(See All?) Announcements
471 Users Online
Google, Bing

unsettled — Porcupine Island 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 473 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
His friend and former leader professed that the main reason for this delayed departure was just the lack of water. While Jet was no body language expert, he’d learned a lot about it over the last year. And in this instance, it seemed the aversion of Chan’s gaze alluded to it being more than just that. He wouldn’t ask, though, instead settling for a nod.  

Thankfully, it seemed he didn’t have to. Flair and Chan were expecting. Expecting what, he thought to ask, for all of half a second. Until he realized.

And the corners of his mouth turned upward into a wry grin.

A year ago, Jethro would’ve been disgusted at the notion. Now though… there was something like excitement there. For his friend, at the thought of being able to meet and see more new faces in the coming weeks. ”Well… I, for one, know you’ll be a fantastic father. An' I'm happy for you, both of you.”

He’d already seen the Eastfall’s potential and ability to entertain youth during their outreach trips, and he didn’t doubt Chan’s ability or devotion to his own, for one moment. ”And I’m here for you too, whatever you need.”
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Jethro had nothing but good things to say about the news, and Chan certainly hadn't expected to be admonished. Still, he didn't quite like it being out there in the world and the anxiety lingered beneath his surface even as he smiled sheepishly in his usual way. Perhaps it was the connections the younger wolf shared with the Eastfall family; or maybe he had just liked having this sense of a secret, truly private life which had previously existed only between himself and @Flair.

It didn't matter. He had known it wasn't something that could last forever.

"Thank you," he answered, what was left of his tail wagging appreciatively. Chan wasn't sure about fantastic, but he knew that he would love whoever was born to them with all of his heart.

"Flair wants to stick around Kingsfall, the redwoods. If you guys choose to stay too, that would be pretty great, but of course I wouldn't ask you to go putting your plans on hold for us or anything like that."
(This post was last modified: Dec 09, 2022, 11:39 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Molo who has 473 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
Thank you, Chan answered. A response that felt just a tad.. underwhelming. Jethro had expected excitement or at least a more visible sense of happiness. That was how new parents were supposed to feel normally, wasn’t it? Excited and happy? Nervous too, though, he supposed. Perhaps that was it. Whatever the case though, he didn’t intend to pry further.

But there was more, at least. Flair wanted to stay around here. And though he definitely would’ve remained, at least for a while to ensure things went smoothly if it’d not been part of the plan to stick around here, it thankfully was. Whether permanently or not, he didn’t know quite yet, although this was just another good reason to stay.

”Ah, we’ll be around a while. I like it here too, got everything we need. Food and water, plenty of lands free for takin’. If we don’t stay for good, I’m plannin’ on at least usin’ this area as a home base for a while, while I scout further.” There was still a lot to be seen. A plethora of lands and territories to explore, but for now, this was good.

-probably good to fade here soon too? ^^
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan was happy to hear the younger wolf's answer, tail still wagging to show it.

"That's awesome. It'll be great having you guys around, n' not having to say goodbye to Finley so soon. It'd be cool, y'know, if the kids could all have each other for friends for a while..."

It'd be absolutely wonderful, actually, but again he reigned himself in from dwelling in what might be. When one managed their expectations, they were better prepared for disappointment. Chan knew better to count his chickens before they hatched, but of course there was that part of him that believed something so horrible as losing a litter could not happen to him and it was immensely exciting what was possibly just a few short months down the road.

His mismatched eyes wandered, looking for something else.

"I've never come to the islands, you been here long? Wanna look around?"

good to archive when you are! ^^
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]