when he decided that she was just a little spitfire and that was all there was to it. He didn't stay still long enough to see the struggle between her and the vermin though. She had it's face, what could possibly go wrong?

Ramiel went after the one closest to him with all of it's snarling glory, yeah it wasn't doing that much longer. He lunged, it tried to run and Ramiel wasn't having any of that. The young Archer pounced on the lesser canine. He wrestled with it for a moment before getting a grip on it's throat. It unfortunately wasn't the kill grip but it did enough damage before he was pulled off by the coyotes friends. His target was left bleeding profusely and running off into the forest.

Ramiel once again joined the girl at her side his own heaving as he panted. “Two down, more to go,” he said with raised brow. The question was would they be trying to fight the rear of them or running.

Table by Grey
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

It soon became apparent that the pair of them weren't going to have much trouble with the coyotes after all - thankfully. No sooner than she'd gauged an eye out of the one, the dark boy wasted no time in snatching the second up by the throat in a notable display. Like the first, the wounded vermin skedaddled right off into the forest, bleeding all the way.

She went after the one that gotten ahold of the stranger for e moment, arcing her body to circle around behind it before latching on to the flesh of its rump with a tearing, weighty tug before snatching up its leg and yanking it out from under. The coyote flipped to fall on its side before she managed to get in one last strike to its soft underbelly, before very narrowly escaping its attempt to bite her face. Not today. The thing scrambled to its feet and tore off in the same direction as the first two, and the one coyote left took a look at its adversaries, shuffled backward a few steps, and turned on its heels to make a timely escape.

For now, the wolves had proved victorious.

With a good riddance snort, she glanced over to the Keep wolf as her sides rose and fell. "-Guess they bit off more than they could chew," she breathed. She supposed it was their lucky day. Or something like that.

With the threat dissolved, the two of them could get back down to business. Having taken out the bulk of her aggression on the band of vile scavengers, she was plum out of anger now. And a bit tired. The whole ordeal was more than she'd really wanted to attend to, and now all she wanted was a long drink and to curl up in the safety and dark quiet of her den. "Look - I don't really care about what your brother did. It was uncalled for, but obviously I'm going to be just fine. Can't say he and I will ever be amiable, but." The look about her was resigned. "And as for how our little tiff will affect the dynamic between out packs - it's not up to either of us. Our Leaders will hash it out as they see fit, I'm sure there is actually not much we can do about it. Happy?"

She didn't want to go on and on about it. Lyanna would be content to let it rest, leave it in the past. After all, it wasn't his brother who could've killed her, but the wretched trip back home afterward. Obviously she couldn't make any promises, but she could let it go, and she was. Wasn't that good enough?

Played by Kai who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER
I don't believe in no devil,'cause I done raised this hell

He was going to have some explaining to do once he returned to the Keep. Ramiel doubted he could stay hidden from Nin while the injury he’d received. He'd been successful in sending one if the Coyotes off into the forest. The yearling didn't know if the one he'd left bleeding would succumb to his injury or not but he really hoped it did.

The one who had had tried to pull him off the other had been tugged off him by Lyanna preventing him from anymore wounds. As he turned he caught the end of her struggle with the coyote. That left just one that he rounded on but before he could even launch an attack it was gone, following it's comrades into the forest. Leaving him and the want to bask in their victory over them.

The Archer shook out his coat before turning to face her as she spoke, “It looks that way. It also seems we make a very good team.”

Now that they were alone again they could pick up where they were so rudely interrupted. Ramiel certainly wasn't sorry for what they had done to the coyotes after that. He was ready to catch up with Nin and Judas hoping that neither of them would question where he'd been or how he'd gotten injured. The edge female started talking again, Ramiel let her say her peace before speaking. “Well for what's it's worth I'm glad your going to be fine. As for what my brother did...well it's not what I would have done and I won't make excuses for it either. What happens between you and my brother isn't my concern. I do hope that our packs can learn to work together but you are right that is between our alphas. I am glad that we could end this on good terms.” At least it seemed better terms than her and Judas.

Ramiel looked in the direction of the keep before looking back to her, “I have kept you out late enough and should probably be getting back. Thanks for the help with them,” he said gesturing in the direction the coyotes had run off in. It was the help she'd given that was the reason he was being as kind to her as he was then. “It's Ramiel by the way,” he added quickly.

Table by Grey
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

As much as she'd initially wanted to leave the wolf - Ramiel, he'd said his name was - for the coyotes to pick over, in the end she was content with her decision not to. Unlike his brother, he seemed alright, she supposed. Lyanna heard him out, taking his words at face value as the adrenaline of their encounter and run-in with the coyotes they'd managed to send off into the night scathed began to fade. All in all, she was rather tired now - ready to plop down in the cozy, private confines of her den. Wrapping this up on as much of a positive note as possible seemed like a good way to end a long day for the both of them.

"Maybe we do after all, huh?" Make a good team, she implied with a resigned, amiable smirk. "I'm Lyanna, Ramiel. As much as it pains me to say it to a Keep wolf, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." And it did feel incredibly against the grain, even if their dynamic seemed to be a fine one.

Thankfully, it seemed he wouldn't keep her any longer, not that he was necessarily bad company or anything. "Consider it all water under the bridge, as far as I'm concerned. I hope you have an easy and safe journey home, and watch out for those coyotes, you hear?" She offered him a warm, weary smile, looking him over a final time before turning on her heels and slipping into the shadows of the Edge.

{end}