Bing, Google

You are my kin — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

"Died in a forest fire"

Those words echoed in her head as once again her face having a shocked expression. This couldnt be happening could it? Had her brother survived and had a life? Silver orbs became wet as tears began to flow. Despite the water in her eyes Moonshadow wore a smile on her face. Her brother had survived and lived his life, found love like she did and also had children. Remaining silent she was probably beginning to freak Vaken out as she stared off into space. She was processing the news of her brother surviving but at the same time, the news of his passing.

With her thoughts finally slowing she looked to her nephew "Im sorry dear" she apologized with a small smile. "This is just a lot to take in. Your father is my brother..." she trailed off wanting to see how he would react. What were the chances that she would stumble upon him?

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The yearling didn’t understand what she had said right away. He starred at her, puzzled, his face contorting in denial. It took him a few moments to catch his breath and accept her words. Instantly he began to look over her features, searching for pieces of his father in her. Vaken knew he took nothing from Nashoba in his genetics. He was a carbon copy of his mother, but the shape of the larger male was reflected in the size of Moonshadow, in the darkness of her pelt. His face stayed painfully concentrated on her. “How?” He whispered. He was usually skeptical, naturally pessimistic, but there was such a similarity between his father and the lady. He would have been a fool to deny it.

So instead, he kept his mouth firmly shut. It was a difficult pill to swallow but he was trying, he just needed time. He wasn’t sure how much time, but eventually joy would replace the shock, right? He fumbled for the right things to say. “I knew there had to be others,” he added under his breath, stomping his paw in proud relief. “How many others are there?”

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Silver orbs watched as the yearling did his own processing, being decently similar to her own. Vaken concentrated on her trying to find any similarities as he breathed how. That was the same question ringing in the matriarch ears. She blinked her eyes dry as more moments of silence passed between the newly found relatives. A small laugh came from her inky maw as the boy proclaimed that he need there had to be more of his father's family out there with a proud stomp of his paw. "Yer grandparents had two litters of four before the fire" she explained the words feeling foreign on her tongue. @Chan hadn't really asked about her side of the family, and she didnt talk about them for the same reason that her older brother hadn't.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The yearling didn’t know what he had been expecting to hear, but it hadn’t been that. Nashoba had such a large family, two whole litters? He blinked away the surprise. How many were out there- thinking the same way his father had? Was it just Nashoba and Moonshadow who had survived, or were there others? He let out a heavy, staggered exhale. He had so many questions, but it was hard to vocalize any of the thoughts entering his head. 

He closed his gaping mouth, squinting towards her border. “This is a lot to take in,” he sighed, taking a step back. It was clear he was overwhelmed, hurting a little bit. He missed his father, and this woman was a fresh reminder. He had been so desperate to find family, and now she was here and he was scared. “I should go,” he stammered, becoming frantic with the news.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She better than anyone else could understand that this was a lot to take in, "It is" she agreed quietly. While she was excited and happy she also had to process not only the news of having more family but to also mourn her brother who is now really gone. She followed his gaze to the border and felt that she had more than enough reason to allow him into her home. So when he said he should go her breath hitched. "I understand ya need time alone and that's fine, but would ya please come in the borders with me? So that ya dont have to worry 'bout those coyotes while ya process this?" Moon looked into the boys yellow eyes with a pleading gaze. She wasnt going to be able to just let him go off and be in danger.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: short reply, but possibly fade after your reply?

Hesitantly, the boy nodded his shaggy head. He was feeling so many emotions but she was right, the border would drive the coyotes away. He didn’t want to deal with his emotions and thoughts along with those vermin. It would be too much. Sleeping inside her territory would offer him safety, and though he wouldn’t admit it- comfort. He had wanted family so badly and now here she was.

He smiled, faintly and took a step back towards her border. “I will,” he agreed. It was the right thing to do, for everyone involved. He took another step, then waited for her to lead the way.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Sounds good to me archived :)

She was relieved that he had agreed to stay within the borders her silver tail swished behind her. She stood as Vaken took a step towards the borders and gave her pelt a good shake. Moon moved to his side and brushed up against his flank so that if anyone came upon him they would smell her (or at least she hoped). She gave his shoulder a nudge in hopes to comfort him some before heading towards the border. The pair made their way into the Cove and once over the border Moon looked back to her nephew with a smile. "Just call if ya need me" she offered with another swish of her tail. He was family, she would always be there for him now. With that the dark woman trotted off towards the heart of the cove.

-Fade-