(See All?) Announcements
637 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo, Sophrosnia

New Faces... — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
As he drifted off in the warm afternoon sun once more,his rest was interrupted once again. Soft footfalls caught his attention and seeing as young Kegan was laying down, Koda opened his drowsy eyes. He spied a dark female cautiously approaching them. She appeared to be a lone female and this sparked his interest. The only female that he'd met so far in this region was the Copper Creek woman, Volkan. She'd introduced herself by offering to steal his kill. This fae seemed of a different mind-set entirely. She also seemed to be considering them as closely as he was now considering her. She was entirely confident without shoving forced bravado in one's face.

He stood as she stopped, still a bit away. You couldn't be too careful with strangers, could you? Never mind his and Kegan's instant affinity. He smiled at her and gazed into her silvery eyes with his golden honey ones for a long moment. His head and tail were high with confidence, but not aggression. Koda couldn't help but wonder what was going through her head. It was a bit out of the ordinary on any day for a single female to approach two unknown males. She carried herself with a grand confidence nonetheless. <b>"Greetings, on this fine afternoon. I am Koda Reinier and this young fellow is Kegan."</b>

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Smeh who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan glanced at the dark female. He was more cautious about this wolf, she looked deadly enough.<b>"Yes, I'm Kegan Richie, since we told you our names, mind telling us you're name? So Koda... What was it about that hunt again?</b> Kegan said tiredly, stretching up his long muscles and yawning afterwards, any wolf could tell that Kegan was tired, in other words, shattered. Kegan stood up for a few moments, but them sat back down again.His fur was nearly dry, completely dry from what it was like minutes ago.Kegan then sneezed another time, and then he flopped back down on his body for another time.<b>"Just to tired!"</b> Kegan said to the two.

Kegan kept a safe distance from the newly met dark as night itself, trusting Koda to spring up into action if she did try something.Kegan could hardly keep himself awake after that. Just to tired. Every time he tried to fight this power of sleepiness, it was to hard to concentrate with being all worn out, but why did he feel so tired, before answering his own question, Kegan had dozed of to sleep.
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She she approaches, the older male stands and Elettra stops, her weariness settling in further. There, they are still, statues as one looked directly towards the other; golden eyes matching silver. His tail is a bit high, with a confidence which Elettra herself shared and though she was no longer of any position within a pack, she could not hold herself back from her own tail rising in a powered gesture, her hackles raising in a moment of 'being on the edge'. She awaits the fine moments for him to ether speak to her in friendliness, chase her off, or attack. None the less, her stance remained as firm as his own until finally, he speaks.
His words are formal and proper, neither of which she expected from the brute. After all, it was this same way of introducing herself which often caused others to give her weary looks and to even think wrongly of her. Many felt as though Elettra thought she was better then others. But this was not true. The truth, however, was that Elettra was better then others. Perhaps not all, no, but a lot to sure account for something. However, this large brute before her presented himself with an obedient, correct manner which Elettra could agree with and so, decided he was worth her time after all.
Now, her attention shifts to the younger, smaller man of the pair, his words offering answers and questions alike, before he is unable to stay focused on the task at hand and felt himself dozing off. He was exhausted- they both, in fact, looked tired and she was beginning to wonder if the pair had been traveling together. Perhaps, even, the older wolf was a protector of sorts to the younger in their venture? She had come across quite a few rogues looking for a new start- why not them, too?
Their names were similar in ways that when they said them, she instantly took to noticing the rhythm of which they went together, causing a small smirk to pull at the corners of her mug which had otherwise formed a tight, emotionless line. ”Pardon, Kegan Richie and Koda Reinier. My name is Elettra Archer.” She offers, her poised body made to dip her muzzle downward firmly in her regal and proper greeting, as only seemingly nature for the darker lady. After all, she had not adopted the title 'Lady' from various wolves within these lands without reason. ”Am I interrupting nap-time?” She questions delicately, her silvery gaze turning to the slumbering young man before falling and staying on the one which was awake and could, by this, continue the conversation.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
The older male frowned a bit at the extreme grogginess of Kegan. When the younger one sneezed and mumbled about being so very tired, it dawned on Koda what the trouble was. He was ill. He was not concerned for his new friends safety, but he already felt a bit responsible for the young man. He subtly stepped closer to him, positioning himself between the slumbering male and the newcomer, Elettra. She did not seem to be threatening at all, standing in her proud regal manner, but Kegan was almost as helpless as a newborn in his current delirious state.

