(See All?) Announcements
513 Users Online
Bing

so put your best face on everybody — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan nodded his agreement. What wrong of his could it be then that he could not describe what he had not yet found? And who could blame him for wanting to discover it so badly?

A favor?

His tawny ears ticked forward, curiosity his first impulse. As was natural, his mind rushed ahead of their conversation in an attempt to solve the mystery left hanging in the air, and his stomach twisted. He had a feeling he knew what was coming, but remained open.

"What is it, Sana?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2022, 03:22 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The more she thought about their conversation the more she felt like she understood a little better. After all hadn't she also been searching for a place to belong since her return. Someplace that she could call home. She'd made the choice to stay in the lore after her mother's death in hopes she might find wolves she'd once known. Maybe all wolves had something they were searching for and it pulled them away from those they care about and their homes so they could find what would make them happy.

With all of those thoughts going through her head she felt that she might understand Chan's desire to leave the cove and go out on his own. There was something that she wanted to know but she knew that he couldn't tell her in that moment because he didn't know. That was where her favor would come into play.

She felt like she owed it to Chan to not dismiss what he'd said and to understand him better.

"I've said that I want to understand better and that's because I feel like we're friends. I would also like to say that though you might not have found what your looking for yet I do understand why you have to go find it. So my favor is this, when you do find what it is will you tell me? Also please Chan be careful and return to us safe."

She offered him a smile and brushed her muzzle against his, "You have the right just like everyone else to find what makes you happy."
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan was relieved to be surprised. Rather than asking anything that threatened to mock his autonomy and ability to think ahead, she merely ask that he come back to share his answers with her. He had to chuckle, it was so unexpectedly benign.

"You got it," he promised with ease, for he very much intended to keep returning to the Cove and maintaining his connections with the wolves here. Chan was sure that whatever it was he ended up finding, he would very much love to share it with those he cared about.

He tipped his head into her gesture, tail thumping the snowy ground behind them.

"Thank you. I appreciate the support."
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana knew that whatever Chan was looking for could be very different from what made her aunt be away from them. Maybe she didn't have a good reason loke Chan did. She hoped that whatever answers he brought back might help her in some way. More importantly she wanted to know that her friend had found what made him happy. The crow also knew that she could be waiting a very long time to find out.

A wide smile crossed her features when he promised, "Thank you Chan, that means a lot." She was glad that he didn't dismiss her but agreed to tell her. She may not have come to the cove specifically for Chan but she was glad to have found a friend in him.

He reciprocated her touch by leaning into it and thumping his tail. She was glad that she was able to help him to feel better. When he thanked her she nodded, "Always Chan, anything you need I'm available." She meant that too. She felt like they'd had something of a bonding moment and she wouldn't ever diminish its meaning.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan really couldn't have asked for better wolves for his family to keep company with when he was away. His tail continued to tap in happy rhythm, and when he next took a breath, he realized that the scent they'd started their little talk over had dissipated. He couldn't catch even a trace of it within the air.

"Likewise," he replied, leaning briefly into her so as to nudge her shoulder with his own.

"I'll always keep coming back, to catch up and check on all of you."
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Since coming to the cove Oksana felt her life had improved drastically. It was so enriched by the experiences they had and most importantly her life was made that much better by the wolves that she interacted with everyday.

Oksana smiled, "I'm glad to know that," she told him happy that she'd really found a friend I'm Chan. He really was a good guy.

Her tail swept the ground happily when he spoke of coming back to visit. "And I shall look forward to your visits and catching up with you." Maybe they could have more talks like this one when he returned.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled back at her, tail continuing its wagging. It was a tidy end to their conversation, and he could now feel the tiredness creeping in like fog. It was nap time. He gave his forelimbs and spine a stretch before angling away from Oksana.

"Think I'm gonna steal a moment's rest. I'll see ya later, yeah?" he would take a few steps before adding on, "Thanks for talkin', Sana."
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana was glad to have been able to have this talk with Chan. Sure they'd talked before but this time she felt like she'd gotten the chance to get to know him a little better. The conversation had come to a natural end and she watched the tawny mam as he stretched and started to head back stated he was going to rest. She realized that she should probably get back too.

"Yeah, of course," she said when he asked if he'd see her after. She gave him a smile.and a nod before rising to her own paws. As he started away he thanked her for the talk, "You too Chan".

FADE
"