(See All?) Announcements
582 Users Online
Bing, Google

The Greatest Show — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 30 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Aubine Gerau
Aubine willed her legs to keep up. As lean and willowy as they were, they were but sticks and sinew amidst the galloping limbs of both nomads and prey. She bounded through the snow, jumping several times into the air in attempt to clear her own path. In some places, she fell elbow-deep in the drifts with the whole of her body angled forward. She managed to regain her speed after following in the places where her brother had dragged up the frost.

She pulled up after the group, her tongue pale and dry as it lolled from her mouth. Her eyes went from her teammates to Hudson and her brother, watching and waiting with wide eyes. The whole of her trembled from the adrenaline and the anticipation of a full belly.

With her ears folded, she dared to edge closer to where Adelard was keeping the caribou pinned down. If he turned around and lunged at her, she was just within reach. As a subordinate of their little band, she knew to keep her distance. After all, she had done nothing apart from joining in on the chase and acting as her brother's second set of eyes. She would wait her turn...
so I risk it all just to be with you
AUBINE GERAU
and I risk it all for this life we choose
Played by Kristen who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hudson "Huddy" Macieo
Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say

The women did as instructed and, soon, the beast fell with a pained bleat and a thud. He felt triumph rise in his belly as the rest of the gang held it down, though there was clearly little struggle left in its body. Adelard sat atop it and, with Rhaegara and Saga standing guard on either side, the man walked forward with a bloodstained grin. Though Saga had found purchase on the jugular and Rhaegara another artery, it still had a bit of time before it fully succumbed. However, they weren’t monsters. This animal would give its life so they could live, a respectful sacrifice if it would be considered one. Instead of letting it suffer, he did the best thing; he ended it quickly. His teeth locked around the windpipe, biting down hard until a weak, gurgled breath escaped. Its chest flailed as it tried to take it another breath but couldn’t, its chest rising a few more times before, finally, resting forever.

He stepped to the side, panting happily. “Ya’ll better dig in b’fore I eat all of it myself,” he said, obviously joking, but he didn’t waste any time doing exactly as he said. He was starving.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
Played by Pinn who has 117 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Saga moved so that Hudson could end the creatures fight. It had made a valiant effort that even the Gods would be proud of, but in the end, their favor had gone to the wolves. She shook her coat as she stepped away, loosening the muscles that had just been used, and taking a moment to look over the group. No injuries seemed to have been sustained, and everyone had played their part perfectly. All in all, the woman couldn't help but admit that they made a good team. Whatever the rest of the season held for them, at least they wouldn't spend any of it hungry.

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2021, 01:40 AM by Saga.)
[Image: SAGA.png]
Sága is currently travelling with Huddy, Aubine, Adelard, Rhaegara, Riven, Maugrim & Hrun
Played by Tasha who has 178 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

The creature came down and Rhaegara was relieved, licking her maw of the blood that had been dripping from the wounds her teeth had caused before moving over to join in the feast. She smirked a little at his words but said nothing as she started to dig in herself, settling for a limb as she finally gave into the clawing hunger of her belly that would soon dissipate. The biting colds of winter could no longer faze at least her appetite, and for that she was grateful. She settled in eagerly as a result, still sticking closer to Adelard than the rest simply because she knew him better.

Played by Greyer who has 234 posts.
Paradise Falls X. Subordinate
Adelard Gerau
Beneath his weight, Adelard felt the great beast relinquish its last breath. He cast his gaze downward, first at the snow and then to Hudson's midnight black head. The scent of blood was heavy in the air now. There was no sound apart from the wolves' heaving breaths and the crunching of snow underfoot. Tranquility.

"Ya’ll better dig in b’fore I eat all of it myself," the band leader jested. Adelard felt a smirk inch up along the side of his maw. Under his rump, the carcass shifted as Hudson helped himself. The Gerau took this as his cue to get up and out of the way. He gave his coat a good shake as his eyes found his sister and Rhaegara. His tail gave a wag and he gave a small chuff of appreciation to the both of them.

As Rhaegara took claim to a limb, Adelard waited until she got what she wanted. He found Aubine's face again, her posture ever eager but still polite and respectful. It was with a smile that he approached the caribou and began to tear up the still-warm pelt. This was the reason why the Spirit had given wolves keen senses, stamina, and strong jaws. Only once the ribs were easily accessible did he invite Aubine over.

Even if it was almost just like old times, he supposed he could get used to it all over again...
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher
Played by Greyer who has 30 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Aubine Gerau
Excited trills and chirps left Aubine as she saw her friends and 'teammates' enjoy their share of the kill. Only once or twice did she shift at her brother's side, her forepaws lifting and falling back into place. Hudson first, then Saga, then Adelard's friend... then Adelard... Her jaw quivered as her tongue found itself back in its proper place.

She sank into the snow as her brother began to make work of the fallen caribou. A shoulder and torso shimmy became a vibrating belly crawl but not for long. It seemed like mere seconds but before Aubine knew it, there was their cue. The wordless signal only Adelard used to tell his sibling that it was 'all clear.' They were welcome to approach.

Saliva dripped from her jowls. The first bite alone was all that she had ever wanted in that instant. Warmth washed over her from snout to tail as she began to relish the collective moment. Her tongue dragged itself across her muzzle from one side to the other. They - the five of them - had done it.

She stole a glimpse at her friends' bloodied faces; then, in absolute gratitude, she let out a small bark. Whether they stuck together or not, she wanted them to know she appreciated them. They had come this far together; and, to Aubine, that alone told her they could be more than just a band of nomads.

{fade.}
so I risk it all just to be with you
AUBINE GERAU
and I risk it all for this life we choose