(See All?) Announcements
240 Users Online
Bing, Adelard, Isla, Google

That's a whole rainbow, man — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 231 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Scully Archer
I bet you say that to all the girls, she bantered, and his thoughts couldn't help but answer if only you knew. It was just about the only thing he'd failed to find out there in the world thus far - a polyromantic heart like his own. His smile softened, even as she continued to play along. Lying could come easily to the Archer, sometimes like a second nature, such as presenting the Ridge as a full-fledged pack even when it had been just him and Avella, alone, shoveling around frozen dirt.

He wanted to be honest, though. It was a nice thought at least, being able to bare even his ugliest facets without fear of judgment or shame.

"I'm definitely no saint," he spoke up, voice now relatively sober as he decided to provide a disclaimer before she agreed to anything, "but I can promise to always tell you the truth."

It was an experiment he was down for, if she was.

"If there's lines you don't want crossed, I'll tell ya up front if it's possible or not."
Played by Sunshine who has 59 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Kaeruka
Gradually her paw slide down to brush along the length of his ebony muzzle before planting itself on the ground where it originally started, the subtly shift in Scully's demeanor not going amiss. A certain level of happiness remained intact, but she couldn't ignore the softening of his smile that once flashed pearly whites after her banter.

I'm definitely no saint, he started out softly in a sober tone unfamiliar to the young female who had only strictly known the smooth-tongued side to the silvered man. It was this change in tone that caused her own facial expression to fall a little more on the serious side to show how intently she was drinking in what he had to offer. but I can promise to always tell you the truth. Not once since the duo had met had the idea of him lying to her crossed her mind, but she was smart enough to know it was a plausible thing. She was young, but not a fool.

"Who in this world truly is a saint?" She spoke softly in an attempt to soothe any worries that may be plaguing his mind at that moment, leaning close enough to allow the edge of her snout to nudge the apple of his cheek.

What possible lines she didn't want to be crossed she couldn't speak upon at that moment for this was a whole new experience for Kaeruka. It took two to tango after all but she felt confident in her dance partner, willing to learn along the way.

"So long as you're honest with me I will be honest with you and can't ask for much more." She purred on bated breath.
Scully Archer
She didn't shy away from his somber shift of tone, instead moving to comfort him with a soft touch and forgiving words. Scully brightened again, bolstered by her willingness to pursue an adventure even if it stretched into the uncharted. Maybe the brokered alliance wouldn't last the day, maybe these were the first moments of a years-long connection. Regardless of the length, he was happy to be welcomed along for the ride all the same.

He snuck a kiss to her cheek, tongue pressing briefly against the soft fur before he pulled away entirely, back on his feet and taking strides. He threw her a wide grin once more, all energy and mischievousness as he'd been previously.

"Let me treat you to a proper meal. Maybe, try to tempt you into calling my home yours again?" his smile grew evermore wry as he took steps backwards, doing his best to entice her into following him back to the Ridge.
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2022, 07:02 AM by Scully.)
Played by Sunshine who has 59 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Kaeruka
As swift as the somber aura had cloaked the young man it was gone, returning the charming and mischievous side that felt most familiar to her. Kaeruka couldn't place what it was about Scully that made her so willing to throw all caution to the wind, but regardless there was a certain level of excitement that bubbled beneath the surface in regards to what the future would have in store for them.

Suddenly the tawny woman could feel the softest of touches to her cheek that instantly had her skin turning to fire once the realization of what had happened settled in. So lost in her head following his gentle kiss, it was the theft of the extra warmth his body beside her own offered and her very breath that brought her attention back to reality. Chartreuse irises focused their attention on the fleeing silhouette of his silvered frame, that wry grin causing a flutter in her chest while drawing out the widest of grins her lips could muster.

He tempted the woman with the promise of a proper meal while making progressive steps backward toward the Ridge. Only a fool would refuse such an offer, right?

Energized, Kaeruka let out a bark as she lowered her upper body toward the ground in the form of a play bow, tail swaying rapidly in the air behind her. Like a shooting star, she found herself bolting toward the very place he was attempting to lure her, nipping lightly at the man's flank in passing while proclaiming in a sultry tone. "You're the most irresistible temptation this place has to offer. How could I not want to call this home?"
Scully Archer
She did more than accept his offer, matching him step by step for enthusiasm and playfulness. Scully practically wriggled as she shot toward him, forepaws lifting briefly from the ground in excitement. His teeth chased after her own side, affectionate nibbles placed throughout her fur in the brief moment that she was within reach. In the next instant Ruka was beyond, leaving him words that made him feel positively spoiled. What karma had he managed to put out to deserve this?

Without hesitation, Scully took off after her, making it a race. As fast as his legs carried him, his heart beat even swifter, thrilled to have her approval and unable to wait to see where their time together took them.