(See All?) Announcements
561 Users Online
Google, Bing

Is it cause I lied when I was 17? — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

At least the plan was settled, sort of. It was better than blindly running at her and hoping for the best, this way they'd have a shot at bringing her down.That was all they could ask for really, anything more and Elias would feel guilty, greedy even. Pulling in a steadying breath, Elias dug his good toes into the dirt as he watched the doe tug and chew on the dried shrubbery. Which would be the best angle? This way or that?  

"We move as one, at first." Elias instructed after a long moment of thought. "Then branch off, herd her north and whenever...you get the chance drag her down, I'll help. Let's go."

It was now or never. With one final glance to his companion, Elias kicked off into a sprint as he hurdled ever close to the doe. Her ears flicked rigid as she stared wide eyed, and then before she could ever let out a shriek of alarm, she darted off through the trees. For a moment Elias feared she would veer off to the side, that they'd have a hellish time trying to get her to head north. Had he not been running he would have puffed out a long sigh of relief, instead he stormed ever forward, charging through the trees as they guided the doe back towards the lake.

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Kai who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER
I don't believe in no devil,'cause I done raised this hell

They finally had their plan and though many things could go wrong it was the best one they had. Ramiel could only hope that things would go in their favor so that they could bring the doe joke and the keep wolves would have something to eat that night. His question was quickly answered by the older man and though it wasn't the way the young Archer might have done things Elias was technically the one in charge.

He listened as the man spoke giving his instructions. He confirmed that he'd heard with a nod off his head. “Works for me. This will be our only chance I'm afraid.” That was the last thing he said before they set their plan into motion.

He was soon running next to the blond man as they'd agreed. It didn't take the doe long to notice they were coming for her, she stopped what she was doing and bolted through the trees. Ramiel had only a moment of worry before he did what they'd agreed upon. He branched off to her right side to hopefully keep her in a path that would lead get back to the keep where they could take her down.

Table by Grey
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

And the hunt was on. Even though the deer was skinny and spindly legged she was still fast on her hooves. She dashed and weaved, moving so fast that the wolves couldn't even close the distance, no matter how hard they tried. Good thing this was a marathon rather than a sprint. Going at such a fast pace she was quick to tire, her strides became longer and stompy, like she didn't have the energy to continue her former poise.

Her pursuers on the other paw were doing just fine, Elias sides heaved as he stormed after her, driving her ever north. They had been running for what felt like an eternity, soon her steps would falter and they could bring her down. It was just a matter of endurance. The Selwyn glanced to the side, making sure that his hunting partner was still beside him. They moved as one, adjusting their positioning every time it seemed like she wanted to jerk off in another direction.

Even more time passed, longer and longer till the hunt became one tiring blur. And then she was within reach, Elias lunged forward, jaws snapping as he clamped down on the flesh of her rump. He dug his back paws into the dirt and heaved as hard as he could, she was weak enough to bring down. It was time to end this.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

The chase started very fast paced as the doe did her best to avoid them. She succeeded in keeping a good distance between the two Keep wolves at first. Her movements were grateful and calculated as she dodged and weaved despite her skinny condition. It soon became evident that she was becoming tired from the pace she'd been keeping. Ramiel noticed the change in her steps, he didn't think the chase would last too much longer.

His paws hit the ground keeping a rhythmic beat as he ran after the deer. The Archer kept a steady pace so he didn't tire too quickly, he wanted to save as much of his energy for the end when he would no doubt need it. Silver gaze watched the doe for any signs of running off course and correcting her when she did. Anticipation ran through him as he knew the moment the chase would be coming to an end.

After it felt like they had been running for days the moment came when the doe had lost some of her speed. This allowed the two wolves to catch up to her, the time had come. Elias lunged forward getting a grip on her rump slowing her further. Ramiel ran forward past his companion to go for her throat, his jaws closing around the side of her neck. Using his weight he drug her down before quickly adjusting his grip to close around her windpipe.

Table by Grey
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
Fade with your response?

The moment Ramiel clamped down on her throat it was over. There was no turning back now, exhaustion aside she just couldn't shrug off an injury like that. She was going to die and the thought made Elias feel....well, it was bittersweet really. A shame that she had to suffer and die so that the Keep could prevail. Even now Elias struggled with that way of thinking, that someone else's loss would be his gain, why couldn't things be more...gentle? The doe's eyes shined with terror as she laid there, panting and struggling as the life was torn from her. What was she thinking? Did she know she was going to die, had she accepted her fate? Or was she pleading for one more day, one more moment to live?

Elias shook his head as he circled around and joined Ramiel at the front, it would be kinder to end it quickly, to help her on her way rather than prolong her suffering by letting her bleed out. And so he bit down, hard, till he felt bone graze against his teeth.

And then it was done.

His muzzle was wet with blood as he pulled away, he licked his lips and almost winced at the coppery taste. It could be worse, he supposed, they could have failed.

"Not much further." Elias mumbled as he stared ahead, they could drag her a little more they were almost there.

Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Fading and Archiving.

Ramiel ARCHER

Ramiel didn't waste the time to make the doe go through more than she had to. As soon as he was able get got a hold on her that would end her life as quickly as he could. He wasn't always as cruel as his brother had inxe made him out to be and this deer didn't deserve to go through more pain or terror than she had to.

It was unfortunate sometimes the way of things but they had a pack to feed and she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The whole process was taking longer than the Archer would have liked. So when Elias came and finished her off Ramiel was grateful. He waited a moment longer before releasing his grip and licking the blood from his own lips.

“No, not much and hopefully we can be home by nightfall.” That said yes moved into position to begin dragging the deer.

Fade

Table by Grey