(See All?) Announcements
521 Users Online
Google, Bing

If the shoe fits — Velo en Cascada 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Kerberos sorry this took longer than I thought it would. It's mid-afternoon clear and warm.

you fill my head with pieces

of a song i can't get out

Inna had left her son, she only planned to be gone a few hours at most. They needed to eat and Orionis was still too young yet to he hunting. She however planned to start his training soon enough and she was sure her son would do well. He was such a good boy, she couldn't have asked for better. Before leaving she'd left him with strict instructions in case of danger. They'd remained near the surge but not too close to crowd the pack. With the coyotes still having great numbers in the lore she wanted to keep her son in a safe place.

Still she couldn't ask Lachesis for food or shelter so she had to set out and find something for herself and her son. The Raven had left early traveling through the forest in search of a rabbit or some other small pretty that would be sufficient to fill both their bellies. She'd already caught one rabbit and had buried it so she  could retrieve it later.

Now she was looking for another and that would be plenty she was sure, maybe even more than enough. She stopped for a moment to scent the air and search the ground for a fresh trail so she'd know where to go next.

Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel
she's the beast in my bones
she gets everything she wants

He squinted in the daylight, used to lurking the shadows at night. Even the cloak of smoke and clouds lately had been helpful but suddenly everything was so clear. Yet he spotted a break in the normal shrouded falls so he aimed for it. A place to hide out until sunset when he could more comfortably roam. His lifestyle as a hermit was not traditional but it was working for him.

Of course there would be something that stopped him though. A dark figure, a familiar smell kissed with something new. Her scent lacked the spring perfume but instead gave off the telltale signs of motherhood. Could it really be her? Kerberos thought he would never want to see her again but so much had changed since before he told her to stay out of his life. Like a weasel he'd worm his way towards her and perhaps into her life if she did not strike him down like every woman before her.

Runi... He cooed softly as he rounded a tree a few yards from her. It would have been a romantic scene (rocky terrain with a gentle waterfall, almost picture perfect) for better lovers.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna paused in her hunt to glance up at the sky, only a couple of hours had passed since she'd left him. She worried more about him with the coyotes in lore than if they hadn't been there at all. She pressed on wanting to find a second rabbit for their meal as quickly as possible so she could get back to Orionis. She even had thoughts of heading back to check on him but she didn't want to leave him a second time that day.

The Raven had entered a place she couldn't ever remember visiting before, surely she would remember the waterfall. The thought that maybe she and Ori could stay there for a bit was interrupted by the sound of her name. Not her actual name but the one she gave now to those that didn't know her. The voice was familiar though like a distant memory. It was much gentler than the memory and when she turned in search of the one who had spoken that name she found him.

“I thought I'd never see you again,” she said without maliciousness on her tone, "You're far from home.” She couldn't help but wonder what had lead him here, was he looking for her and Ori.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
feel free to have her notice the deer or not (:
kerberos rigel

He chuckled softly at her words. It's not home anymore. I don't belong anymore. His shoulders offered a soft shrug and a twinge of pain ran through him at the memory of old wounds that never properly healed. And you're far from where we first met. Kerberos didn't hide the twitch of his nose as he inhaled her scent. He dared to take a few steps closer but was mindful to watch for her reaction to his movements.

For a moment in time, only the soft sound of water filled his ears. It was calming, relaxing and peaceful but he had not been any of those things in his recent history. Care to catch me up on what's happened in your life? A dark brow raised above curious yellow eyes. He motioned with his nose to the secluded place behind the falls in case she was interested in somewhere more private.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

All those months ago he'd asked her to stay away and she had. Going on with her life, having a son and raising him and even though they lived outside of a pack she from she did well by Ori. The last thing she expected was his father to come back into their life yet there he was. His tone when he spoke, the way he chuckled at what she'd said. Something was different which was made more clear at what he'd said. “I understand how that can feel.” She'd been there herself only a year ago.

Even though she'd loathed the idea of leaving Hearthwood she knew it wasn't her home anymore. The pack leaving had only forced her paw and given her a life that had made her much happier. The chance to let old wounds heal. She smiled and looked at her paws, “It took me a while to find a place to give birth but I finally decided on a place not far from here. With the coyote's lurking about I thought it best to stay where it's familiar."

She took notice of the twitch of his nose but more noticable were the steps he'd taken toward her. Inna remained where she was having never been afraid of him or angry with him.