He tipped his head respectfully at her greeting. <b>"A pleasure, miss Elettra Archer. I'm afraid my friend here is taken ill with a rather debilitating cold."</b> Right at that moment a <span class='word'>sibilant</span> sound came from the other wolf's direction. <i>Was that his breathing?</i> His brow furrowed slightly with worry. Sleep was likely the best medicine in any case. If he got worse, he would try and find a healer for the lad.

<b>"For him, nap time indeed. As for myself, I am suddenly feeling refreshed."</b> He gave her a small smile, admiring her demeanor and formal presentation. She was confident in the woman that she was and it showed. His interest in her was peaked to say the least. He admired a wolf that was comfortable in their own pelt.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The young man falls to slumber and, on yet another protective note, the older man of her own age steps closer to him in a protective manner, closing the space between she and Kegan. If not before, then it became more obvious to her that the pair new each other well, or so Elettra might have thought by the way Koda was acting. For surely, Elettra herself would not throw her neck out to protect someone she did not know well... It was the same way in which Bear had acted with Kyrie when Elettra had arrived to them- standing protectively over the smaller and weaker. Judgement was something Elettra did not swallow easy, but swallowed, none the less. There was a power in her being- a stance of dominance and royal prowess that others ether admired, shunned, or feared. Elettra Archer had learned to live with this, if nothing else.
She would pause, silent as the man had shifted in his protective manner, with little else to say before he spoke up once more. He speaks as properly as she, offering a similar greeting by the dipping of his muzzle and speaks on behalf of the slumbering wolf just behind him. "It's a shame I don't have any remedy..." She would mumble ever so delicately, as though that perhaps with these words, she would seem as less of a threat to the young, vulnerable wolf. She really wasn't. She had no intention to raise her number of enemies without raising her number of allies, first. She was no fool.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Although she didn't show any real outward sign, Koda knew that the female had picked up on his shift in position. She didn't seem to have much interest in Kegan now that he was in a deep sleep, although she did voice a wish that she knew of something to aid him. A few moments ticked by and Koda relaxed his stance ever so slightly in a show of trust. He obviously didn't know her well enough to simply trust her outright, but as far as the ailing wolf went, he knew that she wouldn't bother him.

Koda gave the dark female another appraising look. <b>"So do I, for I know next to nothing of healing myself."</b> He doubted that Kegan was in any immediate danger, from his cold or from their visitor. It was apparent that neither of the conscious wolves intended harm, so why not get to know one another? <b>"I believe that he will be fine, given some rest. May I ask why a wolf such as yourself is wandering alone?</b> Then he glanced all around them and tipped his head inquiringly, <b>"Are you alone?</b> She could have friends nearby.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He allows himself to lax, ever so slightly if only to show that he trusted she wouldn't throw herself towards them in a rage, even if he did not trust her fully- she would not have expected him to, having only met her but moments ago. She shifts in her placement, keen to stay on all fours, alert before the man but listening still with each thing he had to say. She smirks to his mentioning of knowing nothing of healing and she would instantly shake her own head. She didn't have any remedy with her, no, but she knew much none the less. "However my knowledge is vast," She speaks boldly, proudly that she knew much of the healing arts due to the rigorous practice which had been pushed upon her in youth. Though she had liked healing as a child, she wished only to play and be, well, a child. Though in her land there was little room for this- if it was not sparring, then it was learning to heal the wounds of spars.
"Perhaps I could teach you a few things, sometime..." She found herself offering lightly, though she had no means to teach him (and waste her time by this) without gaining something in return. Life was never free. Then he questioned why she was here, a girl like her. She wondered, perhaps, what he meant, but decided to only take it as a complement. Her stature was something much higher then what a wondering rogue may hold. "For the moment, yes." She would reassure, but her smirk would heighten and for a moment, her silvery gaze dancing teasingly around them as though that perhaps they were not, after all, alone. "Though I'm rogue I have my followers. My life as a wanderer will be short-lived." She mentions the few followers which she had always gained, women only for the time being. However, though she would admit to him that she was just a rogue wolf, she made the fact known that she sought to build her own pack, too.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Although he still held himself erect and proud, he had relaxed quite a bit around this intriguing fae. Her unusual and formal speech appealed to him and he felt as if he could listen to her speak for hours. <i>What a strange thought...</i> He shook himself mentally from the odd turn his mind had taken regarding her regal presentation. She admitted that while she had nothing to help Kegan at the moment that she was well versed in the art of healing. <i>Most intriguing.</i> He had always had a great curiosity about the practice, but had never voiced it to his elders. Her offer to teach him sometime came as a great surprise. He had the distinct impression that it would cost him. What, he didn't know yet. <b>"I admit that the idea is appealing, I fear that my aptitude for serious study of such an important art may be lacking. Perhaps the right teacher is all that I need."</b>

