(See All?) Announcements
439 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Google, Apollo, Adelard, Finley

The Longest Night — Nomads Pass 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Inna's looking for Orionis. @Kerberos also tagging @Orionis for informational purposes. Both of you please let me know if anything needs changed.

you fill my head with pieces

of a song i can't get out

It was getting harder for the mother to keep her wits about her, Orionis was missing. For days she'd been trying to follow his trail to find out what had happened to him. She knew she'd been gone a little longer than planned. Her meeting Kerb near the waterfall had been unexpected. The change in him had been obvious and she'd hoped that finally he would get to meet his son. It seemed that her hopes wouldn't be realized until she found her son.

Each night she howled for him hoping that maybe he'd just gotten turned around and couldn't find his way back. She hoped that maybe he would hear her howls and come running back to her. She would finally fall asleep late in the night and was up with the sun continuing her search.

It took her further from the lake and the surge bringing her close to a pack. She recognized the scent as the one Askan carried on him last she met him. Some time was spent sniffing around a hollowed log, his scent was stronger than it had been but it led off further from the borders of the pack. All she could ask herself was where did Ori think he was going? There was something else that Inna had noticed, the scent of coyotes. Had her son known they were following him?

So many more questions ran through her mind as she moved on through the forest. Her heart nearly stopped when she came to the place where the coyote scent mingled with Orionis’. It was then she lost it, her son’s scent was gone and she knew what had happened. “They took him,” she growled out. All she saw was red as her anger toward the coyotes reached its highest level, she was out for blood.

Now she'd followed the trail into the mountains sure that her son was with them, he had to be. She just hoped that Ori knew she was looking for him, that she wouldn't give up.

Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Hope it's okay to plop him in here.
Ferreiran was wandering around, thinking about nothing in particular, when he spotted the angry mother wolf. She was obviously enraged, so he decided it was a good idea to just flee. But his foot landed on a stick and it cracked. The sound seemed to explode in his brain. Maybe he could still go? No, he dismissed the thought immediately. I'm stuck here. Talking. He sighed internally and stepped out towards her. He still kept a good distance to be safe. He didn't know what this wolf would do, and hadn't planned on learning.

He sniffed the air. Coyote was no surprise, given how common they seemed to be around here. Wolf pup. His eyes widened. This must be why she was so furious. Of course, he didn't presume she was the mother, any member of a pack could be angry over a pup lost to predators.
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

He had already lost one (technically two) children. Perhaps that was why he lurked around Runi like a vulture when she informed him of the news. He would stray from her for most of the time, covering grounds behind her as she rampaged through the lands like any angry mother should.

Kerberos caught her voice and moved to pull closer to her -- whether to offer support or further burn the fires was unknown to him yet. But his attention was snagged by a stranger. Dark brows pulled tightly together as his lip peeled back sharply. What do you want? He hissed in sour tones as his hackles bristled.

The Rigel did not want visitors. Not ever but especially not now.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
It's quite alright Ferrerian

So many different emotions ran through the mother, anger, worry. She was angry with herself for leaving him so long knowing that he would eventually get bored. The trail she now followed was only of the coyotes she was sure had taken him. She had no way to know if he was still okay. The only comfort she had was that they hadn't found his body. As she followed the trail Kerb covered the areas around it. She could only hope that no harm would come to him before she could reach him.

Inna spun quickly at the sound of the breaking twigs, if it was one of those vermin she was going to...but it wasn't. Instead she found a dark wolf stepping toward her. Kerb was on the scene in an instant questioning the yearling. Inna touched her nose to his chest, she wasn't so quick to dismiss such an opportunity. Perhaps this wolf could tell her something but she didn't hold too high of hopes. “Have you seen a pup that looks a lot like me. He might have been with a group of coyote's?” She questioned speaking quickly. Anything to tell her where Orionis was.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Another stranger appeared, hissing and questioning the dark male. Ferreiran dipped his head to show his apologies before the other wolf freed him, asking about a pup who was apparently with a group of coyotes. "No," he said, shaking his head. He didn't want to say it before the obviously grieving pair, but if a pup was taken by coyotes, it wouldn't have a chance. It was the way things worked. "I'll look around," he offered. He was almost certainly not going to find the missing pup but at least he wouldn't have to explain. Telling a mother and father that their pup was dead was a recipe for disaster every time.

And if he did find the pup, he'd have reunited this family. He didn't care about being a hero, but he wasn't against helping other wolves when he had the chance. He wasn't evil or anything.
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Some light cursing.

kerberos rigel

His teeth ground together firmly and he pulled away from the touch, slinking back into the shadows behind Runi's lean form. He didn't want to be touched, he didn't want to deal with strangers, and he sure as shit didn't want his damn time wasted. There was a child out there he should be looking for instead of jabbering away in the middle of dead zone.

Are we done here? He hissed in a whisper to Runi. His agitation was not aimed at her specifically but he did wish she hadn't been so willing to engage with the stranger. Hopefully now that they knew the stranger didn't have what they wanted, they could get back to their search in peace.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It was extremely disappointing news that the stranger had given her and Kerb. She hadn't expected anything from the man, it was a high forest with many routes but that didn't mean I didn't sting that much more hearing he hadn't seen her son. “Thank you,” she told the man when he said that he would look around. “If you do see him can you just tell him his mother and father are looking for him?”

Kerb for his part had pulled away from her and was growing more irritable by the moment. She completely understood how he felt but in the search for her son she would do anything. Her ear twisted back as she heard him hiss from behind her, “Yes, I think so,” she said quietly back before turning back to the stranger. “Thank you for your time.” She knew they needed to get started again but it wouldn't do well to burn Bridges before she found her son.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
"Goodbye, then," he said, making a mental note of what the pup was supposed to look like. It would be bad to see the pup and not know it was Ori-whatever. Although he didn't think he'd have to worry. How many parentless pups could be wandering the world?

Ferreiran turned and walked away. He didn't think the male wolf wanted him around, and he was not going to overstay his welcome. He had nothing to gain from this encounter, other than a couple scratches if the male got impatient, and he didn't have anything he was willing to lose. He was a lone wolf, after all, and times were always hard.

-exit-