800 Users Online
Google, Bing

You are my kin — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 900 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Starts out a ways from the borders before moving to them. @Vaken set right after their first thread

Large dark paws thundered across the rocky terrain as the Cove queen ran to catch up with the yearling. He had a pretty good head start on her but that was okay. Soon enough the black and brown form of Vaken came into view and Moon slowed until she was walking with at a slow pace. Panting heavily she tried her best to slow her breathing enough to talk. Finally able to do so she looked at the boy. "Satisfied?" she asked between pants. The wounds on her flank began to sting but she ignored it for a moment. He wanted to fight to prove what? And then just run? Clearly he needed some guidance. Running into something like that blindly could get him killed.

Word Count: 000
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Was he in the best condition? No. Was he mature enough to admit his mistakes? Also no. The yearling trotted towards pack territory with his head low, fairly timid, panting. He could smell the stench of other wolves heavy in the breeze and it jolted him. It put him on edge, but he didn’t have a choice. There was a stinging on his stomach where the coyote had kicked him, but he wasn’t dripping blood. The most the creature had done was offer a small cut. It wasn’t the greatest feeling, but the yearling barely noticed it. He had grown accustomed to battle injuries this summer.

Things had not gone according to plan. The yearling had been reckless and impulsive in his decisions. He didn’t feel embarrassed about having to run away, or guilty for getting the woman into a fight he had so cowardly escaped from. It was all natural to him. 

When she caught up to him, he kept his pace equal to hers. It was instinct for him to run as quick as possible at all times, but he needed to follow her lead. She knew where she was going better than he did. He wasn’t about to race into pack territory without her by his side, oh no, he knew how that would end. He looked over at her coyly, his eyes narrowed. Did she look familiar?

He wasn’t sure. He moved his gaze forward and continued to run, keeping his mouth shut.

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her question went unanswered which only caused a snort of air to be pushed out of her nostrils. The clear marker of the cove filled her lungs as she came to a stop a good distance away from it. She got her breathing under control and looked at the boy. "So we're gonna chat before I take ya into my home" Her tone was firm but not unkind. She needed to get to know Vaken before she allowed him into pack territory.

(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2018, 07:42 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The boy abruptly stopped outside pack territory, glancing at Moonshadow with inquisitive eyes. After a few moments of silence, he nodded his head. “Okay,” he said finally, accepting the deal. There wasn’t much he could say about himself. He had no secrets, was no impending threat to her pack. He took a seat where he was standing, his rear hitting the ground softly. He nodded again, as if really coming to terms with it this time. 
 “What do ya need to know?” He was all ears. He was willing to play by her rules now that he didn’t have any other option. He didn’t mind being open about himself, if that’s all it took. “Go for it, shoot.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2018, 08:03 PM by Vaken.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

Large dark haunches also found their way to the ground her silver dusted tail swept the ground coming to rest next to her hind leg. She was pleased to hear the yearling agree to finally talk. "Lets start with a name yeah?" She smiles her tone losing its strictness becoming more inquisitive. "Im Moonshadow Eastfall" she started figuring she could lead by example.

(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2018, 08:34 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The small boy let the name bounce around in his head a little before finally opening his mouth. “Moonshadow Eastfall,” he repeated, affirming the name to himself. He attached it to the lady easily, a fitting name. He liked it. It was a strong name that matched the kindness and beauty in her movements. He pawed at the dirt with his front left paw, creating a little puff of dust. His tail slightly twitched behind him against the ground, sliding with a little sloosh now and again. 

When she asked his name, the boy didn’t hesitate. That was the easiest question to answer. “I am Vaken Svart.” The words came out strong, but not proud or boisterous. He was just stating the truth, like the sky was blue. He didn’t care that she wanted to know his name, that made sense. He was almost shocked they hadn’t exchanged names already. “Is that all?”

Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her small smile widened ever so slightly as the boy repeated her name. "Im Vaken Svart" she liked the ring of that and interesting name for an interesting wolf. Then he asked if that was all and a chuckle came from her dark maw. "Its a start dear" She said with an easy sway of her tail. "How about ya tell me a bit about yerself. What brought ya to the lore?" Moon was a naturally inquisitive wolf but she had to be for more than just her own curiosity. She had not only her children to protect but also @Kajika's children and everyone else in the pack. But so far despite his stubbornness Moon felt confident she could help him relax.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken paused, unsure of how to even begin. His face was fairly blank, concentrated on her words. He understood why she was asking questions, but that didn’t make it easier. He was having a tough time deciding what was worth saying. Should he explain everything, or keep it short and sweet? Her question came with a loaded answer, one he wasn’t quite comfortable expressing fully. He pressed his lips together in a tight line before returning his gaze to Moonshadow. “My father died,” he softly stated. “That’s why I came here.”

"I was close with him- kind of.” His forehead creased. “His name was Nashoba, and then my mom- Cota- she,” he stumbled over his words, struggling to piece together his story. "Well, she’s fine without me.” Maybe even better off. It wasn’t too painful to talk about, but it wasn’t easy. He felt ridiculous, all woe-is-me. He swished his tail behind him. “Now I’m here,” he murmured.

(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2018, 09:34 PM by Vaken.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

{ooc] Here we go XD[/ooc]

The question was loaded she knew that. For some it was easy and for others not so much. Her reason was easier now that so much time has gone by but at first? She just said she was separated from her pack, not that they all had perished...or so she thought.

Vaken explained that his father had passed away and her demeanor went from happy to sorrowful. She was empathic for his loss. He said he was sort of close with him but what he said next she would have never guessed. "Nashoba"  her eyes widened in shock had she been a person her face would have gone white.  Everything else the yearling said was lost upon the dark woman she stared blankly at him as her world whirled around her.

There was no way that his father was her brother. Not possible. They had died in that fire. That scent she came across...no. No, no ,no. They were gone, he was gone.

Shaking herself back to reality she looked at the boy who very well could be her blood, her nephew. "I am so sorry for ya loss dear. I dont mean to pry either. But did yer father have any family?" She had to know. Was it the same man? Did the rest of her family survive?

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: there it is!!! !! Ahhhh

The change in the women’s demeanour was lost on him. He didn’t pick up on her tone, the shock on her features. He had been too focused on his own thoughts to really comprehend what she was looking for, the urgency in her question. He was usually clever, quick to understand, but in this moment he was naive. He had no sense of social behaviours and what her attitude could mean. “Hm? Oh,” the boy cracked a smile. “Wouldn’t I like to know? He never told me himself. He kept quiet.” He sighed longing, reminiscing about the past. “Mom told me something once- said they had died in a forest fire.” He fell silent for a second, not for dramatic emphasis, but because he was trying to truly remember. “I’m not sure if she was telling the truth, or just trying to get me to stop asking.”

He figured it didn’t matter, not anymore at least.