Bing, Google

I'm breaking down — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: fade with your response? :)

when I'm bad I'm better

“There’s a lot to consider,” he explained cooly. “If I’m going to claim territory, I want it to be good.” He wanted to scout around, make sure there was adequate prey, a reliable water source, shelter. Snow was already beginning to fall. It would be hard to move around, hard to focus on the future when he needed all his energy for surviving day to day. He didn’t want to make scent markers and not have the strength and health to protect them. “I won’t be able to get everything ready before the thick of winter. The snow will get in the way.” Gathering and recruiting members would be even harder too. Loners were focused on themselves, on eating and sleeping. Travelling in the cold to find his friends sounded hellish. “Plus, I might change my mind. Spring rolls around, the weather gets warm, I might forget the whole thing.”

He knew that was a strong possibility. That his desire for stability and his own piece of land may have been a temporary craving. He was a wanderer at heart. He didn’t want a traditional pack by any means. He wanted stability and freedom, a hard thing to balance. He didn’t see leadership as a responsibility, but rather an ends to a means. If he made his own rules, he wouldn’t have to listen to anyone else. He could thrive from the benefits of a pack, and the benefits of a lone wolf. He wanted that for everyone. That was how his parents had been, allowing loners to stay with the family until their time. They could come and go as they wish, sometimes days, sometimes months. He hadn’t considered that a failure. The loners had never thrived, never owned territory, but it had been freeing. That was inspirational. “I’ll keep it in mind,” he replied, genuine gratitude apparent on his face.

The kindness of strangers was not something to ever overlook. “Maybe I’ll bump into ya again.” He knew the lore was vast, but fate had a way of bringing people together when they needed it. He began to walk away before hesitating, turning to look over his shoulder once more. “I hope your friend- Tulip, I hope she’s okay, that you find her.”

(This post was last modified: Nov 09, 2018, 09:23 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Faded and archived

So Winter had snuck up on him then or maybe it the idea to form a pack had formed before winter had made its arrival. Either way his companion seemed to want to find that absolutely best spot before claiming it. Solas didn't really know of any spots that weren't already taken but that didn't mean that there weren't any out there yet. There was a lot of unclaimed land out there after all and some place had to have all the things a pack needed to not just survive but to thrive as well.

Solas remained silent as he was told that come spring this new pack might not even form but the stormy male thought otherwise. This wolf had obviously thought about it for a while, had started to gather the wolves necessary for it to happen. He was going through all the motions the only things that seemed to be missing was a place to set it all up and gathering the inlisted wolves who might even decide later on not to join. Spring was a ways off after all and there was no telling how long this coming winter would be.

His offer to help them out was taken rather well and Solas gave a slight nod at the gratitude and words that were given. Maybe. Maybe not. Solas responded with a shrug he had met so many wolves only to never see them again this could be a similar meeting. I hope I do too and good luck. He didn't know if he was telling him good luck with his pack or good luck with the winter or a little of both, but it was a bit comforting to know that there was someone else looking for Tulip.

Shaking out his fur Solas took another long look at the sky. Maybe he could put off finding a pack for another couple of days. Winter had barely begun after all and though he said he would be joining one it didn't necessarily have to be right away. With that in mind, the stormy man padded off wondering if he should have asked his now gone companion what his name was.

-Fade-
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]