Bing

tell it to the crows — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Linden who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Victarion Tytos Ironbelly
AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL.
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
I WILL LET YOU DOWN. I WILL MAKE YOU HURT.

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>He remained stoic during her response, his lips drawn in a thin line across his teeth. He did not look amused nor impressed, but he rarely expressed anything but grim, unhappy face. In truth he was rather interested in what she had to say, but communicating that properly was a whole other task. "<b>I see.</b>" He replied coolly, mulling over her seemingly practical excuse for her openness towards him. He respected her for not prying into his personal business, such behavior was childish, rude and altogether unwanted from him. He would have been in quite the temper had she interrogated him, but then he supposed interrogation tactics were not the strong suit of a <i>healer</i>.

"<b>I respect that.</b>" He said suddenly and without emotion, "<b>I respect you, you've been very helpful towards me, and I thank you for that.</b>" It had been awhile since he had been so polite to a stranger--who was no longer a stranger--and it felt good for him to have some conversation without being on the defensive. He watched her carefully, chances were that her daylight <span class='word'>zeitgeber</span> was going off, the way she sniffed the air and glanced about her as though she were looking for something. He knew his was. The heaviness in his eyes was beginning to irritate him, combine that with his nocturnal prey drive, and you had a wolf who didn't know whether to hunt or sleep. "<b>Do you have somewhere to be?</b>" He inquired quietly, breaking the brief silence between them, "<b>I'm all healed up now, you don't have to stay with me.</b>"

In fact, he felt compelled to let her be on her way. She had a home and family to get back to, he'd hate to have them worrying about her for his sake. No one was worrying over him, his family probably danced through the forest when they believed him for dead. Victarion found himself staring at the ground as he pondered this, surprising even himself for feeling a twinge of melancholy at the thought. He had earned that, though. As he glanced back up at Nina, he wondered if he could even make it in a new pack. If he could be happy. Time would only tell and he had a lot to consider that evening. "<b>Please, don't feel obligated to babysit me. I'm quite alright and I've thanked you enough.</b>" He said again, his voice less gruff than before.</font></blockquote>
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
New found respect was gleaming in Nina's eyes as the male spoke to her. Be wasn't rude at all from what she had encountered and was quite the gentleman from what she had seen so far. Though she was overjoyed to see that he wasn't one of the males to cling to her like it was for the best of their well-being and that the older wolf had enough sense to keep his guard up, something not many males thought about doing.  Though she couldn't bring herself to leave, she felt compelled to see of the other wolf needed anything.  After a wolf is currently healed, the urge to eat would usually overwhelmed them, and by the looks of the other wolf he was exhausted. Maybe from having traveled for days without rest or just because the medicine might finally be kicking in. 

Nina's soft voice spoke up slightly responding to him thanking her, <b>"Thank you for the compliment, and you're welcome. Would you like to go for a hunt?"</b> The smaller wolf asked politely before continuing, <b>"My pack-mates won't be looking for me. They are quite used to me staying up late."</b>  What the female said was true, she was one to wake up early and stay out late, it was just how her sleeping cycle worked. She wouldn't mind staying around the other wolf for a little while longer though, he was gold company. Not clingy at all, and quite gentle. Something that she definitely appreciated. 

When she pricked her ears again Nina was happy to hear that there were no more crows <i>crowing</i>. It was a relief to her ears for they were starting to give her a slight headache. Nothing some herbs couldn't fix, but it would be no use on her for the headache would be gone in a short time being, no use in using herbs on herself when there were other wolves that may very well need the herbs more than herself. Relaying what the other wolf had said to her she spoke again, <b>"I am glad to hear you are feeling better, and please, there is no need for your thanks, Victorian, I told you already it's not a problem at all."</b>
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Linden who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Victarion Tytos Ironbelly
AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL.
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
I WILL LET YOU DOWN. I WILL MAKE YOU HURT.

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>Hm. If you say so.</b>" He muttered in a husky tone, before sighing diffidently. If she did not require reassurance, compliments or profuse thanks, then he certainly would not give her such. No, Victarion was not a clingy male, nor was he the kind to woo women. There was nothing charming about him, and he was not going to pretend as such. If they did not appreciate his honesty, which he supposed this one <i>did</i>, then he wasn't going to bother with them. "<b>Yes, but are they used you in the company of strangers out so late? If so, then stay if you like.</b>" He was not her alpha, he would not order her around.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>The pit of his stomach groaned at the mention of a hunt and a meal. He was tired from traveling in circles, yes, but he was hungry as well. And in spite of his heavy eyelids, he found it nearly impossible to sleep on an empty stomach. "<b>If we can find some game.</b>" He responded slowly, glancing around the woods, trying to catch a scent or noise. "<b>I would rather enjoy that, I think.</b>" He was a little reluctant, as he had been hunting alone for some time now, but two wolves were better than one--even he would be humble enough to admit that. He began to pace around, sniffing and listening in each direction, there must be some sort of wildlife around somewhere. When he found something, he stopped and looked toward Nina once again.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>Well, what would you prefer? Rabbit or doe? I smell both nearby, I believe.</b>" Unless his sense were fading as well, which wouldn't surprise him either. It had been such a strange day for him, to fail at this would just be another thing to add to the list. The doe, probably a yearling, would have been a better meal for the two of them to share. But he could go for a smidgen of rabbit, as well. Anything to calm his aching stomach enough for him to get some rest.</font></blockquote>
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Her pack mates didn't really pay much attention to what she usually did. They talked to her and did things with her, but they never questioned what she did when she went out at night.  With a small sigh she answered the male softly, <b>"My pack mates know I am a healer and they respect me and what I do. If they have a problem with that then so be it, but I'm not letting another wolf suffer for what they think."</b> Though Nina was loyal but she couldn't back down from an injured wolf or a wolf that is in pain, she couldn't stand seeing another wolf like that. 

As the male started to walk Nina followed instantly ready for a hunt her paws itching slightly at the thought of it. She hadn't hunted since she joined the pack and she ached to do <i>something</i> along the lines of hunting for prey. At the mention of prey and the scent of doe and rabbit overrode her senses she was tempted to run, but she kept her paws planted on the ground evenly as she walked. She couldn't just take off on Victorian. That would be quite rude. 

Answering the older males question in a soft voice she barked, <b>"I think the doe would be best. We can both take it down, and it would be more food for you."</b> The female's emerald eyes shined in delight at the mention of for. She hadn't hunted doe in awhile. Only rabbits and a few elk here and there. Nina's ears pricked for any sound of a deer's hooves galloping on the ground and scanned the ground for any hoove prints, but came up with nothing. It didn't really surprise her though, she was used to animals around here to be as silent as a stalking panther. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2012, 07:46 PM by Nina.)
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.