(See All?) Announcements
371 Users Online
Google, Bing

The best of two worlds — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The sun was starting to set over the mountainside, casting the long shadows down over the Tarn. Daesamar had just returned from hunting, his lungs burned from the effort. A hare hung in his jaws, swaying as he nearly bounced with every step in satisfaction. He was sore, but not sad. It was that satisfying kind of soreness, from a job well down.

There was a lot going on behind the young wolf’s smile though, he had been trying to put this off as long as he could, but now was the time, he had to talk to someone. @Lyanna had been on the young wolf’s mind almost daily now. No matter how hard he tried to distract himself, he missed her. The few nights they spent together had been the best of his life. It may be an exaggeration to say, but he felt like it was true. Laying the hare down between his paws he raised his muzzle to the sky and called for @Cheedo.

He went over what he wanted to say inside of his head. His loyalty was growing divided, but there were so many unknowns as well. Could he really leave the Tarn? Would Lyanna’s pack even accept him? Was this really love? The confusion and turmoil were real and at times it left Daesamar feeling nauseous to even think about. CHeedo had always been a good wolf to talk to, and nothing was set in stone for him yet. He just needed to talk to someone. So, he settled down onto his haunches, closing his eyes and exhaling softly while he waited.
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The tawny woman found herself at the edge of the water watching the sun set over the mountain. It was a good way to end the day after border patrols and hunting. She remained ever vigilant of the coyote problem that was still present. Signs that they were in the forest were all around but they had yet to cross the borders, she was thankful for that. For the time being things were quiet in the tarn which was something else she could get grateful for.

Cheedo had a lot of adjusting to do now that she had stepped up to take leadership of the pack. She knew what kind of opportunity it was but it still saddened her that Piety needed to step down. She worried about the former alpha but also felt that maybe it would get good for her. She would now have the time to spend with her sons and maybe that would help her to be able to step back up at the leader of the Tarn, Cheedo just hoped she could keep things together until the day the pale woman returned to her rightful place.

Her ears perked when she heard the call for her. Immediately she recognized the voice to belong to Daes. This left the tawny woman curious about what the younger wolf wanted. She rose to her feet and trotted in the direction of the call not wanting to keep him waiting long. When she found him she noticed the hare at his feet before smiling at the boy. “What can I help you with today?” She asked taking up a sitting position across from him.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The large yearling closed his eyes, letting the sounds of the slow-growing night calm his tense and confused feelings. Thinking about the subject of what he should do filled him with a horrible, almost irrational guilt. Each breath caused a sharp prick of nervousness to claw at his heart. It felt as though he had to make some kind of drastic and life-altering decision right now instead of just waiting it out and seeing what could happen down the road. He groaned softly, at times he just wanted the feeling to disappear, almost regretting haven't even met Lyanna. At the same time though, he felt sickened by the idea of how he could turn out if they hadn’t crossed paths.

Thankfully, he wasn’t going to be left wondering about his youthful feelings for long. The first hint of his leader’s arrival was her scent carrying across the breeze. The yearling shifted as he opened his silver gaze, dipping his head as @Cheedo came closer and settled down. Swallowing, he gave a small shake of his head before nudging the hare forward. “Want to share it?” Once the question had gotten out, he looked toward his broad paws for a moment. “Cheedo...do you remember a while back when we talked about um…love and stuff?”
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo knew that part of being a leader was to answer her subordinates calls whenever they might come. She wanted to do well in her new position since Piety was trusting her with it. That was why she didn't hesitate when Daes called for her. Besides the young male had always been friendly toward her. She did know he was still learning so she wondered if he might have a hunting question for her or if it was something else. Maybe he needed to report something that was important for the pack to know. She had to admit that she was a little excited and nervous about dealing with a pack matter since she'd never had to on the leader side of it.

When she found him he had brought a hare with him but she was more concerned with him. Something seemed to be troubling him so she settled down and waited for him to explain what it was to her. She nodded, “I do,” she answered when he asked his question, “Is there something else you would like to know?” She asked unsure what this was about or if she could help since she'd not had much luck in the love department.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

The young wolf bit his tongue, fighting back the impulse to just blurt out that he wanted to know everything about it. He realized that he’d probably never be able to learn everything that had to do with love. At least though with Cheedo's age, he was positive that she had far more experience with the subject. How could he even phrase it? He had wondered off on occasion to visit a wolf from a different pack? Thinking about it even more caused that feeling of guilt to return.

