(See All?) Announcements
557 Users Online
Khalon, Magg, Google, Isla, Bing

girl with a mind on fire — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He could hear the emotion in her voice, and it chased his smile away. Chan hadn't thought his absence would impact her so, but considering the trauma she'd told him of and his position as leader of the pack for so many months, it made sense. He grimaced, wishing he would have been more thoughtful while knowing that ultimately, this was something Siyet would have to learn to cope with. Others would come in and out of her life, but she would not be abandoned as she had before.

Chan touched his paw to hers, attempting to be encouraging.

"It's... a lot of different things, and it's not because the Cove is lacking," he tried to explain, knowing that it would be easier if she could understand. However, he could only communicate as much as he knew - and the explanation he'd given @Nash so long ago now no longer seemed like the full truth.

Yes, Chan loved to travel and enjoyed being thrown into new situations. He felt most fulfilled when helping others solve their problems and get what they wanted out of life, and quite honestly he preferred to do so on his own terms without the responsibility of being established as such a source. He could have all of that, however, and still call the Cove home if he truly wanted to.

"... or maybe there is something missing."

Frustration with himself drew his wolfish brows closer together as his gaze drifted toward the carved walls of the snowden.

"I don't know, Siyet," he finally admitted with a sigh.

"I'm sorry. But I guess the good news is, I'm definitely gonna be visiting you guys, a lot, alright?" a smile finally broke through again, his tail giving a few hopeful wags.
(This post was last modified: Jan 30, 2022, 10:56 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet lay there, thinking about the words that Chan had said. He had promised to visit the Cove. Would he really though? She had hoped so. She had come to know him as the fearless leader, before Al took over.

She looked at him with sad eyes and said, "You promise you will come visit? I would be really upset if you didn't.."

Her words trailed off and she looked at Chan. She wished that she could have spent more time with him, it felt like just yesterday he accepted her into the pack. For this she was ever grateful.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan held her gaze, unabashed by being asked to vow.

"I promise," he answered her confidently, yet to pull his paw away as his tail thumped the packed snow near his hind legs.

"I'm going to miss all of you too. I don't think I'd be able to stay away forever even if I tried."

At the least, worry about his family members would consume him, but he valued deeply the friendships he had made with the wolves that had chosen to share this home with the Eastfalls, including mirthful, enthusiastic and helpful Siyet.
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Chan had promised Siyet that he would definitely come visit. Siyet thought that this was better than never seeing him again.

"Okay. You better. Or I'll come find you myself."

She flashed a smile at him, trying to make light of the situation. She also found herself snuggled up next to Chan. She must have subconsciously moved while she was upset. She didn't mind though. It was warm. And she knew that with him leaving, he wouldn't have too much contact with other.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled back at her toothily, settling his chin down atop her crown and leaning into the cuddles. The makeshift shelter was warming up nicely compared to outside of it, from where he could still hear the wind moaning and throwing the snow about. He closed his eyes, content to drift off into rest for a little bit before continuing onward to the pack's heart.