(See All?) Announcements
669 Users Online
Bing, Finley, Atara

We'd rather be six feet under than be lonely — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sunshine who has 59 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Kaeruka
Ruka's back, special note to anyone of WR but open to all.

The woman had procrastinated enough.

Despite the many deep breathes and other attempts to calm the nerves running rampant each step that brought her closer to the willows, the tawny woman knew there was only so much stalling she could do before facing them. However the outcome would be at least afterward she could release the burdened weight upon her shoulders for what she had done, her conscious clear once more.

Pear likened eyes studied the collection of low sweeping boughs that danced about in the gentle breeze along the various ridges, mostly bare of their slender foliage still despite the frigid grip of winter lessening its hold on the world below. Spring was just 'round the corner now and mother nature made its presence known in a multitude of ways. Including the familiar itch that nibbled at Kaeruka's skin with no immediate cure to be found.

Clutched firmly within her jaws dangled the once pristine coat of a winter hare that had once easily blended in with the lingering snow upon the ground, a lackluster offering to her former home. Once still limbs soon set themselves into motion again, brushing an itchy shoulder on occasion along the smooth barked surface of a willow trunk with little relief. She knew it was futile, but least it helped to offer her mind a brief distraction as she nervously danced toward the edge where she formerly believed the boarders of the ridge to have been but..

Confusion flashed across the tawny woman's facial features and her gift dropped unceremoniously to the ground at her paws.

Where was Willow Ridge?

Word Count: 267
Commision by Foxamp
Played by becca who has 63 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niamh

She imagined @Hagar would not be far. He seemed to keep a watchful eye over all and it was with him in mind that she approached with no fear.

Visitor, Her lips curled into a warm smile that would briefly meet her eyes. You have found the gathering of Willow Ridge. Although it could hardly be called such currently! Still they seemed to build a foundation once more. Yet now she fell silent and allowed the woman to speak.

Surely it must be a good sign if she had come bearing a gift! She had seen these things enough to know only those who wished for something brought forth an offering.

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2023, 04:01 PM by Niamh.)
adopt my brother!
[Image: dc2fbin-ebafc8dd-4a28-4007-a4d7-3b44f6408cfc.png]
note: mentions of fortune telling and magic are purely a belief system.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Kaeruka

Ruka wasn't allotted much time before an unfamiliar figure emerged from the depths of the Ridge, pear like gaze narrowing momentarily to better take in this strange female. While she sported an agouti coat much like that of Avella's the scent she bore was completely off from what she remembered to belong to the Archer matriarch, let alone the lack of mismatched eyes nestled upon a pale colored face. The confusion that formerly marred her facial features briefly manifested into a look of fear as her mind began to run with potential ideas of what may have happened in her absence, the lack of a particular cologne along the edges further causing her heart to sink into her chest.

Such turmoil thoughts were temporarily cast aside as the woman that appeared before her spoke of this place still being Willow Ridge, though the former term of pack had been exchanged for that of gathering. Peculiar, indeed, but once she inhaled the familiar scent of Hagar mingling thickly amongst this unknown woman's own perfume that some relief washed over the tawny woman.

Well, at least she was spared the embarrassment of groveling for forgiveness for now.

"I've come to rejoin the Ridge." She spoke earnestly at first, debating on whether to speak further on the subject of why she was wanting to rejoin. It was decided that may be a conversation best reserved for those that knew her prior.

Word Count: 000
Commision by Foxamp
Inactive No Rank
Niamh

Ah! She had been right!

However she could not be the one to make such a decision. The choice is not mine, but I welcome you. Her eyes dazzled with brilliant warmth. Rejuvenated both by the season and the arrival of another body. I am sure you understand, woman-to-woman, that the season can bring business. Her voice teetered on a tease!

But let us find the leading lady, hm?

Surely even the season would not compel her to wander beyond a calling distance! Will you tell me of yourself while we walk, visitor? She imagined it would be better to have this information when they came across @Avella.

adopt my brother!
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella had found a quiet place under one of the willows that was now in full foliage. The breeze ruffled the fur along her back as she rested in the shade. Spring was upon them as expected but she'd chosen to remain in the ridge this season. Considering their small numbers she didn't think it wise to go wandering off. Especially in her current state. Instead she'd chosen to keep mostly to herself at least until her heat had subsided.

As the day wore on she drifted in and out of sleep not really having the desire to do much else. It was quiet, peaceful under the boughs of the Willow. It allowed her the chance to quiet her mind from the barage of thoughts that usually occupied it.

During one of her awake moments she noticed that new wolf and another making their way through the Ridge. That was curious but what was even more curious was the longer Avella watched the pair the more she thought she knew the newcomer. Unable to let that go The Archer woman rose to her feet and made her way toward them. The closer she got to them the more she was certain she jnew this wolf.

"Ruka is that you?" She called out to them.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Kaeruka
Glee shown brilliants within the depths of the woman's eyes upon hearing the words that dripped off Ruka's tongue, her voice opting to hold a teasing tone as she rebutted her response with one in regards to the current season and what implications came with it. "Indeed it can, but I agree. Lets." Craning down the tawny woman swiftly scooped up the carcass at her paws meant for the very woman they would be seeking out, an chocolate dipped ear flicking toward the woman at her side to showcase she was indeed listening despite the difficulty she may face speaking through a mouthful of rabbit fur.

