(See All?) Announcements
488 Users Online
Bing, Google

arrowhead — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
Stubborn, impatient ears lowered like airplane wings on either side of his face. All this adult talk was annoying. So when Aunt Sharlee, Advisor extraordinaire, told him he could have one bone, he frowned. His brothers and sisters were not here. He was, and he was here to receive these gracious gifts. Why wouldn't he be allowed to have what he wanted?

As Sawyer retreated back a step, Oleander came forward, lowering his head to scoop up not one but two of the bones. He looked ridiculous with both ends sticking out on either side of his muddied muzzle. A fleeting glance was sent Sharlee's way. Maybe if he kept his head low and his chin tucked, he could get away with it. Without even regarding the adults again, he made a brazen attempt to dart past her and away into the backwater woods...

{Exit.}
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2022, 12:33 AM by Oleander.)
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee noticed the frown on her nephew's face when she told him he could only have one bone. She didn't mention it to him considering the fact she could have guessed he wouldn't be happy about it. Instead she turned her attention back to Sawyer.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Oleander move forward after their visitor took a step back. She saw him grab what she thought was one bone. At least until she caught sight of the second as he moved to run past her. She wasn't going to have that conversation with him in front of Sawyer. Instead she just said, "We will talk later Oleander."

Sharlee almost got excited when he said he'd love to take the rabbit to Vanadis. That was quickly dashed when he said that he was expected somewhere else. She rather liked Sawyer and had hoped for the chance to visit with him longer. "I hope where you have to go isn't far." To be totally honest Sharlee didn't really know what Vanadis was up to especially with the boys gone. "She might be but if you like I can give her a message for you when I deliver your gift?" She could at least do that for him if he wanted.

She was surprised by his next question and perhaps offer to come back for a visit. She didn't want to pass it up by telling him that she was fine and didn't need anything. So she quickly came up with something because she did want to see him again. "Well, perhaps during your travels if you come across any antlers? Or if you wanted to surprise me?"
Played by Greyer who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
The red wanderer watched as Sharlee, in turn, watched the youth with eagle eyes. It was a move he was very well acquainted with. He would be one to watch in the future, he was sure.

The near-yearling left and Sawyer returned his full attention to the Advisor. His smile remained, growing coyer as his tone edged on a flirtatious note, "Just tell 'er I say hi." Simple and sweet. Sawyer's way.

He didn't bother to tell her that he was quite a way away from his next visit. A part of him considered skipping Sanguine Cove just this once if only to come and see Sharlee again... with or without her requests.

"I can do that," he wagged his tail. If he had business smelling like the Backwater wolves, he might have stolen a quick nuzzle (and 'kiss')... a little token to carry her with him on his way to the north. He was awkward and he was shy, though, and he thought against it again. He would be back, and maybe he would be more confident by then.

"Antlers and maybe a little surprise," a characteristic, toothy grin and a nod. "I'll see you when I see you, Sharlee." He threw in a wink for good measure before he turned about and playfully scampered away out of sight.
you musn't be afraid
to dream a little bigger, darling

⟡ ⟡ ⟡
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee watched Oleander disappear into the territory for only a moment before turning back to Sawyer. At least her words might let the pup know he wasn't as slick as he might think he is.

The stern look she'd given Oleander was replaced with a smile when she was once again interacting with the red man. She hadn't missed the slight change in his smile. "I'll give her the message for you," she assured him.

She really did hope that he wouldn't be traveling too far from the backwater. Sharlee wanted the chance to see him again, Maybe spend a little time with him away from the backwater.

In thar effort she'd given him an idea of something to bring back for her when he was in the area again. She smiled at his words. "Thank you Sawyer," she said. Even though she didn't know for sure if he would bring her request back it was nice to think he would to see her again too.

"That would be perfect," she told him when he repeated the what she'd said. His next words indicated that he was leaving, "I look forward to seeing you again," she told him then he was gone. She didn't leave the border until he was out of sight.

Fade
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2022, 10:06 PM by Sharlee.)