550 Users Online
Google, Bing

I count my gain in blood and pain — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 29 posts.
Inactive
Shrike
hunting dem 2/3

Shrike's ears flicked forward. Well, if he wanted to play it that way....Did the mutt take him as a fool? Did he truly think he was that stupid? He stared pointedly at the yearling as his lips pulled back to reveal his canines, sharp and dripping with saliva. They either did this his way or they didn't do it at all. He would sooner steal the fawn for himself than allow such an affront. Or he could do one worse and startle the fawn, ensure that he went hungry for yet another day...

Both options were tempting.

He watched and waited, tossing both ideas back and forth in his mind.  If they did kill the fawn he supposed he could use it as a bartering tool, but on the other paw Shrike just wanted to see the boy squirm. Decisions, decisions.

Sinking down to the ground, Shirke took shelter beside a worn, fallen log. Being black he didn't blend in too well either, but he'd positioned himself that he could only been seen from a certain angle. That the fawn would try to rush by him, only to get grabbed once it got too close. He would play along for now, he decided, but if the fucker tried to wriggle his way out of it-well, Shrike was a convincing man, when need be. If not, he supposed the other's might enjoy a new chew toy. They were never far, just a howl away.

Shrike was as ready as he was ever going to be. Was the loner ready yet? What was taking him so damn long?

[Image: carrion_crew_sig_by_becuffin-dcah2jc.png]
All members of the Carrion Crew are welcome to join Shrike's threads at any time.
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: hunting dem 3/3

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Vaken kept his breathing quiet, head lowered, ears flattened. He watched and waited until he couldn’t any longer. Filled with need, the boy pounced, his teeth bared as he surprised the young fawn. He shot out like a snake, his tail tucked down and his eyes narrowed. Everything happened very quickly. The prey was startled and tried to turn around towards the direction of the herd, but Vaken cut it off. He snapped his teeth towards the creature’s hooves, herding him away from the water. It was a challenge. The baby deer was stubborn, frantically trying to run around the small boy in order to return to the safety of home.

The yearling was quick too though, jumping in the way and letting out threatening growls. He hadn’t expected to have such a hard time leading the prey towards Shrike, but he was stubborn. He didn’t give the fawn room to escape. He moved with it, facing the creature head on and biting the air. Eventually, the deer shot off away from him, heading towards the other lone wolf.

The boy sprinted, running alongside it, pushing it to head more right. That way it would be in perfect target for the larger wolf.

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive
Shrike
Hunting dem 3/3
Shrike is a nasty sod, so this is slightly M for blood and violence

Shrike's ears flicked forward at the sound of thudding paws and hooves. He could have jumped out early, allowed their quarry to escape under the pretence of making a mistake, but Shrike wanted blood. Nothing could stop him when he was on the warpath. And so he waited, bided his time. Just a little closer, a little more. And then it was time.

Shrike charged out from behind his cover in an explosion of black fur and white bared teeth. The Black Beast collided with the spindly legged fawn and the two crashed to the floor in a tangle of limbs and flailing tails. The impact of their collision reverberated through his chest and made his body ache oh so deliciously. If nothing else, he would enjoy this. Before the fawn even had a chance to right itself he was upon it once more. This time he went for it's throat, he bit down so hard his jaw clicked- and then the taste of coppery blood followed, so rich and sweet he would have salivated if his mouth wasn't full. Shrike violent shook his head about, cutting and goring the creature, making far more of a mess than was necessary in the process.

Soon enough, the fawn laid dying, it's sides heaving as it struggled to breath. Not long now, Shrike idly thought as he pressed it's face down into the dirt with a paw. Yet another insult to injury.