Cheedo and the pack deserved better than what he had been offering, the sense of duty his mother had drilled into him had been clouded by the sudden blind passion. @Lyanna had almost become an obsession for the young wolf. He realized that it could become a problem, being away from her now, he realized that he couldn’t just uproot himself from the pack that had taken him in. It was utterly selfish and left him feeling sick. Mustering his thoughts he finally blurted it out “Yea, there’s someone I’ve met and um, I think I’m in love with her but I’m not sure at the same time. I’ve been seeing her once in a while when I’m suppose to be out hunting and because of it I’ve brought back little.” Once he finally got it out, the guilt felt oddly relieved. He had never lied about going to see her but the idea that he was giving less then his best and letting the others assume had been eating away at his conscious. “I’m sorry Cheedo, I really am.”

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Daes call had taken an interesting turn when he spoke of the talk they'd had about love. She couldn't help but wonder what he was going to ask her this time. He was a curious boy so perhaps he had more questions that needed to be answered. Whatever was in his mind the tawny woman waited patiently for him to elaborate on why he'd called her. She didn't want to push him but let him get it out at his own pace. She feared he might clam up and not say anything at all, that wasn't what she wanted. She was glad that he felt comfortable talking to her about these things and didn't want to ruin it by pushing too much.

He finally did speak, blurting out what was in his mind which took Cheedo back for a moment. She hadn't realized how much he'd been slacking in his duties to see this girl he spoke of. This wasn't good news but instead of getting angry with him she remained calm. It was clear he was looking for some reassurance or advice or both. “You understand that it isn't acceptable to shirk in your responsibilities for a girl, right?” She asked wanting to get that out of the way first. Next to address the fact that he felt he might be in love. “Do you think she feels the same?” It was an important question as was the next one, “What are you planning to do?” She shook her head at his apology, “Do better at providing for the pack and that will be apology enough.”

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The large yearling felt a huge weight lift from his chest as soon as the words left his mouth. Closing his eyes, he waited to see what Cheedo had to say about it. She was a fair wolf and the guilt had eaten away at him to the point of keeping him up at night. He wasn’t fearful of exile, that was a bit extreme but whatever was asked of him to do in order to make amends he’d do. He’d do it eagerly as well, in order to make up for what he had done.

“You understand that it isn't acceptable to shirk in your responsibilities for a girl, right?”

Daesamar nodded his head slowly, the more he thought about it the more he realized that it had even been a bit foolish. It left him asking himself, what would he be willing to do for someone that he liked? It looked like a dangerous road and he had gotten lucky so fae. @Lyanna was a good wolf and hadn’t nor would take advantage. Positive of that, he thought over how their friendship had been. She had been there at times when he needed her. That was good enough after she had stressed that she wasn’t looking for someone or reciprocated his feelings the way he had. Still, he didn’t want to admit it, he wanted to believe that it could happen, maybe one day.

“No….she just wants to be friends and I….” he paused to swallow and think, he didn’t want to blurt something out again without thinking about. “I’m ok with it though, This got a bit out of control for me. For what I plan to do, focus, I still have so much I need to learn in order to become a good healer.”
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Daes admitted something to her that was very personal to him and Cheedo didn't want to handle it the wrong way. As a leader now she realized that if she did it could cost her one of their members. She couldn't do that after Piety had trusted her with the pack so she remained calm and explained that what he'd done wasn't acceptable.

She was glad that he nodded to show he understood what she was telling him. With that out of the way they could get into what he'd really come to her for. It seemed that what he wanted was advice and a friend to talk to, she could give him both. So she'd asked how the girl felt about the situation. She frowned when Daes admitted that the girl he was speaking of only wanted to be friends.

“I'm sorry to hear that but it could be a good thing.You can build a great friendship with her while focusing on your healing and maybe in time it can become more.” She tried to get encouraging though she understood it might never go any further than friendship. Still she didn't want to completely discourage him from being friends with the girl, Cheedo knew having friends was important.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The black and silver wolf nodded once more once Cheedo was finished speaking. He had realized that on his own but he was grateful for the confirmation. One heavy lesson that he had learned from it was impulsive actions. He couldn’t let that happen again, he’d have to be sure that he thought things out in the future before speaking. Once he was sure Cheedo was done speaking he opened his mouth.

“That’s something else I wanted to ask about, the healing, Do you have any ideas on how I could learn more? Without Lorcan around, I don’t think we have anyone in our ranks that’s able to teach in dept.”
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo was relieved when Daes took what she said well. The last thing she wanted to do was to jeopardize a friendship nor lose a pack member. She felt the young man had a lot of potential and she wanted to see him realize that potential himself. Her young packmate seemed to be over what had originally brought him to speak with her.

Next he spoke of healing and how he could learn more. Since Lorcan had left they had been left without a healer who knew as much as him that Daes could learn from. However Cheedo felt that maybe she could still advise Daes, “Odin knows about healing, I don't know how much since he and I haven't ever talked about it. I also know a healer, his name is Lachesis and he is alpha of a pack near the base of the mountain called Driftwood Surge. If you would like to speak with him you may travel there.”