(See All?) Announcements
484 Users Online
Khalon, Google, Magg, Aleister, Bing

The Things We Find in the Forest — Frog Chirp Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar stood with a healthy amount of pride in their modest work, tamping the ground down firmly upon the now-buried remains. That was good meat in his opinion, and would do a lot to help feed the others. His tail wagged through the air behind him as he turned to face Avella.

"Of course," he answered happily, closing his eyes and smiling broadly enough to show a tooth or two.

"Anything else?"

He certainly had more left in him if she wanted more work done.
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
She and Hagar had done good work. The deer carcass would give their band a few days food. It was a good feeling to put something in the cache for her charges. A smile was across her lips as the ground was packed down on the cache. "That's a job well done," she stated as she gave a quick nod as if to finalize what she'd said.

Her attention was drawn to the man when he spoke asking if there was anything else. "Actually there is," she said. She'd thought about what he'd said all the way back to the willows. "Before we brought the deer back you said you follow my lead. I want you know I appreciate that very much Hagar. However, I don't want you to ever feel like you can't make your own decisions or that I'm completely above you just because of my rank. Does that make sense?" She wanted to make sure that he knew that just because he was her subordinate didn't mean she saw him as any less of a wolf.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar listened attentively. He wasn't entirely certain whether or not he did understand. Of course it was his own choice, but of course Avella was above him as well. She wouldn't be an alpha otherwise, the heart of a pack, more intelligent and strong and therefor more critical to the pack's wellbeing. It was simply the nature of things, and made perfect sense within his head. He did not feel that this limited him, for he was quite happy being a supporting role rather than taking center stage.

"Does it offend you?" he at last asked, unsure where exactly the issue was. His head tilted slightly to the right while his green eyes blinked back at her.
(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2022, 09:46 PM by Hagar.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella thought to speak to Hagar abd make sure he knew that if there was something he wanted to say he was welcome to. She never wanted her subordinates to think their voices didn't matter. She didn't want to be the kind if leader that they feared. Instead she wanted them to feel comfortable coming and talking to her about anything that might be on their mind. She believed that this would help her create a place for every wolf under her care to feel comfortable and welcome.

His response did surprise her a little but she recovered quickly. "No, it doesn't at all. I only wanted you to know that your thoughts and opinions are important and that if you feel you need to speak them I would be happy to listen." She understood that they all came from different places which made them who they were. She was left curious about the place that he'd come from.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Ah. That was far more clear to him, and Hagar smiled while his posture straightened. That she welcomed his thoughts, mild as they may often be, was seen as a privilege even if not intended that way. He was honored that his alpha cared enough to tell him as much.

"Thank you, Avella," he replied with a deferent dip of his head.
(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2022, 08:42 PM by Hagar.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Hagar was a good wolf I'm her opinion. He listened well and did what he was told and never spoke back to her. That didn't bother her one but. What bothered her could probably be considered her problem but she felt the need to share it with him. She never wanted the chocolate man to feel he didn't have a voice, that his opinion or ideas wouldn't be accepted. That wasn't how she wanted to run her pack. She wanted them each to be able to come to her about anything and so she voiced that to Hagar.

Then she waited for his reaction, she got a smile out of him. "You're welcome Hagar," she said returning him smile and then stated again, "I doesn't anything. I do wonder what goes on in that head of yours sometimes." He was always so quiet so she couldn't believe that he didn't have a single thought of his own.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
I do wonder what goes on in that head of yours sometimes, she told him, a curious phrase to his mind. He took it to heart, believing it to be as direct as it sounded within his stout ears. Lips still curled with happiness, he nodded once again.

"I'll make an effort to share more, then."

It was a promise. In the spirit of such, he pressed on when before he might have waited docilely for her to give direction.

"I've been meaning to scout south for more game trails, would you like to join me?"
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella truly hoped that in time Hagar would become more comfortable sharing his thoughts with her. He was a mystery to her to be sure but one that she would like to solve one day. His quiet ways didn't bother her a bit though and despite that he was surprisingly good company.

"And I promise to always listen when you want to share."

That was most definitely something she would find easy to keep. He of course wasn't the only one of her followers that she wanted to hear from. All of their opinions mattered to her. She believed that a pack ran well when everyone had a voice. Hagar surprised her a little when he asked if she'd like to join him while he scouted out game trails. She smiled.

"I would like that very much actually. How about this time you lead the way?"
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar did not need to be told twice. He flashed Avella a toothy and wide grin, before lumbering off into the aforementioned direction. He didn't mind taking the lead when it was a directive given to him, and was glad to have the opportunity to talk over what he'd been discovering and planning out as far as food resources for the pack went.