All members of the Carrion Crew are welcome to join Shrike's threads at any time.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken waited, there wasn’t much else he could do. Shrike had it handled. It was obvious in the way the predator and prey moved that the victory was already theirs. The larger black wolf was undeniably strong, ruthless. The fawn was a fly caught in their web. It couldn’t escape now, so Vaken sat on his haunches and waited. He watched as Shrike pawed the dying creature’s face, relishing in the kill. He was too excited, too hungry to care about the viciousness of the gesture. Vaken wasn’t evil, but he was desensitized to greed and wrath. It didn’t matter to him one way or another how the animal died, as long as he was getting a meal. He watched as the creature gave a last, weak, panicked breath with a sly grin.

It was time to feast. Bravely, the boy stepped forward. A mix of carelessness and insolence, the yearling expected to feed at the same time as the other male. He wasn’t going to wait for his turn.

Inactive
Shrike

Before the yearling could even reach the fawn, Shrike stood in his path. "Is that it?" He tutted, less like the beast he was and more a disapproving parental figure. "What did I say?"

The boy had agreed to his terms, he might have done it offhandedly, but he'd accepted them regardless. If he tried to weasel out then this situation would no doubt go south real fast. Still, the ball was in his court. It wasn't as if Shrike was going to ask for his soul, in fact what he had in mind seemed very reasonable... And easy, it wouldn't even take more than a moment of his time.

"I just want a little favour, I'm not an unreasonable man. I helped you, you help me and I will let you have it all to yourself." He gave the fawn another kick, this time with his back foot.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Hesitantly, Vaken sat. It wasn’t the authority in Shrike’s tone or obligation to hold his side of the deal, but the possibility of eating the whole meal himself. That got his attention. That sounded good to him. Just like his deal with Garmir, Vaken felt like he was getting more from it than he was giving. “What is it,” he whined, half-rolling his eyes. He knew he sounded pathetic, but it didn’t matter to him.

He just wanted to eat. He could smell the blood, taste it in the air. What did this wolf want from him? To know something- almost certainly. Vaken didn’t have any secrets. That is why he sat, ears flattened, waiting patiently to eat the entire animal himself.

Inactive
Shrike

"Tell me about this pack. You said they had pups, how are they faring?" It seemed like an innocent enough question, the sort an curious bypasser would ask. After all, who didn't love pups?

It was more than that though. The loner had claimed they were doing well enough, but any crack was enough. Shrike would force it open, and make it so wide till the pack's foundations cracked beneath his paws. It was all he wanted, really, to ruin someone else's day and make his brighter in return.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken wasn’t sold on the innocence of Shrike, but didn’t have enough incentive to question him. There was something about his aggression, the way he questioned that made Vaken narrow his eyes. The boy was clever, but without enough context couldn’t see through Shrike’s persona. It was a bizarre question, but not intimidating. Vaken didn’t assume the worst. He didn’t assume the best either, but it didn’t matter.

He glanced around the male towards the prey, licking his lips. “If I answer,” he stated dryly. “I get to eat that all myself?” His eyebrow quirked and a smile played along his features. It would be a great meal. Very filling, satisfying. Maybe if he had leftovers he’d drag it to the pack, that seemed like a smart move.

Inactive
Shrike

Shrike nodded. This was almost too easy. Sure, the loner was being a bit cautious, plenty of trepidation hiding behind his words, but Shrike knew it wouldn't be difficult to brush aside. He rolled his hefty shoulders, the very image of a laid back, comfortable man. In all honesty though, he was half tempted to pin the boy and pry the knowledge from him. But no, this was easier and he'd already shed quite a bit of blood today.

"My word is my bond." Such a pretence came quite naturally to the black beast. He was always good at pretending to be something he was not. "I won't even take a bite."

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The yearling nodded, testing the wolf’s words in his mind. Eventually he jerked his head in a nod. Things seemed easy, too easy, but that’s how Vaken liked it. He was having a great day, luck finally seemed to be on his side. All he had to do was answer this one question and his stomach would be full. His lips twitched in a genuine smile, inhaling the smell of blood and meat. “I assume the pups are fine,” he admitted. “I haven’t met them.”

That’s all the information he had- but a deal was a deal. Quickly, he rose to his feet and darted towards his dinner.