(See All?) Announcements
323 Users Online
Bing, Google

got some explaining to do — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: right after this thread. All wolves from FTC welcome to reply/tagging just to notify, no pressure to join in

@Ferreiran

@Moonshadow
@Kajika
@Tagg
@Roland /Chan
@Birtie
@Sylva

when I'm bad I'm better

The coyotes had followed them until the bitter end. The yearling could smell the scent markers, but still the creatures chased after. It wasn't until the border was in sight that the coyotes fell back, giving the two boys a break. It was refreshing to hear their paw prints fade away, but the boy was unpleased. He hadn’t meant to bring them all the way to his aunt’s doorstep. There was nothing he could do now but catch his breath. He stopped, head low and ears flattened, breathing heavily. The vermin hadn’t done him any serious damage. They had targeted Ferreiran mostly, the sacrificial goat. Vaken had stumbled behind him, dodging attacks, before being chased off. He had no injuries, no open wounds, but he was fatigued from the running. His muscles were tight and sore, his paw pads scuffed up from friction against the sharp rocks.

He stood panting for a few moments before giving up. He collapsed to the ground, propping his head up on his paw. He had no intention of crossing the border. He could see it, and smell it, but he was still a respectable distance away. He hoped Moonshadow would catch his scent, know that he was no threat, but Ferreiran? That could arise some suspicion from the pack. There wasn’t much he could do now. He raised his muzzle to the air and let out three sharp, loud barks. They were just to alert nearby members, call for Moonshadow without the intensity of a howl. He didn’t want to howl. It could come across more demanding, possibly alarming. His situation wasn’t that important. He wasn’t bleeding out, or injured. He wanted to let his family know that the coyotes were nearby, but he wasn’t going to rip them away from whatever they were doing.

He didn’t say anything to Ferreiran. He suspected the silence would be comforting to the male, more so than words would be. He wasn’t sure if anyone would appear to scout them out. He wasn’t sure who usually marked the borders, who would be loitering around, but he prayed for Moonshadow more than anyone else. He didn’t want to have to explain himself to another pack member. Moonshadow would understand. They deserved to know about the coyotes, and why Ferreiran’s scent was so close, but the responsibility was draining to the young man. He just wanted to sleep.

(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2018, 04:16 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran felt blood drip from his flanks onto the ground as he sat, forming a small but growing puddle. It wasn't serious. He knew that. But, as a young, protected wolf, he was still a little scared. A little blood could turn into a lot of blood. And he just didn't have a lot of blood to lose. He wasn't panicking, but he was frightened. He wanted to get away from the blood, from the wound that spilled his lifeline out for the world.

He heard Vaken sound three sharp barks, and stiffened. There was only one reason for the other male to call here. The pack, he thought. They're coming. And soon.
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
S for swears!

The scent of coyotes mingled with blood and her body quickly stiffened. A series of barks followed and Birtie was quick to charge off in that direction. A scowl was plastered across her face at the yearlings. And who the fuck are you? She quickly snapped harsh words at the two of them. They had children to protect -- with dwindling numbers nonetheless -- and two battered yearlings who carried the scent of coyotes wouldn't be welcomed. Not by Birtie at least.

Her hackles raised as she stared them down with her still intact eye. It was obvious the large woman wanted an answer and she wanted it now.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

When the white wolf appeared, Vaken slowly stood. Not out of respect, but out of safety. Her hostility put him on edge, instinctively positioning himself in a defensive stance. He was still riding the wave of adrenaline from the coyotes, making him susceptible to aggression. He stretched his sore legs out, huffed and puffed, then finally cleared his throat to speak. “Vaken Svart,” he said dryly. The words came out quickly and sure, but not necessarily boisterous. He wasn’t proud. He was quick to state the facts and move on. Introductions were boring to him, he wanted to get through the technicalities. He kept his body language neutral, not dominating, but not completely compliant. Her aggression wasn’t lost on him. He wanted to raise his tail higher, assert himself, but he held back. Making her more upset would only cause more issues, and he was trying so hard to be a good boy.

“Moonshadow’s nephew,” he added softly, less confident, kind of embarrassed. He hated using it as a social stance booster, but what choice did he have? It was the only way to prove his company was not a danger. “He needs help,” he mumbled, almost as if a second thought. The boy wasn’t pleading, but there was a sense of urgency in his tone. He wouldn’t have stayed at the border if Ferreiran didn’t need to get checked over. His wounds weren’t gashes, but Vaken wanted to help him. He just didn’t have the medical knowledge to do it. “The coyotes are close,” he reported, his mouth dry. That seemed like an obvious fact, but he felt obligated to report it.

(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2018, 06:26 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
The arrival of another wolf was not something Ferreiran wanted. She was large and strong enough to kill both of them if she wanted to. And she seemed like she would to protect their pack. Why had Vaken called her? he wondered. They were friends, and the dark male knew the other wouldn't try to cause him harm. It was odd. "Ferreiran," he said, in reply to her question.

Ohh... he thought when Vaken spoke again. That made sense. The yearling still didn't want another wolf around, but knowing the patchy wolf only wanted healing for him was reassuring. It just didn't mean that he wanted it too. "No," he growled. He'd be fine.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

He didn't care if he had relations here. He had still shown up smelling of coyotes and blood. His friend seemed to be content to bleed out on their borders. If she didn't have children who might see this, she would have gladly helped him finish the job. You heard him, he doesn't want help and you're honestly stupid if you think a pack would help you after you bring coyotes to us. Family relations or not. She snarled as her ebony lip pulled back.

We have our own to protect but it seems you didn't consider that. She strode forward a bit closer, giving out a sharp bark. Birtie was not going to waste time in herding the yearlings off. They could leave and take the coyotes with them.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: feel free to request a dice roll/attack Vaken

when I'm bad I'm better

The boy couldn’t stop himself from snarling, his lip twitching up. The increase in Birtie’s aggression made him grow colder, more frustrated. He was a short tempered boy to begin with- but in an already tense situation- after escaping coyotes? This is why he hated packs. He wanted to spit in her face, take Ferreiran away and protect him himself. Even though the small boy denied needing help, Vaken didn’t care. It didn’t matter now. He had been foolish to come to the border. He should have known better than to trust them. Rather than call it quits, the yearling became more insolent. He raised his tail, challenging her authority. She was a healthy wolf, strong, but her eye was damaged. That was something Vaken could use to his advantage. He ignored his own weaknesses, the fact he was tired and scrawny. He didn’t care. He was too controlled by emotion. “Oh, I’m sorry,” he spat, his eyes narrowing in distaste. “Are you the leader of this pack?”

He stepped closer to the woman, his fur bristling. If it was a fight she wanted- she had it. He had come to them for help. His friend was injured. He knew better, and that stung too. He shouldn’t have even shown up. Anger was bubbling up in his chest, he couldn’t control it. “Get Moonshadow or get out of my way.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2018, 08:26 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran watched, a sense of ice-cold dread growing in him as Vaken insulted the big female. Unlike him, the dark male saw only her advantages. Her size, age, even her scars. They showed she had been in a bloody battle and survived.

Despite this, he stood up, ready to fight. He disregarded the wound on his flank, and pushed back his caution. Barely knowing what he was doing, he started to growl menacingly. If she attacked him or Vaken, he would take the other side of her face as punishment. His protection didn't mean much, but he'd give it any time.