(See All?) Announcements
598 Users Online
Bing, Google

Lost princess — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
A 'hmmmmm....' pleasantly passed the woman's lips as her little niece mentioned the sands of their former home. While they had the safety and cover of the forest the beachside of a beautiful cove was just in their backyard. She remembered it, even closed her pumpkin eyes for a moment and then felt a pit in her gut of sorrow. Modesto still had hope that maybe one day while traveling around here that they might pick up the scent of the ocean. The salt waters were vast, as far as the eyes could see and so there was still doubt they would ever find home. However, Modesto could find 'home' wherever the ocean was, she felt.

Back out from her reverie, Modesto nodded on behalf of the scouts. Modesto had not done much scouting herself, happy with her placement as council in the pack but perhaps here, she might.

"I've heard of this Clover..." She spoke, not having really known anything about the other just yet. "Healers are good." She agreed with a gray-chinned nod. "Was told she is a hard worker, loyal... but also that she is a bit loose with her ways. We've not been here long and I'd hate some little trap snuggling up to one of my nephews who they havent known long, just to try to ensure power here. Having only just arrived, Clover's overly friendly ways towards someone she thought planned to lead a pack was suspicious to Modesto. The Matriarch had no intention of letting her sleep her way into power over their family.
[Image: modesto.png]
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

It was both happy and sad to remember their old home. Happy because Sharlee had loved living there by the ocean. It was where she'd learned all that she knew and had grown up with her family. It was sad because she missed it and there was a very strong possibility she wouldn't ever see it again. She wondered wpuld she forget the smell of the ocean in time or would it always be there in the back of her mind? Would she be able to call the memory at will, close her eyes and remember what it was like to run through the waves. 

The sound her aunt made was a clear indication that she had enjoyed the thought. She was sure that Modesto had to miss the sea just as much if not more than she did. 

Apparently the older woman had heard of Clover. "Healers are good," she agreed, "So I think having Clover around is important." But the young girl giggled a little when she spoke of Clover being 'loose. "Aunt Modesto," she cried indignantly, "She is certainly all of those other thing but I'm not sure she is 'loose. Course I am not sure I would actually know now that I think about it." A thoughtful expression crossed her features as she canted her head to the side in thought before suddenly straightening it and meeting her aunts gaze. "I think you should meet her."

(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2021, 09:21 PM by Sharlee.)
Played by Vami who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Mind we wrap this one up?

There was never a time in her life where Modesto didnt know the direction towards the ocean. Even on the occasion of going inland, Modesto knew where home was. Now, midlife, she was tore from what she had forever known and loved. She had no choice but to move forward, even if she did so with a heart filled with sorrow and a bitter taste in her mouth.

"Important..." Modesto spoke as though she did not believe Clover to be so but nodded none the less. Maybe they had to keep her around for their own well fair, for now. Time would tell how important Clover was truly.

And then, a smirk and laugh as her niece cried out her name. "Oh you will, in time." She mentioned. Breeding season was just around the corner, after all. "And I will too." She agreed. "But for now..." She stretched out her legs further and have a lazy yawn. She'd be content to rest here in the forestry of their new home.
[Image: modesto.png]
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

There wasn't a choice in the matter of staying. Either they stayed there by the creek or moved on to whatever lie beyond this place. There wasn't anyway of really knowing besides venturing away from this place that they'd made their home. Sharlee wasn't really sure that she was ready for that considering it was so soon after she'd arrived and recovered. 

She nodded when her aunt repeated the word 'important', "We need someone around who knows what they're doing." Who knew what could happen after all. Sharlee for one didn't want to get injured or something without a healer around. 

Sharlee frowned a little when her aunt laughed at her. She didn't take it to heart instead focusing on what was said next. "I certainly hope Clover isn't like that. She seems like too nice of a girl." Sharlee didn't think Clover was like that at all but her aunt was right,  in time they would know. When Modesto seemed to be growing tired Sharlee suggested they head to the den where they could both rest.