As he asked her about catching up she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye. Her head turned to see the fawn all alone but then she turned back to Kerb. Her son should know his father if that was what the man wanted. The Raven was torn between the fawn and finding out if Ori would learn who his father was. In the end she decided she could get the fawn later or there would be others. She accepted his invitation, “We can talk there,” she said before moving to the space behind the falls.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

The Rigel chewed on the inside of his cheek at her words. She had given birth, did that mean nothing had gone wrong? Or were they just working their way up to tragic news? With his luck, he'd bet the latter.

He did not speak further and instead slipped off towards the hidden area after Runi's ebony figure. Kerberos would tuck himself against the cool stone wall. There was plenty of room for her to settle down but while Kerberos was interested in learning about their time apart, he could only hope she would not get too close to him for he was still not feeling the whole touchy-feely thing. With anyone.

Yellow eyes locked onto her features, keen to stay silent and let her share what she wanted to. He would only speak once he thought it was time again.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She had good news and bad news for him but that could wait until they were settled into a more private venue. He followed her into the space behind the falls and settled against the wall. Inna took up a place across from him, though his demeanor had changed she didn't want to get too close until she knew what he wanted.

Her remained quiet which she took to be her cue to speak. She took a breath and began, “I traveled around for a bit looking for a good place to give birth to our pups and I spoke with Ravenna and an old friend about the plants I would need. I wanted to make preparations before they came. In the end I ended up here in the north in a forest I knew very well. I put together a cache for food so I wouldn't have to go far right after and I had the plants I needed, the den was cozy, it was perfect. Then the day came the first pup was a boy healthy as could be but the second.” Inna paused and looked down at her paws, “She didn't make it Kerb,” she said quietly looking back up at him. “But almost immediately after we were attacked by coyotes and forced to flee from the den. It was lucky that some friends showed up and took care of them and then one of them helped me to sunrise ridge. There I raised our son until he could travel and since then we've been staying in the area around the lake where it's safer.”

She may have lost their daughter but she had raised a good son who happy and healthy. She would always love her daughter but it helped to focus on Orionis. “Don't want to tell me about what's been going on with you?” She asked because she was rather curious and it was only fair he share too.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

Their pups. Plural and still his in some way. His ears leaned forward as the story went on (entirely grateful Ravenna had helped, which he made a mental note of) and he was intent on hearing all of it.

A healthy son caused a soft twitch of his lips upwards but it was wiped away when a more somber mood fell upon them. Her words sent a shiver down his spine, an icy look cascading his face as his yellow eyes stared at the damp stone beneath them. He couldn't help but think of Lacey and how she had gone missing at such a young age. Was he entirely doomed in the female department? Cursed to ruin lovers and daughters? His thoughts had drifted elsewhere for the end of her story but he had caught on that she was still raising their son. Nothing had happened to him. It gave him a feeling of hope that he hadn't had in a long time.

Became fairly hated and seen as untrustworthy, stepped down from leading. Tried to just leave and ended up hurting myself so I stayed around to heal myself up with the help of one of my only friends left. Once I was good again I left. Was tired of the stares and the general atmosphere I had somehow created. His eyes looked somewhere in the distance as if he might see through the waterfall's wall. Got here somehow and I'm not sure what to do now. You got a plan you want to let me in on, Runi?

(This post was last modified: Aug 13, 2018, 06:14 PM by Kerberos.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna did wish her daughter had survived and that they hadn't been attacked by coyotes. Over all though the past months had passed and she couldn't say she would change any of it. More and more she knew that being on her own was the right thing for her. She was healing and Ori was helping with that and most of all she didn't feel like she was going crazy anymore. She couldn't help but wonder what running into Kerb again would mean for her and their son. First she needed to know what had happened to him in the months since and she needed to know where he stood.

She listened as he described what had happened to him. As he spoke more and more she felt some level of understanding toward his situation. If she wasn't imagining it she felt as though in some ways it mirrored what had happened to her. “It seems leaving was for the best for both of us.” And maybe things happened for a reason, maybe this was his chance to get to know his son without worry. She chuckled when he asked about plan, “For now I am planning to stay close to a pack I know around the lake. For safety reasons in case the coyotes try to attack us. We've been lucky so far but luck runs out.“ and she was waiting for that day to come. “Other than that I want to show Ori the lore and let him explore. What do you want for your life right now Kerb?”