(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Google, Bing

the planets bend between — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan had to hold back another mildly-embarrassed aww, truly very touched by how highly Jethro appeared to regard him and the wolves he cherished. It meant a lot to him that his kin were appreciated and encouraged to continue wearing their hearts outside of their bodies, rather than punished and thought weak for their caring. Of course, that he had been part of that example was merely the nature of things and not due to any excellence on Chan's part - it was just as he had learned from his own elders, and continued to do so to this day.

Enough about me, his company determined, and asked his own question. Chan's answer came easily, even if the course was ambiguous. To him, there was nothing wrong with this.

"The kids're goin' to the Backwater for a few weeks about the middle'a next month, thinkin' I'll head out with 'em and see if Vi n' Ko mind havin' me around for week or two. After that, who knows. Maybe go West?"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Molo who has 472 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
It didn’t seem like the other man had much of a plan, after the time he intended to spend with the Backwater wolves. Which was something Jethro could understand and respect. Plans could be changed or broken, so going into it with an open mind and a goal was, maybe, for the best. Perhaps the fun for Chan was not knowing where he’d end up.

”West,” Jet mused, offering an approving nod. ”Sounds good. Maybe you’ll getta see the giant salty lake, or whatever, that’s.. supposed to be out there.” If that place was actually real, that alone would be worth making the trip for. An expanse of briny-smelling water supposedly so vast that it swallowed the sun each night. It was one of the few memories of tales he had of home, that still intrigued.

”Know ya got family and friends. But, if you ever need somethin’ while you’re out, and.. don’t want to trouble ‘em, I’m here, too. Doesn’t matter what it is.” That was maybe the last thing the dark one really wanted to express to his elder packmate. Just in case. If Jet could help, he would.

Then, though, something else came to mind, and the dark one flashed his companion an apologetic grin. ”I guess I do have one more request, for ya, though - if I may?”
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Maybe you'll getta see the giant salty lake, was his response, and Chan replied promptly with an enthusiastic "right?!"

It certainly was real, the Valles were proof of that and while none of them could know how far the family had been taken from their ocean home he figured it had to mean it was a possible distance and not the great, impossible trek he'd imagined when first supplied with rumors of an endless lake where the land ends completely. It could have had him chattering away in itself, but Jethro continued to speak with a kind gesture.

Chan's tail thumped against the snow once more.

"Thank you, Jet," he answered, his own offer ready but first; "Yeah? What is it?"

There was no anticipation in his voice, sure that the younger wolf was not about to ask anything out of place.
(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2022, 09:16 PM by Chan.)
Jethrᴏ Kane
In fact, Chan seemed incredibly enthused about the possibility of seeing such a place, for himself. Enough that Jet was almost tempted to postpone his own mission, for however long it took to go there, as well. The thought of it being the last chance he ever had to try something like that, was a little saddening.

But that was something to consider at a later time. The other man thanked Jet first and then prompted him to continue. ”Well. It’s probably not goin’ to happen, but if you do.. somehow meet Nori out there, tell her thank you, for me.” The odds of that were quite small. He knew it. But it was also not something out of the realm of possibility, either.

Jethro would’ve far preferred to offer his thanks in person, to his first friend. But at this point, the likelihood of Nori ever coming back somehow seemed almost smaller than Chan’s slight chance of finding her somewhere out there. And if Jet couldn’t pass on that message himself, at least maybe.. someone could.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's smile softened as his niece's name surfaced once more, touched again by how much Jethro valued her friendship. He felt certain that it would indeed mean the world to her, if she was still out there and hadn't been entombed somewhere unreachable upon the mountain. He'd hope too that she was alive and well, that he would indeed find her somewhere and pass along the message if not help her make her way back to the Lore.

"Of course," he answered, and while plenty more came to mind to say, he opted out of each one. There were no promises or assurances to be made when it came to a missing wolf, and he wouldn't patronize Jethro with any attempt to manifest some.

"Y'ever need help gettin' a pack off the ground, let me know, yeah? I'd be more than happy to provide some."
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2022, 02:29 AM by Chan.)
Jethrᴏ Kane
To think about his lost friend, and what might have been, was unpleasant. More so, when he worried about what could have happened, to keep her away, permanently. That was a dark path Jet would not let his thoughts wander down, though. Nor would he let it distract him, or prevent him from following the path that he’d decided to embark on, now. Knowing that Chan would be out there, looking, and would pass on the message. That was enough.

But it was not the only thing he offered to help with. ”Ah, I’d appreciate that, am sure I’ll need it, some time. Still got a lot to learn.” Chan’s guidance had already proven invaluable. To have his direct aid in this effort was more than Jet could’ve asked for, but not something he’d turn away. He did indeed have a lot to learn, yet, but that was a challenge Jet was eager to rise and meet. All part of the fun.

”Wanna hear about everything you have to share, too. Specially that lake, if y’find it.” Hearing about it from someone he trusted would be the next best thing to seeing it, and if it wasn’t that far, maybe a trip would be possible. Some day.

--fade? Thank you for another great thread, too (:
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's grin returned in full when Jethro spoke appreciation and a request to hear his stories. The man did love telling tales to those willing to listen. He bobbed his head to agree.

"Absolutely. I'll be checking up on all of you as frequently as I can."

The journey to the ocean would likely be his longest, and he sincerely hoped it was not far enough to keep him away for months on end. This time, he was staying in the loop on what was happening with those he loved. Chan never wanted to come back and find the mountain unexpectedly empty again.

"Guess we should keep going," he mused aloud then, before wrapping the rabbit carcass up in his jaws to carry it. A swing of his occupied muzzle toward the forests below served as a signal of encouragement before he struck out once again, determinedly picking his way over debris and snow.

fade! c: