I guess I'll never learn — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
and with a spark its going to be

Her son as her side questioned the loner then, why he was off on his own and not part of a pack, with family and friends. Life would always be hard at times though it was less so with others to share the burden with. Having been a part of such a large and formidable family, the Archer-Lyall couldn't imagine life without a pack being very glamorous and fulfilling.

The loner tipped his dark face up into her direction to offer a sheepish expression before turning his attention back down to the golden boy. He wanted to live wild and free, without anyone to answer to, without a specific location he had to stay around, without anyone or anything holding him back. Ravenna listened carefully to the words of the loner, working her pale gaze between him and her son.

She would smirk and her attention placed back onto the youth before her, battered and worn. Would he one day be forced to settle down or would he let his need from freedom get the best of him and falter on his own? Only the Gods knew. "I'll have to wish you luck then for the winter to come if you remain on your own..." The silver Amazon spoke. Many loners either broke down and joined a pack or died when the winter came. "How long have you been traveling?" She spoke curiously and then, realizing... "Oh, excuse me...my name is Ravenna Archer-Lyall. I am Lead to the pack just north of here. " The least she could do was introduce herself while she and her son gave him the twenty questions.

the biggest fire they've ever seen
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2018, 08:36 PM by Ravenna.)

Played by Vami who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ragnar Stormborn

Ragnar was politely silent as he listened to the stranger speak. He plopped down on his rump at his mother's side, leaning into her forelimb as he took in the information with much obvious interest, pale eyes dancing over the stranger. His mouth pulled to the side, a brow furrowing as he finished. "Maybe..." He spoke at first as he pawed at the ground. "But I can eat first now and lift my tail." He spoke and as he did so, lifted onto all four paws again and lifted his little tail high in the sky as though to prove to the stranger as such. Perhaps Ragnar was missing something here...

Falling down again onto a sit, he listened to his mother speak up, wishing him luck especially in the winter to come. His mother held back less so then Leotie did, speaking the truth of how cruel winter could be and how careful one must be during it. Wolves were strong, stronger then most in the forests and stronger even more so as a unit. But they were not stronger then the forces of nature.

"I'm Ragnar." He spoke after his mother formally introduced himself. Ragnar had never introduced himself like that before, with his long and drawn out full name, not like he had to. With a middle name, two potential names from his fathers and two passed down from his mother it was kind of hard to keep up with. He just wanted to be Ragnar. He wanted to be himself. "One day I'll splore... But mom says I have to wait till I'm older and stronger. But it would be no fun by yourself I think, without someone to play and splore with..." Maybe one day Ragnar could explore with him? After all, he seemed to know how to handle himself out my himself and with all those coyotes around.

Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Mention of the upcoming winter made the yearling grimace in denial. He did not want to think about the harsh winter. He knew he would struggle to survive. It was a difficult thing to admit to himself, but he knew his exploring days would be over if the cold became too much. He’d have to join a pack. He didn’t want to, but it was better than dying. He could always take leave again in the summer. He sighed, a frown weighing down his face, before perking back up. “Vaken Svart,” he replied, replaying her name in his mind. He had met so many wolves, it was usually hard to remember something as specific as names. 

There was something unique about these wolves though, something he figured he wouldn’t forget. Maybe it was the innocence in the child, or the glamour of his mother. Either way, the yearling was enjoying their company. When the pup spoke, he turned his attention to him and listened intently. A smile spread over his features, his nose wiggling slightly and eyes lightening. Of course the child got to eat first, got to show dominant behaviours, he was still young. The rude awakening of hierarchy would happen soon. It had happened to Vaken. “Waiting is a good idea,” he admitted, especially with the coyotes. A pup so small would be in a great deal of danger trying to wander off. 

“I have been travelling my entire life,” he added. “It is not so easy when you’re small.” He glanced over the size of the boy with his eyes, reminiscing about his own youth. “My family never had the numbers for a pack. We struggled a lot, moved around." He rose to his feet, stretching out his tail by swinging it side to side. He had never learned how to live in a pack, and it showed. He didn’t have it quite figured out, but it didn’t bother him.

He darted his eyes around, scooping out the area mindlessly. He was growing restless, ready to move. “Maybe I’ll see you around then Ragnar,” he concluded, offering the pup a playful head nod. He liked the boy. He really did hope to bump into him one day, when he was older. He stepped away from the pair, offering them the flower meadow. It was time for him to leave.

Vaken's Exit (unless stopped)
I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2018, 09:15 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
and with a spark its going to be

Ravenna took in the name of the stranger which settled himself here in the meadows outside of the sparce where her home rested. A loner which she learned posed no threat to the children in her pack. He was but a youth having left his group in order to venture off on his own and most young men had done before him and, one day, likely Ragnar himself would do too. It was a concept which saddened the mother but once she had long ago come to understand.

From the information which the young wolf said, he had never been in a pack. That his family was small, likely just two wolves who had decided to breed for the spring though didn't have any followers to create a pack for their new family. A hard life, a foolish and selfish decison on their part.

After this he lifted off the ground, saying he would see Ragnar sometime again but decided to make his way off and leave the mother and pup to their business. He seemed to like the pup, which relaxed the mother futher. If she saw this stranger around again she would make note that he was good company. "Come on Ragnar, how's about a rematch?"

the biggest fire they've ever seen

Played by Vami who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ragnar Stormborn

The stranger confirmed that waiting to travel was a good idea, proving that it wasn't just a protective mother and protective family-pack members which thought this. Vaken said he had been wondering around all his life, that it was hard on a pup and his word meant a lot seeing as he knew exactly what it was like. He couldn't imagine traveling all his life, having no home to come back to after a long journey. Having no where safe to rest without having to worry about being attacked while sleeping, someone stealing your food or trouble tending to wounds if you got hurt... Vaken's must have been quite a strong and determined wolf to do something like that. Perhaps hardheaded and foolish too.

"See ya." Ragnar said as the loner decided to take his leave, wonder off as he did naturally. Perhaps to find food, perhaps to find shelter for the night... Either way the child's attention turned away from him the moment his mother spoke, stating a claim of play. His tail waved and he darted off. "Your on!"

END.