(See All?) Announcements
584 Users Online
Google, Bing, Kashikoi

I would never let you down — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Callen who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oyasumi Nasai
He bowed his head in her direction, listening intently to the name of the pack she recommended. This lone old man business was growing increasingly boring and unhealthy. A lifestyle change involving pack life was just what he knew he needed. He would have to keep the pack name in mind and look into it at a later time. He missed being around wolves on a regular basis and even though at his age he wasn't all that useful anymore, he could only hope that somebody would accept him.

His eyes lit up in amusement at her determination to find food for the two of them without hearing a counter-argument from him. She was a female all right, and he knew even if she'd stuck around a few moments longer he would have even attempted to argue. It was obvious that she wouldn't have been talked out of it. He greatly appreciated the gesture of her helping him, because he didn't plan on having another meal for a few days as that would be about how long it would be before his body wasn't throbbing in pain. He relaxed, watching her wander off to look for something and he silently wished the best for her, during the hunt and during her life. He had an idea that she wasn't having some problems within herself that were causing her an overwhelming amount of emotions that he didn't think she should have to put up with. He'd heard the uncertainty in her voice when she'd said she didn't belong to a pack and he jumped to the conclusion that she was scared.

He was lost in his thoughts when Anyu returned, carrying two ugly brown marmots. Saliva pooled in his mouth at the smell of them and he couldn't even remember when the last time he'd had a meal this large. <b>Thank you for your hospitality, Anyu, I appreciate it immensely,"</b> he expressed warmly. Who knew when his next meal would be. There was no way he could turn down the offering when he could tell by the look of her face she'd be upset with him if he told her no. He grabbed the marmot she'd nudged towards him and tore at it slowly, trying not to eat so fast that he would regret it.
Played by anyu who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anyu Sol
you come to me with scars on your wrist
you tell me this will be the last night feeling like this

Anyu grinned when he took the marmot and began to eat. She was pleased that he had accepted her gift. She knew that he needed the meal more than she did, but she assumed that he would not let her give him both. Besides, her stomach was rumbling. She had given him what appeared to be the larger one anyways. Hopefully that would give him the energy that he needed, if not the strength.

She began to tear flesh away from her own meal, savoring the taste of the marmot in her mouth. It wasn't quite as good as deer or rabbit, but it wasn't bad either. It only took her a few minutes to eat - she was able to eat fast thanks to the ability that wolves had to eat a lot all at once because of the scarcity of meals. The marmot was vital if she was to stay alive until she joined the pack.

Wait... she thought to herself. Am I really considering joining the pack? She hadn't realized that she had subconsciously made a decision. It frightened her a bit, but she knew that it was what she wanted. She had to trust Kano and Kashi at this point, so that was exactly what she was going to do. She was surprised that it had been so easy to make a decision like that, even after all the time she had spent thinking about it.

After she had finished off as much of the marmot that she could, Anyu stood and stretched. It was about time to find somewhere to rest for the night. She looked over at Oya and said, “Do you know where you're going to spend the night?”

i just came to say goodbye
didn't want you to see me cry, i'm fine
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Oyasumi Nasai
He savored the last few bites of the marmot, knowing it would likely be a few days before he would be in a somewhat sound condition to hunt again. After he finished he stretched out his front limbs and yawned with the new onset of drowsiness. His tongue swiped over the blood on his lips and he sat quietly for a few moments, enjoying the peace. <b>"Thank you again, Anyu,"</b> he said.

<b>"I had bed down miles from here, so I don't know where I'll go tonight. I think I'm just going to find myself a covered area and head back down to my spot when I think I can move again," </b> he chuckled. He figured he could stay in a temporary nest for a few days before heading back to the one he'd been staying in for a couple weeks. <b>"What about you? Where do you normally spend your nights?"</b> he asked curiously.

He rose, his joints creaking in protest. He looked around him, trying to spot a place to bed down for the night. All he really wanted to do was pass out here and not have to worry about it. He truly missed the days of not having to be so incredibly cautious about where he slept, but it had been a long time since those days. Now being an old loner he had to try to keep himself alert at all times.
Inactive No Rank
Anyu Sol

“It's not a problem,” Anyu said dismissively in response to his thanks, looking away shyly at the same time. She never took thanks very well, but at the same time she was offended when someone did not thank her.

Anyu shrugged her shoulders. “I built a den in the Thicket of Secrets, a little ways from here,” she responded. “But I haven't been there much. Mostly I just travel around and sleep out in the open, or under anything that offers cover.” Though she had built the den some time ago, she had only spent a handful of nights in it, having wandered quite a ways in order to explore the area. She had been back recently, but then she had felt the need to move again, and so had ended up here, where she had run into Oya.