So, she wanted to learn about herself, hm? Seemed harmless enough and perhaps by providing such casual information this woman could provide some answers in return. Did she know anything about what fate had befallen the Ridge?

"Firstly, my name is Kaeruka but most call me Ruka for short. I was a former member of the Ridge but..."

Her words faded to silence as a familiar voice suddenly rang in the air, drawing both ears to pivot forward toward its owner and a mixture of emotions to cause her stomach to flip uneasily. Both excitement to see a familiar face and guilt intertwined themselves like a toxic potion in her gut, her paws coming to an immediate halt. The rabbit clenched between her jaws was once more placed on the ground, more gingerly this time, before Ruka's once neutral posture adopted to a more submissive stance. Once erect ears splayed backwards, gaze dropping to focus on the ground at Avella's paws. "Hello, Avella." Her voice was soft, confirming the woman's suspicions that she indeed knew the woman accompanied by the other.
Inactive No Rank
Niamh
skippable unless addressed! can also be sent off if they want to have a private talk <3

A former member come home.

How peculiar. How badly she wished to know more! What had driven the woman away? What had summoned her to return? Things she would not be the one to ask.

Avella greeted them and Niamh was quick to give a low bow before she softly stepped to the side. Prepared to be nothing more than a learning onlooker as the two woman conversed. It would be good to see how interaction flowed and learn whatever history was buried here. So much of it eluded her still!

Unless, of course, she was wished elsewhere! In which case she would still be just as obedient.

adopt my brother!
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
She hadn't been wrong about the visitor.
It was Ruka alright. This was certainly a turn of events that she hadn't been expecting. There were only two questions on the masked woman's mind as it was confirmed that her former packmate had returned. "Hello," she greeted in neutral tones. Conflict raged in her mind of how she should deal with such a matter.

For so long she'd vowed to herself that she wouldn't allow anyone back once they'd left without a word. To her the trust had been broken. Now things were different. Their pack had dwindled and choices needed to be made. "You've been missed," she told Ruka in an effort to ease the other woman's fears.

This would have to be where things started. She felt that perhaps she'd may have been wrong in her beliefs and that maybe this rule needed to change. Maybe that would not only be a start for the Ridge to recover but for herself as well. It was hard to know the right thing to do since it could all go up in flames again but she had to try.

"Can you tell me what tool you from us?" She asked curiously.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar can also be skipped <3

If both of them were somewhere, it was all but guaranteed that Hagar was not far behind. His ears pressed forward to catch words spoken, and his nose twitched as it analyzed whatever the breeze brought to him. Kaeruka's scent was quickly recognized, and when he appeared from betwixt the trees his tail was high but wagging amiably. A returned face! This could mean so many good things in his eyes.

He went to Niamh's side first, standing shoulder-to-shoulder and leaning gently into her smaller frame. His smallteeth reached to nibble lovingly at her cheek, and he growled his fond greeting lowly. Then duty pulled him away, and he moved to stand tall beside Avella. He would not interrupt, but wanted his support of her to always be clear. Especially if this reunion ended up not going well, though he hoped it would.
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Kaeruka
Word vomit from Ruka

Initial greetings out the way the next words to fall from Avella's lips were not ones the tawny woman had expected to hear, but were not ones not plausible. Where she would have placed any wagering bet that she would have heard the title of traitor, deserter, for showing face around the Ridge instead an I miss you of sorts graced her ears. Perhaps it was the shock of hearing such a statement that drew Ruka's gaze to meet the agouti woman's for a split second as if she needed to make sure she had heard the woman correctly.

Then the question Ruka had been dreading to answer finally came to fruition. The tone in which it was asked leaned more toward curiosity than accusation, for which the woman was relieved, but an answer was still needing to be given. Silence hung in the air for but a couple moments longer as motion in the distance caught the pear eyed woman's gaze, yet another familiar face emerging from behind the treeline. There was no mistaking the chocolate pelt of Hagar, her own curiosity stirring at the display he offered the woman that had ushered her here before his large frame moved to take position beside Avella. He was silently greeted with a low sway of her tail.

It had to be of some good omen that he too still dwell amongst the willows. Did that mean that he may still be around? Selfishly her gaze ventured beyond the shoulders of the duo that stood regally before her in hopes that just maybe she'd catch a glimpse of a silvered pelt maneuvering between the low hanging boughs. Alas, such desires of hers would be met with no such luck and she had left Avella unanswered for long enough.

A deep breath was drawn into her lungs and slowly exhaled to steel her nerves as she prepared her answer, nails kneading the soil beneath her paws before finally speaking. "I suppose you can chalk it up mostly to weakness. The drought had taken a mighty toll on the land, on myself. I couldn't remember the last time I could think straight with the constant dizziness that plagued my head." Ruka paused then, drawing another slow breath before continuing. "Before I knew it on the the last trip I took beyond the Ridge in search of food I had become disoriented, nothing around me familiar in the slightest and I couldn't remember the way back. Didn't know how long I had been gone and that's when the fear set in. I feared I had already been gone long enough to be considered a deserter and in thinking that I couldn't bare to show my face, but this place was my home."

It was the honest truth and if they would allow her such forgiveness she doubted she deserved, she would love the opportunity to call this place home once more. To prove to them however she needed that this was where she belonged.