(See All?) Announcements
396 Users Online

a few more days — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
It did not surprise him as much anymore, when someone seemed to be able to just understand and accept the ways he felt, but the novelty of it hadn’t worn off. His elder, in spite of certainly being sad to see he and Siyet leave, was offering him smiles and words of encouragement. Oksana, like many here in the cove and in his life, was an example of something good. An example he hoped to embody and take to those that needed it, elsewhere.

He bowed his head a little though, as Oksana gently, and perhaps unintentionally corrected him. Siyet wasn’t just his friend, but their mutual friend. We’re fortunate, you’re right,” he murmured in agreement, extra emphasis on the we.

”I’m sure we’ll be fine, too. And we will come to visit as often as we can. I do promise you that,” Jet added. Hopefully wherever they ended up settling, was not too far away so as to mean trips couldn’t be made very frequently. Although Oksana had told him about the lands to the north, he couldn’t be sure just how far away they were, or what obstacles awaited.

”Wherever we end up, I’m sure it’ll work out. Thank you for your kind words, though. And.. from the way you described it, there, I’m hopeful that we’ll like it,” Jet replied with optimism. He’d practically been dreaming about the place, and couldn’t wait to see it. The encouragement however, was also much appreciated. He was curious to see if he could find where Oksana’s pack had formerly been.

The other also kindly offered to oblige his favor, which would be similar to the one he’d asked of Chan. ”Has to do with Nori. If she ever does come back here, somehow, would you.. be able to tell her where I went? I’d.. hate to see her come back, and think I left the cove because she was gone.” He recalled how glad she’d been to see him, the first time. How happy she’d been with her family. It must’ve been something major to keep her away for this long, but it was a hope, a flame that Jet refused to let be completely extinguished.
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Though she was really sad about her friends leaving Oksana tried to keep a happy face. It was for Jet, she didn't want him to feel guilty for following his dream. No one should ever feel guilty for that. She would miss them both but she felt she would see them again someday. She just hoped it was sooner rather than later. She was also excited to find out where they might end up.

She was sure that Jethro and Siyet would take care of each other. Though the lore could be unforgiving at times there wasn't a better time to leave than the spring. The pretty would be returning making survival easier and with the two of them they could eat quite well. She nodded in acknowledgement of Jethro's words.

Her smile returned to her face as he spoke again. "Oh, I do hope so and I hope to be able to visit your new home as well." She didn't want the cove wolves to ever lose touch with Jethro and Siyet. They had been good additions and friends to the pack.

Oksana was happy to hear how confident Jethro was about their mission. He was determined which helped her know he and Siyet would accomplish their goals. "You're welcome Jethro. I truly hope that you do like it there and I'm confident it will all work out for you." She meant those words. It would also he nice for there to be wolves in Kingsfall again. It had been a sad lonely place the last time she'd been there. Perhaps her perspective of things was different because it had once been her home.

She was ready to hear the favor that Jethro wanted to ask of her. She shouldn't have been surprised when it was about Nori. Oksana smiled, "Of course Jethro and if I can I'll bring her to you to make sure she gets there alright." If Nori ever did return she didn't want to take a chance on Jethro not being able to see her.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Jethrᴏ Kane
He hadn’t anticipated or really thought of Oksana coming to visit their home. Perhaps because she’d be busy here, with the wolves of the cove, and maybe children of her own, in a few months. But it was not a possibility he’d dismiss outright, either. ”That would be nice. Specially if we settle near your birthplace, I think Siyet and I would both enjoy a guided tour of the place. You could show us your favorite spots, all that,” he spoke with a grin.

Maybe she could even bring her kids, if she had them. Jethro was still a little hesitant about that, but after watching Chan a couple of times.. well. He felt he was a little better prepared to interact with them, in the future. And he’d need to learn to get better at that, anyway.

Jet offered the other a nod as she expressed confidence in their idea, something that meant a lot to him. The elder woman had proven herself a rather kindly and wise figure, so for her to express that kind of confidence, inspired him all the more in turn. One way or another, they would make this work. And Jethro hoped he’d get to help others through the effort, along the way.

As far as his favor went, though, Oksana agreed not only to it, but to possibly bring Nori there, if either of those things actually worked out. ”Thank you. That means a lot,” he murmured, closing his eyes and lowering his head gratefully. Of all the things they had discussed, this was potentially the most meaningful. As far as those that were left, only Oksana really knew how deep his attachment to Nori really went - and it was her he trusted most with that task. To have her here, watching out, put him at ease.
(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2022, 12:55 AM by Jethro.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
She'd already spoken to Siyet about visiting once they'd found a place to settle. Oksana was rather excited about the prospect of visiting her friends and seeing them in their new home. She smiled and a happy swaying of her tail showed that she liked the idea that he'd presented. "It would be my pleasure to show you around my old home. Maybe even give you a little history of the wolves that once lived there." Her mother had told her a lot more than she'd learned before leaving the lore. It would be nice to have someone to share what she'd been taught with someone else.

She wondered how far in the future it might be. If she and Aleister had been successful then maybe the children would be old enough to travel. She could being them along and let them see where their mother had grown up. She thought that would be a good thing for them to see. She wondered if Aleister might come along with her.

