(See All?) Announcements
525 Users Online
Google, Riven, Bing

we're all lonely people — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan bobbed his head along to Nash's own offer - he'd of course have no qualms about that either, himself. Friendship was almost a guarantee when it came to interacting with the Eastfall family. He was happy too, to see that his words had not dissuaded the young stranger. He continued to appear upbeat, continuing on to add another pack into the mix. Chan's curiosity about the gold-eyed Archer was ever growing, and he might have even felt a twinge of envy.

Before the question could be answered, a direct request was appended. It was again not something he had expected to be asked of him by a lone-scented stranger, even given the subject matter they were discussing. His teeth began to show, his smile had grown so. Chan found himself mirthfully amused by this interaction.

"Who are you, Sawyer Archer?" he couldn't help but ask, instead of giving answers.

"You don't smell of a pack, but you're here on the behalf of two of them? Ones I haven't even known to exist, otherwise I would assume @Viorel and @Vayko would send more personal regards..."

There was no suspicion in his voice, only a wealth of curiosity. Who was this little entrepreneur and what was his stake here? Why was he zigzagging the Lore on others' accounts, asking for toys of all things? Had the Archers come back in droves and settled multiple, connected packs? Or had this young man simply thought up of Chan's dream occupation before even he could?
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash's ears pricked up at the mention of a pack in the west. Was there another family down by the Backwater wolves, or were they further? If so, how did Sawyer know about them? He glanced sidelong at Chan, feeling a little guilty for making him stay longer than he'd planned; if the older Eastfall were wandering, like he wanted to, maybe they would already know about these other groups.

Then, rather than answering questions, Chan burst out with a few of his own, asking after Sawyer directly. Nash's eyebrows rose in surprise, but then again, it made sense for Chan to be curious. He was responsible for the Cove pack, after all, and it would be wise to be sure of their guest before trusting him.

It was the intrigue in Chan's voice that really twisted Nash's gut though; he probably only heard it because he knew his brother so well, but it was clear to the younger Eastfall just how badly Chan wanted to be out there. He was only still here because Nash had asked him to stay.

Played by Greyer who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
What transpired next took Sawyer by surprise. Who was he? What was he doing? And, what's more, Chan knew of Viorel and Dead Empress Backwater. Had his tone been different, standoffish and apprehensive, Sawyer would have cowered. Sawyer knew his father's life story, of the lifestyle he had within Relic Lore and the misdeeds he managed. So, why was Sawyer here?

"The Archer name runs deep in these forests." He fought within himself to keep from mentioning anything that Skoll had done years ago. "I figured it was my turn to find out for myself what this place was all about." His gaze fell from the side of Chan's face, "My father was a great advisor but a terrible diplomat." A trace of a grin pulled at his maw. "He taught me all he knew, and this is what's come of it. I get to travel and meet others, and they get to benefit from it."
you musn't be afraid
to dream a little bigger, darling

⟡ ⟡ ⟡
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan listened attentively. It was a different place to come from he was sure, growing up somewhere other than where your family's history had shaped. Still, he felt he understood well enough what the sun-kissed wolf was expressing.

"If you're evidence of his mentoring, I doubt he was all that awful," he commended with a trace of jest and a wry but approving smile.

"I like what you're doing. I think the Lore could use more of it."

Which meant good job, keep it up. Who knows - maybe one day the Cove and the Chasm would indeed have a strong alliance, and they would have Sawyer to thank for all the good that would bring.

"Come, let's get us a meal and then we can see what the pups're willing to part with."
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2022, 05:54 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash watched the interaction keenly, not having much to add to it. He himself didn't feel the pull of wandering as much as he had during his crisis of identity a few months prior, and while he thought the idea of traveling to help create good relations with their neighboring packs was promising, he wouldn't be crushed if his brother decided to go instead. Chan was far better a diplomat.

The younger Eastfall's ears twitched when Chan declared the Lore could use more of what Sawyer was doing. Of course he does, he thought. He wants to be doing that himself. But Nash kept quiet and swallowed his guilt. Staying for the winter was in the best interest for both the Cove and his brother's safety. He couldn't believe Sawyer was risking the journey up the mountain with how unpredictable the weather had been this year.

He silently turned and walked with the pair as they resumed their task to find food for the wanderer. He could think more about this later; it wasn't as though his brother's attitude was a surprise.

Played by Greyer who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
Ready to fade on my part, I think... Feel free to post/archive. Either way, just let me know what Sawyer's loot haul looks like!

Sawyer's tail and spirits lifted, heartened by all Chan had to say. It was nice to hear that someone liked what he was doing.

"Come, let's get us a meal and then we can see what the pups're willing to part with."

If he could have smiled more, he would have. This was a sure sign that maybe doing all this good would reward him tenfold in the future. Karma at work.

"Great," he chirped. Much like a child at Christmas, he was eager to see what loot was there to be had. Maybe if there was enough to go around, he'd gift one to his nephews, granted they weren't too old for toys... He glanced from one Cove wolf to the other, "Ready when you are."

[Fade.]
you musn't be afraid
to dream a little bigger, darling

⟡ ⟡ ⟡
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a small pile of bones gathered on the ground, there might be some marrow left in them. +2 Health