(See All?) Announcements
527 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chaos

Whispered voices — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Courtney who has 39 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hartt Theos
Hart nodded. <b>"Yes, I'm going to try again. But I feel they will only reject me again. If they do, I'll ask a different pack."</b> She had grown so lonely on her own. She had wandered on her own ever since she was a pup, surviving mainly on rabbits. Hartt had no memories of her birth pack and assumed she had been abandoned by her parents.

She needed to feel as if she was important to someone, like she was needed and belonged somewhere.
Played by Bridget who has 136 posts.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'> Pakuna tried her best to look sympathetic for the wolf, but it was difficult for her. Her face remained stoic for the most part, showing no expression at all, due to her lonesome life. <b> "Aye, it is no joy to be alone"</b> she said, almost inaudibly. Her ears pressed against her cranium for a moment before she looked at Hartt's shining blue eyes. <b> "Oi, ye hungry? I be guessin' many rabbits n' such live 'round here"</b> as Pakuna spoke, she felt her stomach grumble, feeling as if it was twisting itself into a knot. She grunted and tossed her head <b>"Maybe we can find a weak deer 'er somethin, haven't had a taste o' that in ferever."</b>

She turned away from Hartt, lifting her head upwards, feeling the cool air nip at her wet nose. She tested the air, smelling for any signs of prey. An old waft of deer trailed into her nostrils, and she parted her jaws, tongue lolling out.</span>
Inactive No Rank
Hartt Theos
Hartt listened as Pakuna spoke. <b>"I could do with something to eat. Deer sounds delicious."</b> She wagged her tail, hoping they could find deer. Her mouth watered at the thought of digging into fresh venison. She followed Pakuna and stood next to her, sniffing the air.

<b>"I'm picking up an old scent of deer. Would you want to track it down or try for rabbit?"</b> She waited for Pakuna to decide since she was older than Hartt.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea
Pakuna continued to scent the air, mind whirring with her instinctual hunting thoughts. <i> Hmmm.</i> Her eyes raised as she spotted a turkey vulture circling a patch of the cherry trees a bit of a distance away. She flicked her tail, grunting in satisfaction. <b>"Gon' try and track the deer"</b> she said, looking from the sky back to Hartt. She looked back to the sky, muzzle pointing at the bird flying in perfect circles <b>"Have a feelin' somethin' may be there"</b>. She began to step forth, her paws gingerly touching the melting snow as she went along. Lowering her head, she picked up the scent of the deer, although it was barely there.

Cream toned limbs carried the wolf along as she continued to breathe in the scent of the deer, which eventually began to grow stronger. Pakuna could begin to feel her heart race within her chest. She lowered her body, now beginning to slink along.
Inactive No Rank
Hartt Theos
Hartt followed close behind Pakuna. The scent of the deer grew stronger the closer they got. Hartt looked up and noticed the turkey vulture circling in the sky. Maybe that's where the deer was. Maybe it was already dead.

Hartt lowered her body to the ground as Pakuna did and crept forward.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea
Pakuna continued to creep forth, her pale eyes scanning the surroundings carefully. The scent was growing stronger and stronger, and soon it began to smell like death. It was a terrifying smell, one that is not forgotten. Pakuna felt her heart now drum rhythmically within her chest. Her breathing slowed as she let the scent of death fill her nose. As the two wolves continued to creep forth, Pakuna eyed the vulture that was almost now atop of them.

There, leaning against a tree, was a doe, looking ill. Her right hind leg was lifted, perhaps it was broken. Her tawny peltage was shaggy, ruffled. It was a definite sign that she was not to survive much longer. Eyes moving to the right, she noticed a doe and a yearling fawn hoofing through the thin layer of snow, finding grasses to eat. Pakuna slowly turned her head back to Hartt <b>"Listen 'ere. I'ma get behind the tree, n' come up on the doe's left side. Ye need to get yerself on the right side, here me? Once I run at her, ye wait a moment till ye do the same. Clear?</b> Her gaze was strong. She did not want to lose this opportunity for a good meal.
Inactive No Rank
Hartt Theos
Hartt saw the doe come into view. She look sickly and possibly had a broken leg. She nodded to Pakuna and headed towards the doe's right side, keeping herself low so the doe wouldn't see her. The deer shouldn't be too hard to take down. It appeared to be too weak to even run or fight.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea
Pakuna left Hartt's side, travelling around several trees to the left to get behind the doe. Every step she took felt as if it took forever, every breath she take felt loud, as if the deer could hear her. Her ears lowered as she came within range, and her excitement began to burn throughout her body. She now began to speed up her slinking pace to a trot, then finally a full blown sprint. The wind whipped at her face as she ran, blowing back her earthen toned fur. Ears flattened back against her skull as she raced forward, wet snow sloshing around her paws. The doe whipped her head to the side, large brown eyes glassy with fear. She hobbled forth lamely, holding her right hind leg up. The other two deer saw Pakuna racing towards the deer and bounded away, not bothering to look back.

Pakuna parted her jaws, ivory fangs exposed. The smell of the dying deer now stained her mind as it overflowed within her nostrils. With a powerful push off the ground, her hind legs left the earth as her front ones did as well. Jaws snapped down on the left shoulder of the deer. Pakuna closed her eyes as the doe tried to hoof at her with her front left limb, but did not succeed. The shewolf patiently waited for Hartt to rush in and help finish the job.
Inactive No Rank
Hartt Theos
Hartt rushed forward as Pakuna bit into the doe's shoulder. She got in front of the doe and bit into its neck, dragging it down. She gripped onto its throat tightly until the body stopped moving. She stepped back from the doe, giving her companion first bite.

Hartt sat down and waited for Pakuna to eat, her mouth watering in anticipation for the fresh meat.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea
<b>"Oi, well done"</b> Pakuna said, smirking a bit. She began to feel herself salivate almost uncontrollaby as she gazed at the dead doe. Her brown eyes were now fully glazed, signifying she had passed on. Pakuna brought her head down, tearing into the stomach of the fallen creature. Words could not describe how happy she would to have venison in her stomach again. She had not eaten a deer in about a year, and this one tasted amazing. Does, to her at least, were more tender than bucks, therefore becoming her preference. Her tail began to swish to and fro...wagging. Something she had not done in what felt like forever.

She looked at Hartt, nodding to her <b> "Enjoy!"</b> she said, enthusiasm overpowering her voice. She felt like a pup having its first meal of meat.