Anyu began to look around for some place to spend the night. She would not be able to return to her den tonight anyways, and she needed some kind of shelter from the cold of the night. However, the main purpose behind looking around for a safe place to bed down was so that Oya would have some kind of safety during the night. She could find her own place to sleep easily, but he was clearly tired and she wanted to make sure that she was okay before leaving him.

Without a word she began to walk through the trees, hoping to find some place that would offer shelter for the older wolf. She didn't even mention that she was looking for him. She just decided to do it and then went off. In the distance she spotted two fallen trees that were leaning against each other, just on top of the ground. One tree had hit the ground, and when the second had fallen it had fallen at an angle and now lay on top of the first, creating a somewhat large covered area next to the first fallen log. There were a few gaps, but it appeared dry inside. She headed over and explored the area, sniffing for signs of other creatures. There were none, luckily, and she turned her attention to the top of the den-like structure. There were a few gaps in the roof, but that was easily fixed. A nearby pine bough had broken off of one of the trees and she grabbed it with her jaws and dragged it up onto the fallen logs, covering the gaps quite nicely.

She looked back at Oya, not sure if he had followed her or stayed back. When she spotted him she called out, “Oya, why don't you stay here for the night. It's nice and dry and sheltered.”

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Oyasumi Nasai
His eyes followed Anyu as she wandered with a determined look on her face and he could only assume that she was aiding him in his search for a safe place for him to sleep. <i>"She is far too kind,"</i> he thought, feeling a little too stubborn for his own good. He didn't like relying so much on others, but she was only helping him and he knew he couldn't deny it. He sighed, walking towards her as she spoke. <b>"It'll definitely do for the night,"</b> he said, eying the set-up she'd found. It was perfect for what he needed and he didn't think he could have found a better spot so quickly.

<b>"Do you tend to help every stranger you meet?"</b> he questioned, teasingly, a smile tugging at his lips. He forced his body to leap forward playfully past her into the covered area. He inspected it and looked at her, grinning, <b>"It's like a tree fort!</b> He gave a soft wink and clawed at the ground for a few moments to soften it up a bit, circled a couple times, and plopped down. <b>"Ahhh, perfect,"</b> he murmured. A lazy yawn crept from his muzzle. For once in a long while he was completely relaxed, a <span class='word'>selcouth</span> occurrence. <i>"I can get used to this,"</i> he thought. He yawned again and let his heavy eyelids droop. He turned over onto his side, stretching out his front legs, feeling any leftover tension begin to leave his body. He watched Anyu and asked, <b>"Will you be heading back to your den in the Thicket or are you going to stay here?"</b>
Inactive No Rank
Anyu Sol

Anyu half-shrugged her shoulders, taking his question as serious rather than teasing. “It gives me something to do,” she said casually. “Makes me feel useful.” Suddenly she felt tired, and more than a little sad. But that was typical for her at night. Most of the time she went through a routine of trying to sleeping and thinking about every bad thing that had happened to her and then hating herself intensely. Rarely did she fall asleep quickly these days. That was part of why she was finding it difficult to appreciate the male's teasing now. She did not like the night, when she was sure to lie awake for hours, trying to think about something that didn't hurt.

“I don't want to burden you,” she said sadly, backing up a few steps. “It's probably best if I try to make it back to my own den. I tend to be a restless sleeper.” If I sleep at all, she thought to herself. She smiled sadly and began to turn to leave, truly believing that it was best if she let him be. She was not a fun wolf to be around, especially at night when the ghosts of the past came to haunt her.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Oyasumi Nasai
He lay back upright, raking a <span class='word'>ruck</span> of dead leaves towards him with his large paws. The leaves quickly formed a more cushioned bed and he gazed almost proudly at it. He shook his head ever so slightly at his ever closer bout of sleep-deprived insanity. A light breeze rustled the leaves and branches around him and he peeked up to what he could see of the dark sky. Feelings of relaxation and contentment consumed him. He couldn't ask for a better night.

His ears pricked forward, listening intently and hearing the pain behind her words. He groaned, lifting himself up to take a stride towards her. <b>"I certainly wouldn't mind if you decided to stay, but it's entirely up to you,"</b> he said softly. There was something about what she'd said that made him wonder exactly what was running through her mind and he felt a twinge of empathy for her. Not like he'd tell her that, though, he didn't think she'd exactly want to hear that. He would fully understand if she decided to leave. They'd just met and she'd already been so kind as to converse with him, catch him a meal, and find a safe place to stay for the night.