(See All?) Announcements
1,260 Users Online
Bing, Google

A fine and private place — Firefly Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 58 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
Reika knew that Colette was now much better than she'd been when she'd first found the ailing woman. She was glad for that too amd though she knew there were things that weighed on her friends mind she'd never asked for more. She understood their relationship so she let time pass. One day Colette may or may not tell her about those think. It wasn't why she'd stuck around.

The words shot through the trees before she had found Colette causing Reika to stop for a moment. "It sounds like you're sending me away or leaving me behind," Reika stated. Surr Colette had told her in the past to find better friends but this…It felt different and honestly she didn't really like it that much. Finally she was able to see her friend and was able to meet up with her.

The young Archer could tell there was something on the pale woman's mind. She had spoken of finding new friends amd even come all this way through a thick forest to find her. So when Colette stated they needed to talk Reika listened. She wanted to know what it was all about. Thankfully her friend didn't beat around the bush about it.

The other woman. Explained that she'd be going away with an old friend because they had things to take care of. Reika wasn't really sure how to respond to that. She knew one day that she and Colette would probably go their separate ways but she didn't expect it this soon. "You know I don't want you to go Colette but if you've got unfinished business I suppose you have to." Reika wasn't very happy about this new development but she knew there wasn't any point in arguing. Then the pale woman dropped the worst of it on her. "You have to try your best to come back," she said her tone almost pleading. Colette was her first friend and she didn't want to lose her.
Played by Molo who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Colette
Although that cynical part of the ghost was loathed to admit it, she had, mostly, enjoyed her time with this kid. That, and Reika’s stubbornness in attending to her had, in fact, paid off. Aside from her missing eye, Colette had found herself feeling both better in spirit and health than she had in quite a while. If fate hadn’t decided to intervene, and she hadn’t stumbled upon Chan again.. she almost would’ve believed that it might be possible to.. live comfortably.

There’d never be any forgetting or moving on from her past. No forgiveness. But maybe she could’ve learned to live with it.

As much as she’d enjoyed bantering with Reika, she had to credit the kid for actually sitting back to listen. And silently, Colette thanked whatever gods there were that she decided not to inquire any further. A particularly familiar sort of pain was driven through what remained of her heart as the kid asked her to try to come back.

It was strange to think that Reika actually cared. ”I’ll… try. But if I’m bein’ honest, kid, my chances aren’t great.” As much as it hurt to admit, she didn’t want or need to give the young woman false hopes. ”If I don't make it back, I appreciate what you’ve been trying to do for me. And I know you’ll be alright.”

She didn’t want to leave. But Colette had full confidence in the young woman’s abilities. She’d move on, find other friends, and a place to belong. That, the ghost was sure of.  
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
It was sad news that Colette had given her. Reika hadn't been disillusioned in thinking that they wouldn't ever part ways. She supposed she just didn't expect it so soon. Though she wanted to tell her friend not to go because she may never return she knew she couldn't. The young Archer girl understood that the older woman had to go and finish whatever it was that she'd started.

It was because of that that she decided she needed to put on a brave face for her friend. She didn't want Colette to feel badly for leaving her and doing what she needed to do.

Maybe if she once she had dealt with it the pale woman could move on with her life. She could actually find some kind of peace. Reika hadn't ever asked more about it instead she chose to wait and see if Colette would share but she hadn't. That was okay with the Archer girl.

Reika looked at her paws as her friend spoke again. She didn't want to think of something bad happening to Colette. "I will hope for you to come back," she said looking back at yer friend. She did smile at the next words the woman spoke, "I'm happy to have been able to help. I'm sure I will be alright. I've met some other wolves. They seem nice."

Perhaps she'd go find them and stick with them for awhile. See where that might lead her. She could also travel further into the lore and see some of the places her father had told her about.
Played by Molo who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Colette
In spite of their initial misgivings and differences, the ghost had found her respect for the young woman growing. Reika was a decent, fine wolf. Someone that deserved friends that were so much better than Colette could ever be. Still, though, a very small part of the ghost regretted that she might not be around to watch the kid grow into something fine, one day.

Silently, she bowed her head and hoped too, that she might be able to return.

It was good though, to know that Reika had made some other acquaintances as well. ”Supposin’ I do make it back, you’ll have to introduce me. So I can properly vet them.” The ghost spoke, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her face. It was.. mostly a joke. She trusted Reika to do that for herself, but the ghost did indeed harbor a genuine interest in meeting these others.

”That’s it, though. Will let ya get back to doin’ whatever it was you were doin, before. I gotta get the hell out of this forest. Making me claustrophobic,” Colette complained, scoffing once more at the trees.

-feel free to fade/archive on your next ^^
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
Things between her and Colette might have started off a little on the rough side. Now with the pale woman's announcement Reika felt that they had become friend's. It was more than she'd been expecting during their time together but she was glad to have met the other woman. She hoped that they would meet again one day.

The Archer girl did smile despite her sadness at the words that were uttered by her friend. "Of course, I would it will be good to have a second opinion." Though Reika was pretty certain the wolves she had met were good she thought it would be good for Colette to meet them.

Reika looked down at her paws and nodded when Colette spoke to excuse herself. "I'm gonna miss you very much," she said before pulling the woman into a wolfish hug, "Be careful," she said as she pulled away and then turned to head back into the forest. She paused once to look back at her friend.

Fade