(See All?) Announcements
564 Users Online
Google, Bing, Chan

people live here — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 610 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

They gathered and soon Aquene was speaking. Leo and Magg were a little late, but Nash could excuse them the time. They'd just had a long journey after all, and in all this smoke. Their coughing was only a point to what Aquene was saying, and when she glanced to Nash he nodded. "Magg and Leo, you've been out travelling in this. I'd like you both to take the next three days at minimum to rest in the den and let Aquene see to you. She can determine if you need down time beyond that. The rest of us can continue carrying out your duties for now."

He paused a moment, thinking. "Our stores are okay for right now, so I'd rather we focus on protecting our borders than hunting. Hopefully the smoke doesn't linger long. That being said, if you get the opportunity for an easy catch, take it. Just don't exert yourselves." The fewer wolves stuck to the den there were, the better.

Played by Flywolf who has 76 posts.
Inactive IX. Subordinate
Diantha Vuesain

It didn't take long for everyone to gather and it was with great relief that Di saw her brother and friend join them. She knew they were back, but it was good to have them before her eyes. Magg sat next to her and leaned into her side, to which Diantha did the same. She'd missed her best friend. Later, the Vuesain girl would have to tell Magg about their field trip to Fallen Tree Cove, and be regaled with stories from the ambassador trip. She wanted to know what it was like further north!

Aquene was talking to them, and Di listened carefully. She noted the coughing around her, even as she herself was trying to suppress it. The thought of curling up in the den with her nose in the lichen did sound appealing, and would offer a good opportunity for storytelling. It wouldn't be so bad. She glanced back at Magg when Nash offered his own additions. Just how bad was this smoke deal anyway? Would Leo and Magg be super sick from walking in it? Concern gnawed at her gut.

Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

There was relief as she saw both Magg and Leo arrive, recently returned from their trip. She would offer an approving nod to her husband as he gave them both strict orders to remain in the den and allow her to assess their health before they continued on. It would also give her the opportunity to talk with both of them about their trip and find out how their conversation with Paradise Falls went. She figured it had to go at least moderately well.

“Don’t take any risks… if you begin to feel funny, or notice your coughing, take a rest in the den, please… no life is worth an extra rabbit or a patrol.” She cast a gaze out to all of them, her eyes softening before she looked to her husband for any last remarks. “Thank you all… and if anyone sees Stella please make sure she knows and tell her to find me.”

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 610 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

As the meeting concluded Stella still hadn't joined them. Nash cast a concerned glace at his wife, but didn't interrupt her. The coughing her heard scattered among his pack was its own concern and proof of these necessary measures. His own lungs burned, but he resisted the urge. He would pay for it later, but that would be in private. For now, he needed to appear strong for his pack - especially having just gotten over his previous illness.

Perhaps we are cursed.

He shook the thought off, stuffing Chan's voice back into its corner. His brother was wrong. Not every year could be a rough year. Things would get better.

Aquene mentioned @Stella and Nash leaned a little closer to her to murmur, "I'll try to find her." He just hoped she wasn't collapsed somewhere, further proof of their shaman's concerns. With that he kissed his wife and youngest daughter on the head, gave an affectionate nudge to his older children and headed out to track down their scout-to-be.

Played by Grae who has 894 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

After laying near the entrance Moonshadow laid her head gently on her forelimbs. Her lack of strength really worried her sometimes. Her mind was still sharp as a tack yet her body was failing her. She almost wished her mind would start to dull, as to soften the sad realization of her age. Silver dusted audits stood at attention atop her head as her daughter-in-law and son spoke. They placed a mandatory rest period for everyone since the smoke has gotten so bad. Her and her youngest granddaughter were to stay inside as much as possible. In her younger years the onyx woman would have protested and probably not have listened.  Now though? Not even a peep made it's way from her greying maw. She would listen and make sure that everyone else did too. This smoke was not something to challenge. She just hope for all their sakes it passed soon.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]