these small moments — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

He did not seem that mad at Seri at all, and he felt guilty to admit he was relieved for it. It still seemed like Eros was in trouble and he did not want that, but he wanted even less to be in trouble himself. He remembered how awful he felt after his mother had snapped at him on the mountain for asking about his dad. His ears fell flat, a shyness uncharacteristically falling over him. Eros was hissing at his dad and Seri shook his head because it was okay. It was an honest question.

“I… don’t really know who my dad is.” He admitted. “I’m pretty sure his name is Aleister, and that he lives up in the mountains… but my mom got really mad when I asked, and I haven’t really seen her much since that… I’ve been avoiding her because she really got so mad.” For a little bit, Seri had been afraid that she was going to do something drastic like push him off of the mountaintop… but she hadn’t, and they had merely been keeping their distance from one another instead.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Ghost who has 626 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

What a weird scenario was going on. Sharlee was completely silent, Eros seemed on the verge of tears - as usual - until he hissed out dad. Viorel looked at his son in surprise, confusion clear on his expression. He had no idea why his son would react like that, having completely forgotten that Seri did not have a dad, and traveled around loosely with his mother. Who based on the russett pup’s answer was not even in the picture anymore.

What on earth was happening.

Viorel smiled in an exasperated sort of way, looking at Sharlee with a soft kind of look in his eyes. He felt bad for Seri, but he had just barely stopped himself from chuckling when hearing that his father’s name was probably Aleister. Well well well, it seemed like his pal up on the mountain had had his own fun this last spring, and not just in his own pack. Still, now was not the time for yearling gossip.

He had a soft spot for kids, what could he say. Which was probably why his response to Seri was, ”Well, a friend of Eros’ is a friend of ours. Seri we would be happy to have you join Dead Empress Backwater, if you’re looking for a more permanent home.” He couldn’t just let the kid go out there and run around by himself without any parents, even if they were on the verge of being yearlings.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Seri didn't seem affected by the query, and Eros was thankful for that. His peach eyes watched his friend's features as he explained his situation, including the strain between himself and his mother. Since speaking to his own moms about the matter, the young Valle had come to understand that wolves having differently structured families was not necessarily a bad thing. Still, he couldn't help but feel that Seri had gotten... cheated.

His father's response was roughly the same as his son's had been, inviting the young wolf to join their ranks. He expected that the rusty-furred boy's response would be identical as well, and that Seri would choose again to stand by his ideals of freedom. Eros recalled Archer's derisions, but personally admired the other youth for his way of life. It had to take guts and stamina, to depend only on yourself and one other wolf.
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee for her part watched the interaction between the the wolves. This was not a matter for her to intrude upon. However after hearing Seri speak about his mother and hiw she'd reacted to questions about his father she was a little angry with the woman. No mother in her opinion should keep that sort of information from their child.

When Vi looked at her once more she gave him a gesture that said to go ahead. She didn't really think the leader needed her advice in the matter. She felt he could make this decision on his own. As he spoke a smile crossed her features. That woukd have been the advice that she'd give him. To her it sounded like Seri needed some place to belong. Whether Eros had done the right thing or not the fact of the matter was Seri was out there on his own.