She supposed that was a talk for another day when things about the future were more clear. She had high hopes for Jethro and Siyet. He didn't seem like the type to give up on a goal and he was quiet capable of taking care of himself. She knew they would be fine and they would all still be friends even if the distance between them was great.

She felt honored that Jethro would ask such a favor of her. To trust her with delivering the message to Nori if she ever came back. Oksana wanted to make sure that they were reunited. Perhaps it was because of her and Aleister or it was what friends did for each other. Either way she wanted to do it for him. "You're welcome Jethro. I'm really glad to do it." Its the kind of things friends did for each other.
Jethrᴏ Kane
Oksana also appeared quite excited about the idea of being able to show he and Siyet around her former homeland and added something to the idea that Jethro hadn’t thought of. ”That’d be even better,” he spoke excitedly, bouncing forth a small step, unable to contain the energy. There was a lot to be excited for, and hopeful about, since this plan was becoming more and more real with each passing day.

Ever since realizing that all packs and families were not like what he had been raised in, it had made Jet all the more curious to learn about the experiences of others. To be able to gain that insight from Oksana, someone he’d come to respect a great deal, was not an idea he’d turn away from, ever.

If it hadn’t been for the whole Nori request, and the fact that Oksana was with the leader here, she was someone he would’ve very much liked to have as part of what he hoped to build. Though, he supposed, getting to learn more from her was a good reason to come back here for those periodic visits.

”Likewise. I mentioned it to Al, but.. if you or the cove ever needs anythin’, we’ll be there for you, too. Just send word.” Aleister had said they had enough friends and resources to be counted on, but one could never know for sure. That, and it would be damn silly of him, to not extend the offer to the pack that’d helped him so much.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana thought it would be nice to be able to share what family history she did know about the wolves of Hearthwood. As far as she knew she was the only one in the lore now that knew the stories of her birth pack. She also thought that if Jethro decided to settle there then maybe it would be something he would want to know. As he spoke her thoughts were only confirmed. "That's settled then," she said with a smile, "And it will be nice to know that the past can still live on in us."

The crow was glad that wolves who'd lived in the lore before had returned. That way the history of the land could be passed on to the new wolves coming in and making homes for themselves. She was happy to see it live on instead of becoming something else entirely. Though it felt different it was still the same old home she'd always known.

She was still sad to see Siyet and Jethro leave the cove. It had been given a new perspective and she was happy for that amd happy that her two friends would find what made them happy. She could only hope that everything worked out for them.

Oksana smiled, "I appreciate that Jethro. I don't know if we'll ever need to ask for help but just knowing we have friends out there will bring great comfort. I am sure Aleister would agree that we would be glad to help you as well." There wasn't anyway Oksana could actively ignore a call for help from her friends. Though they may not be with the cove any longer in a few days that didn't mean they weren't still a part of it in everyone's hearts.
Jethrᴏ Kane
Jet offered the elder dark woman a nod as she deemed the matter settled, grateful for her advice to this point, and more so looking forward to these future plans coming to fruition. Although Jethro hoped to make a place that was very much his own, he did also hope to pay respect to anyone that had come before him. Mostly, though, because the area had once been home to someone he cared about. Not particularly for any reverence for deceased figures of the past.

That wasn’t something the dark one had any real affinity toward. The history, though, would still be interesting to know.

Similar to Aleister, the woman before him now also voiced doubt as to whether or not the Cove would actually need help of either he or Siyet, but it was nice that both of them would know. Oksana also reversed the offer, in a motion that should not have surprised him as much as it did.

”I appreciate you, too. You’ve been a good friend and a wonderful influence. Won’t ever forget that.” There were a number of folks from the Cove Jet would not ever forget, but Oksana was moving higher up that list each time they spoke. Aside from Nori and Chan, he would undoubtedly miss her the most.

”Good luck with everythin’. The pack, with Al. And if you guys end up havin’ a family.. I hope it goes well for you.” Again, though, Jet didn’t doubt that it would. The pack was capable, and he didn’t see it as very likely that any future pups would create too much of an issue.  

-think we're good to fade this one too.. thanks for another thread. these two are fun ^^
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana really hoped that she would ve able to follow through with the plans ahe and Jethro had set out. The crow wasn't one to go back on the promises that she made. However, she knew what the lore was like and how things changed so quickly. Right then and there she promised herself that she would do her best to do as she promised. She hoped that maybe she would he able to convince her husband to come along with her and see her mother maybe hear some of the stories she had to tell.

She was really glad that if Jethro and Siyet had to leave it was on good terms. They were good friends and she didn't want to have to cast them out because of something bad. That was a relief to the Crow.

Because of the friendships they had with the other packs in the lore Oksana was optimistic. She worried more for Jethro and Siyet as they started their journey into a new life. There would be plenty of things out of their control. Though she knew the man before her was capable she still worried for them because they were her friends.

She smiled and moved to brush her cheek against his at the kind words that he spoke. "Thank you Jethro for your kind words they really mean a lot to me." She thought about them and wondered if she could help others in the future.

She smiled at the well wishes that he'd given her. "Thank you and I hope everything goes well for you and Siyet. I really hope that you find what you're looking for soon and can settle down and start your pack." She really did only want the best for them. "I should get back," she told, "I'm really glad I got to speak to you before you left." With that she brushed his cheek with hers once more before turning to head back into the forest.