He saw her glance around in a teasing manner when she admitted to being alone and it brought a small smile to his face. The light teasing was a stark contrast to her formal manner and it pleasantly surprised him. Of course, he was finding that he liked both her regal manner and the hint of humor that she let slip by. So, she was a loner, but had little intention of remaining so. With her confidence and strength, he had no doubt that she would accomplish her goal. He only wished that he would be there to see it. <i>Where had <b>that</b> thought come from?</i> He was a bit startled to say the least at the turn his mind had taken. He knew that one day he would settle in one place for he didn't have the true heart of loner. He had not expected the sudden interest to spark right now. He laughed at himself. She may not even want him hanging around.

As before, there was only one way to find out. <b>"I would need a lot of time to learn anything from you. Perhaps you would like some company in your grand endeavor?"</b> His words were bold, to himself and likely to her as well. He was quite surprised at his quick decision, but he'd never been one to dally over important matters.
(This post was last modified: May 15, 2012, 01:11 AM by Koda.)

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He admits his interest, and her smirk widens- no, not a smirk, but it formed into a smile, subtle over the mocking of her expression, but there, none the less. She had taught Kanosak and Volkan a thing or two, both members of Copper Rock Creek and her teachings also extended to two members (former members) of her own when she resided within the Cedarwood forestry. Lessons came easy to her; strict and to the point,followed by repetition much as her mother had done. In her youth, she remembered the times when her mother had lashed out even at herself, if only to push Elettra into knowing what remedies to use. It was under these conditions which Elettra Archer had learned quickly, and well.
He speaks now, and it comes as a surprise to her as it did himself. She had only known him but moments, but everything in his words seemed sure. So far, Elettra had gathered a handful of women both younger and more her age, to join at her side when her moment to claim a land arose. Each one had reasons for coming with her and each seemed confidant that their new-found leader, Elettra, would not fail them. Each wolf seemed sure of Elettra, even having not known her for long, that her pride, confidence and determination would lead her to victory. But it would not be Elettra alone in this mission, but the very wolves which had dedicated themselves to her. He was the first to have offered to join her, as apposed to Elettra asking them, and this, if nothing more, intrigued the woman greatly. Still, upon her time of claiming and naming a pack for herself, each member would be tested of their loyalty. Each member will prove to her, and the pack they they truly wished together, to make their pack great.
"Yes." Her words breathed in one easy whisper, accepting him on her journey. "I will teach you everything I can offer you, if but in turn, you stand at my side: delicate yourself to me, as your leader, and to your pack, as your family." Despite her deeper tones, her words are delicate, each word ringing with an air of passion and sureness. A serious is clear within the silver of her gaze, locked upon him in hopes he would give his word.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
His heartbeat sped in his chest as he waited for her response to his impulsive question. He was indeed pleased at the thought of spending more time with the dark female, but even more so he was perhaps moments away from no longer being a loner. He'd been entirely on his own this past year, until the last week or two, when he'd first entered the region of Relic Lore. He had met several wolves in that time and forged tentative friendships that would blossom given the opportunity. Now, he was on the brink of a major turn in his life once more.

When she finally breathed the word <i>"Yes"</i> and laid out her conditions he let out his own breath, which he had not realized that he'd been holding. Be loyal to her and her pack, that he could do as easily as breathing. A deep and abiding loyalty was in his nature, in his blood and in the training of his formative years. Examples and teachings came from his father and his father's father before the tragedy took away all that he had known and loved. The fire that closed that chapter in his life. The interlude was his year as a wanderer and now, a new chapter began.

<b>"I do promise loyalty to you and yours, Miss Elettra Archer."</b> His voice was strong and full of seriousness, for it was a most important matter. He bowed his head down in respect to her. Then he glanced over to his young friend who had slumbered the entire conversation away. <b>"Elettra, I have just met young Kegan here, bare moments before meeting you. Yet, I feel responsible for him. He is ill and I wonder if I might impose on you to help his ailment? It might serve as my first lesson."</b> he suggested.

Whatever her answer, it was time to wake Kegan and inform him of the momentous changes that had taken place. He knew nothing of the boy's hopes and desires, but there was always the possibility that he might join them. In any case, Koda wished to see him well before they parted ways if that was his decision. He shifted position and nudged the younger male to wake him, at first gently and then a bit firmer to penetrate his haze of weariness.